Posts by esable72

Let's say I have a rig saved in a slot in performance mode. I tweak the rig in browser mode and save it. Is the performance version automatically updated or does it need to be replaced?

Wouldn't a DI profile be a bad idea if I still want to run direct to FOH? Isn't that where the merged profiles come in? And if so, do the merged profiles automatically send the cab sim to the main out while sending the DI to the monitor output when the cab sim is switched off? Or is using a merged profile more complicated than this?

Finally had the first opportunity to run my new Kemper through my Marshall 1960a Cab (2-G12T-75 and 2-Marshall-branded V30s, X pattern). I was instantly disappointed. Rigs that I really liked on headphones and studio monitors were brittle and shrill. MBritt profiles (which I hear tend to be a bit on the darker side) that sounded meaty and tubey in headphones were harsh and rather digital sounding. I had to dial back the treble significantly on almost everything to make it tolerable. The consequence is that the main outs then sound way too dark for FOH. Tried cab off vs cab on (sometimes leaving the cab sim on actually helped a bit. Tried 4 vs 16 ohm. I'm really perplexed by how, through the Marshall cab, a lot of the higher gain profiles actually sounded similar... and quite frankly, not very good. I know lots of people use their Kempers with "real" cabs. I hate to invest in a FRFR when I already have the Marshall. Any thoughts? I think I need a pep talk. What am I missing here?

New user here. Still tweaking and attempting to wrap my head around this thing. My question is regarding live use. If I run my Kemper (powered version) through a Marshall 1960A cab, does it make sense to create all my rigs with that cabinet so the FOH matches more closely with what I'm hearing on stage? Even if, for instance, I'm using a Vox, Mesa, Bogner...whatever rig. Will selecting a Marshall 4X12 cab be the best option for the sake of consistency? Thanks all!