Posts by Ruefus

Not all cat5 or 6 cables are the same. They can (and often are) wired slightly differently due to multiple standards. I had to experiment with a few cables a while back. Some appeared to work and some didn't power the Remote on at all.

Just because it didn't work doesn't mean it's the Remote or Profiler has fault.

Ruefus can you elaborate on that information and tell us what you know and the source of your knowledge.

Not implying that i doubt your words, i am interested to learn what you know, please. thanks

No problem.

It’s in here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rig Manager on mobile has been available for some time now. It works with the Player, Stage and the Head/Rack if outboard gear is used.

The 7 new effects incoming will be added to the Player. Beyond that its all speculation.

No one here knows.

Christoph may have had an idea of the answer, but he never put a time parameter on it. I went back and looked. He did not, nor did anyone at Kemper say 'weeks not months'. HW made that up with a camera stuck in CK's face.

All Christoph said in response was 'No, no no....." then he literally mumbled *wkznotmuntz...". As if to say...."Crap....now there's an expectation."

In reality - Kemper made no such commitment.

Updates work perfectly fine for thousands of users.

Reading back, the issue does appear to be PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). That's not being snarky - just a reality. We've all done something similar.

If you were putting the kaos.bin file in the backups folder, it was never, ever going to work. The Profiler doesn't look for it there. Like placing a physical file for taxes in the folder marked Payroll. Good luck finding it.

(This example is fictitious. Any relation to my own experience is coincidental. And, no. You may not speak to my wife about it.)

The kaos.bin file has to go in the OS Updates folder or root directory of the USB stick.

Yes. If you disable the cab section, the main out won’t carry a cabinet signal.

Are you saying the monitor cab sounds different?

Well that's not exactly how pricing works anyway :). Sometimes it's hard to make a small difference, yet people might be willing to pay for the improvement.

Of course not - but the value has to be there to justify the cost to a person.

IMO - When the person says "I'm not super picky when monitoring, more concerned with what's going down on tape or out front." - No chance the perceived value is there for the extra cost.

Michael Britt says his "secret weapon" is UE7. He says it's the only one he trusts when he profiles. I think his profiles are best for all purposes and would love to hear them as he does but these things are like $1,000.00 and I doubt I would buy them if I had a million dollars but would love to see how they compared with the $100.00 sure. I'm not super picky when monitoring, more concerned with what's going down on tape or out front.

They're better for sure.....but 10 times better?

Not a chance.

theres a Tremolo section in the chorus section - version 3.5.24

steve

Those have been available for quite a long time.

New effects were announced at NAMM:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.