Posts by Ruefus

load type loads the effect with the same settings as currently loaded; only the effect type changes. Useful if trying a phaser and flanger or two different delay types for example.

Load defaults loads the effect type with all settings at the default values (usually 0 or 5) thereby overwriting current settings like delay time./mix/feedback etc

I love using load type. Great for auditioning various effect variations without having to start over every time.

This has been discussed many times.

The short answer is - you don't. Given that any Drive/Fuzz preset can be changed (morphed...whatever) into any other drive/fuzz setting, the names become meaningless. I wouldn't mind having a note that says something like "originally: XXX preset", but there are as many arguments for this as there are against.

Kemper's feelings on the matter are against this idea. Unless something changes their minds - they aren't even considering it.

I don't see it in the change log or the manual addendum.....but I'd swear I read something that said 9.0 'prepares' for Liquid Profiles. As has been said, Liquid Profiles won't be available until OS 10.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the Editor, you can open a small menu in the Amp section - it is a right click from memory. This menu contains a short list of about 6-8 amp names and I assumed these were tone stack options. As soon as I selected one, all the main controls (bass, mid, treb, gain) took new positions.

Pretty sure that’s a list of the amps loaded in your Profiler. Not tone stack options.

If select the amp button, turn the browse knob and you should see the same list. The loaded amp name will change.

I wish Kemper would put out a video showing us how liquid profiling works and what are its benefits. I think I understand it, I'm just not sure I want it, so it would be nice to see it in action before upgrading.

It won't affect existing Profiles (unless you want it to). If I remember the video correctly, it's not even a requirement for new ones.

But how exactly would this be implemented? I can't see how putting the tone stack between the various stages of an amplifier can be done with a profile.

No idea. Way past my pay grade and even further past my understanding of the technology. I mean, there's a reason Kemper mentioned it back in 2011, dropped it and have now just figured it out.

At least one guy at Line6 congratulated CK for (once again) figuring out how to do something before anyone else. That was on Gearpage. Dude said something like "Once again....he figured something out the rest of hadn't been able to."

Only thing to do is to put the thing in shade or somehow keep enough cool air flowing over it.

Direct sunlight and warm air on metal is rough stuff. Then add heated electronics in a closed case......yikes.

MacOS 10.13.6 is officially end-of-life since 2018, apart from a few security updates in 2020.

There is not much we can do about it, since newer XCode versions actively drop support for old platforms, so we can't even properly build software for 10.13.6 anymore.

Oh - no worries at all. I know what I have. I bought it new in 2011 and used, abused and generally asked more of it than I had a right to.

Just proof that eventually, even a Mac won't hang with the longevity of the Kemper Profiler!!! :)

You don't need to download RM 3.4.28. If you are running RM 3.3.50 it will suggest an upgrade to RM 3.4.28 in case you have beta versions selected in its preferences.

OK - so the Profiler should update to OS9 first and then RM will suggest 3.4.28. When I did that last night, the Profiler updated fine. RM would tell me of a software mismatch and then crash any time I clicked check for updates.

I'm on an old Mac - do the system requirements change at all for RM 3.4.28?

I've submitted a ticket on this, but I updated my Profiler when RM prompted.

I'm on RM 3.3.5, which isn't compatible with OS9. Even when completely disconnected from the Profiler, the computer (Mac) shutdown and restarted.....RM opens for a few seconds and then crashes.

Weird.

Very strange, could it be related to some kind of Fractal patent infringiment , as HW mentioned about in his latest video on youtube?

I don't think so. HW mentioned in a subsequent video (I think) that the rollout would probably be incremental, with USB audio the first step.

I on the other hand am talking to you. I see you like to argue on here with who ever you disagree with. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Me included Mr. Ruefus. I wish you a nice day.

If you want to pick a fight which you clearly do - knock yourself out. I was jokingly responding to Bayou Texan. That was the beginning and the end of it.

I've never said whether I need, want or care about Liquid Profiling. Nor argued about its validity (or lack thereof) You show up , decide to be a jerk out of nowhere...and I'm the one who's being argumentative.

Yeah...Ok, Sport.

I have absolutely zero need for liquid profiling. I have never and I will probably never profile anything. Every profile I will ever need is already done. There is absolutely nothing on this update that I really need other than usb audio and I have already gave up on it because of all the problems I found. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. All this hype for nothing, all it did was waste my time. Good luck to the rest of you.

Uhm.....that's nice. I wasn't even talking to you.