Posts by Ruefus

You can tweak the profile, but not the overdrive or amp individually if they're baked in.

There is no attempt to simulate the profiled amp's interface. A profile is a snapshot of the amp at specific settings. It makes no attempt to estimate where an amp's settings might be. The bass, middle, treble and presence controls function the same way across profiles. If you think about it, mimic'ing the tonestack would be a pain. Each amp behaves very differently. A Fender, Marshall, Boogie...etc....they all react differently.

What's more, something like an AC30 doesn't even have a middle control. Some Boogies have a 5 band slider (or two in the case of a Petrucci model). Some amps have bright switches, some don't......on and on.

There is no practical way to keep track of that on a per-amp basis. The user experience would be a total nightmare.

An important distinction is that the Profiler is not a modeler. It uses a very different technology. Modelers imitate every component in an amp digitally and assemble them to create an approximation. The Profiler takes a snapshot of the real amp at that moment in time with whatever settings the amp has. That's why you'll see several profiles of the same amp. Some like a Deluxe Reverb mostly clean.....other situations call for the same amp to be on-the-boil. YMMV.

You can profile dirt boxes by themselves, but then they'd occupy the Amp block. In truth, you don't need to bother. The Kemper Drive and Kemper Fuzz stomps let you dial up just about any overdrive/fuzz sound you can imagine.

Yeah - there is a learning curve with all of this. That's unavoidable. You can't treat it like a regular amp, or even like a modeler. It's easy to work with, but takes some exploration to sort it out.

I think I need an illustrated drawing on what ducking is. :/

It's pretty simple. A positive value means the delay/reverb won't activate until you stop playing. The delay 'ducks' out of the way and allows the original note room to sound.

Negative means the delay will function while you play, but shuts off (almost like a gate, but only for the effect) when you stop.

Im in the UK sadly not many if at all anyone in my local area has a kemper that i could try out. I went to a very well known guitar store and they didnt have one either which i found a little odd.

Fingers crossed i get a result from kemper 🤞🤞

A suggestion that I'll deny I made if anyone asks. Even if they quote this. It wasn't me.

If there is a retailer that can ship to one of their stores - or permits returns to the store - and you can swing the temporary cost (and live with the idea), order a new one, try it out and return it.

(To those ready to pounce: Yes. This is a dick move. I get it.)

Good point, thanks! I'm always for the better sound of the whole band, so maybe i'll leave stereo just for in ears.

It's a simpler way to go all around, but you can also talk with the sound engineer to see what they think. When it works, it *is* glorious. :)

You're not bumming anyone out. Most of the time when someone announces they're ditching their Kemper, they want people to either commiserate or argue. Neither of which is true here.

BTW - Where are you located?

One point that may or may not have been made - if your unit is in fact faulty, it's not worth as much as a perfectly functional one. So.....you end up paying for it one way or the other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish you the best in getting it sorted, even if that means selling the KPA.

The problem with stereo in a live situation is that most of the audience isn't in the stereo field. Only a (small) handful of people are in the sweet spot right out front and benefit. The rest hear more of one side. The result can be strange and not what's intended.

Many bands don't realize that sound engineers will often recognize that the room (or FOH system) won't support stereo very well. Even at its widest, the stereo field is still narrow. They'll sum stereo signals at the board and feel no need to tell you. It sounds better in the room (which is their job - and their reputation) and saves huge arguments that band members (one way or the other) lose.

My only problem with readability has to do with using a Head. When its close to (or on) the floor, reading the screen is.....difficult. :)

A friend has a Stage and reading that is no big deal. I mean....the screen is pointed straight up at you.

I'm not sure what the problem with the OP seeing the Stage's screen is. At least for me, it's perfectly positioned and quite legible. If we're talking about direct sunlight...any backlit screen is going to have problems.

At least in my non-scientific experience, the difference of adding one extra spring isn't that great.

Is it a little 'stiffer'.....*shrug* I guess. Different guitars? Who knows. Scale length, how much string is behind the nut, bridge design.....it all adds up.

The less resistance to change also affects how bent notes sound against unbent. A full step bend at the 8 fret B to match a fretted high E at the fifth will end up flat. The bridge will move forward and the unison bend will be *just* that much farther out with less stiffness.

That said.....I'd just play the damned things.

Yeah….swearing at and ordering them.

That’ll make them want to help.

Actually, I don't need to be more specific, there is a section called request, and there is a lot of very valid request unhear.

You may not feel the need to clarify, but at least two of us don’t quite understand what you’re asking.

They’ve provided upgrades for over 10 years. What seems to be missing that you’d like to see?

In a community this size, you'll find someone to agree with you.

I am not one of them.

Regardless, you'll need to be more specific. What upgrades? What effects? Options? Stability?

Not a very good example as a lot of compressor plugins feature a mix control to allow parallel compression.

The Profiler’s compressor has a mix function, as well as an intensity parameter. I think CK’s referring to using mix as a substitute for intensity.

I guess so and understand that things can go wrong, but I also think with the resources at their disposal this should have been recoverable if they had been fully prepared.

No one is ever prepared for everything. Life doesn’t work like that.

We have no idea what actually happened to lose the looper. Given the scale of the show, I seriously doubt redundancy wasn’t there.

For whatever reason - it wasn’t available.

S**t happens. No matter how much time effort and money is involved.

I actually purchased a Quadra Thru. Unfortunately, none of my RME interfaces provide enough power for it. I still think the option of switching the Kemper would be much more efficient, negating the need for an extra unit.

I speak from personal and recent experience with Kemper regarding a MIDI issue I had with my gear. A ‘simple’ option added by Kemper would have solved it.

While Kemper making the change may be the most elegant solution for you, it will *not* happen. Not for one use case in 12 years.

I don’t blame them.

It may be a simple change compared to a new effect or what have you, but any change affects all users, requires some level of testing, and in the case of added options necessitates updating the manual and it’s translations.

If you haven’t already, I’d be inclined to contact MIDI Solutions. John Fast has forgotten more about MIDI than the rest of us.

Come on guys, keep the Downloads page current, please! Why isn't 3.3.50 listed instead of 3.3.47???

Meh. With auto-updates, I haven't been to the downloads page in forever.

It's only really useful if you want to downgrade, anyway.