Posts by Ruefus

I actually purchased a Quadra Thru. Unfortunately, none of my RME interfaces provide enough power for it. I still think the option of switching the Kemper would be much more efficient, negating the need for an extra unit.

I speak from personal and recent experience with Kemper regarding a MIDI issue I had with my gear. A ‘simple’ option added by Kemper would have solved it.

While Kemper making the change may be the most elegant solution for you, it will *not* happen. Not for one use case in 12 years.

I don’t blame them.

It may be a simple change compared to a new effect or what have you, but any change affects all users, requires some level of testing, and in the case of added options necessitates updating the manual and it’s translations.

If you haven’t already, I’d be inclined to contact MIDI Solutions. John Fast has forgotten more about MIDI than the rest of us.

Come on guys, keep the Downloads page current, please! Why isn't 3.3.50 listed instead of 3.3.47???

Meh. With auto-updates, I haven't been to the downloads page in forever.

It's only really useful if you want to downgrade, anyway.

The strange thing here is that the Profiler has routinely been compared to literally everything. Including the amps it Profiles.

Aside from personal preference, the differences are minimal. Do what you need to get what you want, but something sure seems 'off' with what your Profiler is giving you.

If you're uninspired, then it doesn't matter how 'good' something is. Its uninspiring and therefore pointless.

The EtherCon connector doesn't need more strain relief.

If you're using a cable that doesn't use the EtherCon connector, which is a housing over an RJ45 plug you can purchase, then I'm with Burkhard. Use a cable tie and something like one of these. Found at most any hardware/home improvement stores or even the hardware sections of WalMart etc.

cable_mount_black_1.jpeg

As long as the outputs are turned down enough to prevent clipping, it's not a big deal to do.

Pedals like the Atomic Firebox have no effects loop. The only way you get effects post amp is using them after the output. Its output isn't as hot as the Profiler's, but the principle is the same. Most any amp sim pedal that includes a cab sim operates this way. Even something like the time-honored (and analog) SansAmp pedals.

You're passing a fully-realized signal (amp, cab and with a Profiler, any post effects you include) into the pedal.

It's not conventional, but not unheard of whatsoever and works fine.

They are interchangeable.

In my opinion, the cable the unit came with is part of the deal. Your Stage should have one with it, and the Head you’re buying should come with its own.

There is nothing special about either one. But selling something without a cord makes it unusable. it came with one and should be sold with one.

Weight? Really?

A video is really needed here. You can submit a ticket, but they’ll almost certainly ask for a video to see what you see.

If no one else is having this issue - and they aren’t - we’re blind and can’t help.

Yes - it’s supposed to be a simple thing. For some reason it isn’t for you.

A video of your process would be good. Your issue is one I’ve never heard of, and I’d guess it’s the same for most others.

We want to help, but this is like asking a dentist why your tooth hurts……over email.

It doesn’t work.

The reality of this situation is that no one is going to get sued for transferring profiles when selling their KPA. There’s no money in it and a pathetic amount of work involved to accomplish.

The music industry gave up on DRM and at least with Apple, purchased files have freely changed hands since 2009 with no DRM.

Is it legal? No.

You don’t hear anything about pirated music these days, though.

So we’re down to the honor system.

If you feel it’s OK according to your personal ethics, knock yourself out. The only people that *might* scream about it have no authority beyond online shame, and you’d have to tell them.