Posts by Ruefus

As for output, cab and amp presets.....those have no factory settings. There are no factory presets to contend with.

At least with Amp and Cab - you can save your own presets and those will be the ONLY ones that appear when you right click on the amp or cab icon in RM. You can still see them in the left folder tree and use them the old way as well.

As for updates - *every* software update on any system you care to name fixes some problems and introduces others. Nothing ever ships bug free. No matter how good the developers are or how much they test. Especially with varying OS versions...PC, Mac....hardware configurations. You cannot test for every combination. So...yeah....bugs.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the further development of the KPA. I really am.

But I suppose someone has to be annoyed for the rest of us to be happy.....Your turn in the box. ;)

You're exaggerating in the extreme with having to go through 400 presets. That sound very much as if you haven't even tried it.

If you have - then I apologize. But the way it's implemented makes it pretty simple to filter through. About as easy as I've ever seen it done, and that goes back to the original Pod 1.0.

With respect, you're the first person I've encountered that's complained about the addition of free features.

For some time now I have been observing that the Kemper is changing from a professional tool to a consumer toy.

CK has said for years - profiling has gone as far as he believes he can take it.

As for your quote above, that ignores the last 10+ years of history.

It's always been an attempt at a jack-of-all-trades device. Otherwise why bother providing dedicated knobs for modulation, delay and reverb since day one? For years people have worked to use the KPA by itself, with no outboard gear. Complaining that it's become better at doing something its always done? Again....puzzling.

Arrogant? Huh.

So many people complained that once they changed a preset, they couldn't get back to 'zero' with any certainty. The presets are there so people can have starting points. They can also see how certain parameters affect the sound. I also like having them so I can dial up a sound similar to plugging in a new pedal.

The Kemper Drive proved that 'loose' presets was a pain. It was frustrating as all hell for me.

Can't please everyone, nor should you try. But calling CK and Company arrogant for doing something 10+ years on that others have done since before Kemper existed is puzzling. Others might call it catching up.

No, i don't think so.
    Yes Presets are handled like Rigs in Preset Packs like Rig Packs by the RM installation and will be delivered within the installation process.

if you look into the OSX Package (MAC) or into the Programmfolder (Windows) you will find the preset pack folder (Resources/Preset Packs).
    But will be not displayed --- It's a bug sorry.

It is not a bug.

The factory presets do no appear at the left on RM. You cannot remove them from the Profiler. Just like the Green Scream or any stomp. They are permanent and don't appear at the left in RM. In the screenshot below, I've right-clicked on the delay slot and moused over to show all the factory presets. The two above them are ones I set up (and need to rename).

I guess it comes down to do I like the Kemper or the CLR...

so the feed to FOH stays the same?

FOH stays the same and requires something in the CAB section.

The Kabinet is primarily meant for the player's ears. If you want a 412 sound to monitor - then you need a 412 with Kones to do that. The Kabinet makes no attempt to emulate multiple speakers. The compromise you make with a CLR is that you get the sound of 4 12" speakers cooking....but one colored by the microphone(s) and room used to capture it.

The whole point of the Kabinet is to provide a true amp-in-the-room feel.

I made this suggestion in a separate thread as part of that conversation. I'd be interested in what the larger community thought. This relates to using RM when choosing a Stomp or effect slot.

Instead of a right click and nested menus, I'd enjoy seeing a version the menu system that exists on the KPA itself. As in - a knob for type/algo/preset. There are a number of ways to do this with a software interface.

The current system works well, of course. But compared to working on the unit itself, it's menu-diving 101 (meaning: a bit clunky). The process is also a lot more disconnected from how the same action is performed on the KPA. Once you've selected a preset, it's fine. The controls mimic the KPA's.

To me, this is one operation that remains much more intuitive when performed on the KPA directly.

I *love* using Load Type. Especially with delays. Cycle through various options to see if something good, bad or unexpected comes out.

One item I'll suggest (and will create a dedicated post here in Feature Requests) is modifying the UI for selecting type/algorithm/preset in RM.

Instead of a right click and nested menus, I'd enjoy seeing a version the menu system that exists on the unit itself. As in - a knob for type/algo/preset.

The current system works, of course. But compared to working on the unit itself, it's menu-diving 101 and one of the operations that's more intuitive when performed on the KPA directly.