Posts by Ruefus

Bottom line was: Do not try to make your Amp sound like on a record. On the record you are hearing a processed signal (MIC/Mic Preamp/EQ/...).

👍

It’s amazing how ‘bad’ some of the most revered guitar tones sound in isolation.

Click Track / Cue Track and Backing Tracks are part of the in-ear system. It never went to the FOH.

So wait for the moment when you press the wrong button in front of tens of thousands of people.

For some stupid reason, its possible to send the click to FOH in Ableton. I was part of a band where it happened 90 minutes before start.

For the people using it, lack of experience with Ableton didn't help (it wasn't me).

It was only 5 songs, but we ran out of time and ended up playing without a click or tracks. For some...that sounds like a horror waiting to happen. But no one, not even the creative director in the audience who chose the songs noticed. In fact, he commented how good things sounded.

Adding a metronome or drum machine/loop player would be so far outside Kemper’s area of expertise it’s ridiculous.

Besides, even the ‘good’ versions of those things kinda suck.

It isn’t that he wants to mess with DS. Someone already did, and did it wrong. It’s making work for him to correct it.

I agree with you. I still can't understand how, why and what caused this. But as you can see on top: everything is working again. Still a puzzle to me.

Thank you Ruefus for your advice if something similar will occur again. BTW what can Support do from far away?

They built the thing. They know what questions to ask and in what order to figure out an issue. Even if the answer is "you need to send it in."

It's not a lot different than IT software support. Which almost all long-range.

Right. That's why I'm saying, I get how it works. My question now is, for the DS values, if I increase them to bring them back to zero, I'm assuming I'll then need to go into my gain for that rig and turn it down a bit to get the overall sound/gain back to where it was before I turned up the DS levels, correct? Similarly, with the clean sense changes, if I turn those up or down, then I'll need to adjust the rig volume in the other direction to get everything back to the same overall volume as before, correct?

Pretty much.

PIA, I know....but I can think of no other way to get the consistency you need.

If it just "went away", I'd guess some sort of software glitch. Not necessarily a bug.

With the way electronic hardware is built and functions, it either works fine or it doesn't. A slow deterioration (IMO) is unlikely. Otherwise it wouldn't just 'fix' itself as if nothing happened.

For sure if it happens again - contact support first. I've never heard of anything like this.

If someone messed with DS AND the gain on each rig.....then yeah, you've got some work to do. But only once. Whether or not you need to mess with the gain on each rig will depend on what happens when you set DS for the new guitar. If that's no good (and differing DS values per-rig, it sounds like it won't be)....you know what's next.

Ain't no way they change how DS functions. That's been the same from the very beginning. Besides - even though it wasn't you, the problem sounds like operator error.

I meant pre/post Amp block, slot positioning. Not the checkbox. Sorry, probably is my English

In front of the amp is what many call Old School. Back when amps didn't have effects loop, everything went in front of the input. It is different, because the repeats pass through the amp and are distorted on their own.

The only way to understand the difference is to take the same delay with the same settings and put one in front and one in the Delay block.

Turn one on and the other off. Compare the two.

That’s probably due, at least in part, to the Player having to load a new bank.

The other units pre-load up to 5 rigs per performance. The switching in between them is as close to instantaneous as can be.

But when you switch performance (or a bank of 5 or 3 for the Player), it has to load new data, which takes time.

ok, I thought that would be the case. I'll check those threads out, that might at least solve half of it, if I leave it plugged in (iPad or no iPad) perhaps I could plug something into those 4 TRS inputs in the remove and just use those for midi stuff.

The four TRS jacks do not carry MIDI data. They are for expression pedals or extra foot switches.

I don't even take mine to rehearsals anymore. I just plug straight into the PA in the room as it's always facing towards me unlike a gig where it's in front of me so I need something on stage. I would actually be perfectly happy with just my own IEM but the Kabinet provides an on stage monitor for the rest of the band as well as a little air movement for me.

I have a Kabinet that stays at home. It only comes out for gigs. I found a killer deal on two used Kones and stuck one in an old cabinet that lives at the rehearsal space.

If I didn’t have that, I would’t drag the Kab around.