Posts by Ruefus

Seriously - a guy took 500 captures in 3 days and had no problem sorting them to find favorites.

…and you don’t care how he does it?

That you don’t care how he organized them says you don’t want advice or suggestions. You want us to agree with you.

I know exactly what you’re asking for. I disagree that it’s a good idea.

Its like people answer with something irrelevant. I not talking the little colours on effects types at all RUEFUS, im talking just like you can go to settings an change colour of your screen, that you can set this in with profiles. I must be on planet nu nu if im the only one thinks this be great. I use browser mode an if you have 30 captures one day of a amp, an you move on, you could designate red as a favorite. Or have a whole capture of a certain day and amp one colour. Anyway I would personally like it.

Irrelevant? Let's give colors we've already assigned to a different function a second function. No, that's not potentially confusing at all. One thing having two meanings.

Talk to Tone Junkie. after dragging his gear cross-country, HW did over 500 captures over 3 days while holed up in Josh Scott's house.

He then culled that down to 7 amps and 81 profiles to create the current JHS amp pack.

Without colors.

wow some real difficult peeps. If i could have one amp in red, or my stompboxes in green, that would be a plus. If you guys didnt want to use it, you wouldnt have to. If you make hundreds of profiles an they all over the place like me, it be very helpfull

They’ve already color coded the effects types. I have no idea how you’d color code amps/rigs without confusing things.

Stomp presets never mix with rigs anyway. As mentioned - stomp types are already color coded.

I’m sorry you’re not finding like-minded people, but at least to me you’re looking for a problem to go with the solution. Disagreeing isn’t being difficult. It’s a difference of opinion. Nothing more.

The Profiler is pretty simple to organize as-is.

I get your point. My comparison to Monster cables was meant to illustrate that many guitarists have a desire to hear their amp onstage in a way that is somehow based in tradition and not in optimum sound reproduction.

For the player - it has *never* been about 'optimum sound reproduction'. That's the job for FOH.

You've somehow got it in your mind that the amp-in-the room is some kind of tradition being held on to out of nostalgia or something. That technology has usurped it in some way.

That is simply not true.

I agree. My logic doesn't not suggest anything, I am stating that the audience should hear the best sound possible and that I should too. Ideally, those two sounds are the same. Just because limitations previously existed that resulted in me not hearing what the audience hears, doesn't mean that I have given up. The Kemper allows me to to remove some of those limitations, so I have. And inserting a Kab/Kone back in is not the answer for me. In fact, it goes in the wrong direction.

We can agree to disagree. I will not convince you and you will not convince me.

Sure it does. With your comparison of the Kone to Monster cables - you’ve basically called it snake oil. Fraudulent.

There is no way you understand it.

We can laugh at each other, but I'm not afraid of disagreement. :)

I believe that amp in the room is related to some tradition, for which guitarists have many, that is rooted in how guitar amps have been monitored on stage for decades.

In my opinion and experience, it is illogical that the Kemper main out connected to any PA results in a sound that the guitarist wants the audience to hear, but that same sound is no good for the guitarist.

We can disagree.

All this tells me is that you've never spent much time in front of a real amp on stage and therefore have no idea what you're talking about.

That's the claim.

In reality, it is a diifference between speaker systems that forces a profile to sound different through each. Seems inconsistent given all the claims by Kemper users that speaker cabinets are more important to the final sound than any other part of the chain. I see amp in the room similarly to Monster cables, $400 power cables and the like.

The only purpose of the Kabinet/Kone is to provide the sound of standing in the room, with the amp.

What you're basically calling bullshit, isn't. Laughably so, I'm afraid.

Might it be the influence of the SD 700? It would be logical.

No. Absolutely not.

Class D amplifiers (which the SD700 is) provide no discernible color of their own. In terms of 'clean' power, things don't get a lot better.

The fact is - you will not get the same sound elsewhere. It doesn't matter if you spend $10 or $10,000. You may get close, but if you're insistent on getting 'that' sound and nothing else you'll be in a constant state of disappointment.

If the band you're playing in has any aspirations of playing live, you need to find a sound you like in that context. Even when recording your sound may be perfect on its own, but will likely become completely lost in a mix. At minimum it'll get muddy and even if post-eq trickery helps, you're better of starting with a different sound.

You will never get your studio monitor sound anywhere else but there. Close? Maybe - but *never* the same. Not even if you drag the exact setup to your rehearsal room. Other instruments playing and the room itself will change it. That's just how it works.

If you listen to recorded guitar tones by themselves, very often you'll find they sound like crap by themselves but magic in a mix. Even then, it's going to depend on what 'isolated' track you're hearing. EVH sounds epic isolated - but that is not the sound Eddie heard when he played it. He was in the room with his amp getting the raw sound. What's on tape is similar....but not the same.