Posts by TheSystem

Dead On The Streets | Brian Blevins
    Dead On The Streets by Brian Blevins, Country music from Guntersville, AL on ReverbNation
    www.reverbnation.com

This is an old song I decided to redo. It is one of those that I just wrote the lyrics and melody in about 5 minutes and you can tell:) The lyrics were written around 1997. I came up with the main riff when I was about 15 around 10 years prior. My band was looking for more material for a project we were working on. We never officially recorded it.

Anyway in 1998 I moved away from where I grew up in the Cincinnati, OH area. Before I moved I was jamming with some folks and one of them is the singer on this song who recently passed away. We only did one version of the vocals and this is it. I just redid everything else this week.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Brian

I always used to run a Boss graphic EQ as the first pedal on my board back in 1980. At the time I basically had it set so it bumped the treble and cut the low end. I used it on some Police songs and every reggae and soca song.

Now I use one if I'm using one of my humbucker guitars for crunchy rhythm.

The first pedal on my board is a GE-7 I modded.

I know for sure that some of the Nashville guys like Brent Mason also have one on their boards.

PS. I am a DIYer. I made my pedal board out of left over bits from an aluminum fence we had installed :)

I agree the knobs behave differently with LP than without.

Playing faster and more accurately is conflating technique with sound. If you can't play faster and more accurately when not plugged in, then you won't do be able to do it because of LP. I think I know what you are trying to say, but come on. Your left and right hands are either in sync or not. This is true whether you are plugged in or not and LP isn't going to fix it.

I agree with 100% but I will add that an uninspiring tone does have an affect on my playing. I definitely play my best with tone and feel that inspire me.

When I first started playing I played on an old 60s 335 copy and no amp. No money for lessons or an amp then. OT here but this experience IMO helped me immensely especially when buying a guitar. If it does sound and feel right without and amp, I just move on.

Oh I would love to still have the guitar.

This one is just me. Mostly music to some songs I have written. If I could sing there would be vocals.

Brian Blevins Songs
    Songs and lyrics from ReverbNation Artist Brian Blevins, Country music from Guntersville, AL on ReverbNation
    www.reverbnation.com

A sort of country 4 song project I did with a friend a couple of years ago.

Brian and Chris Songs
    Songs and lyrics from ReverbNation Artist Brian and Chris, Country music from Nashville, TN on ReverbNation
    www.reverbnation.com

I just uploaded two Engle Savage 120 MK II profiles for channel four. You can search for Joel Ducote to find them. I would appreciate any feedback that you might have. This is my first attempt at making profiles. I tend to dial my amp differently than the existing profiles that I have seen on the Exchange. The profile was made with an EVH 412 cab with the stock EVH Greenback speakers. Thanks in advance.

Hey these are great.

I know Engl is not on the list but any chance if you have that you can share the amp settings for future Liquid Profile goodness?

Thanks

Brian

PS. If you can I am sure I will be trying one of the available Amp Models in the meantime.

The Fender clean tone I’ve been in love with since day one is the HAYS ‘67 Champ from RE paired with a 412 or 212 Marshall.

I’ve tried to find a Twin or Deluxe Reverb I like…..but that combo just works for me.

Nice gonna try now. Was just messing around with BMs Bell & Howell with a Vibro Lux BRT stack. Sounds cool.

yep I can understand what you mean , I've a better feel using NAM , I love my kemper but some tones are not as good as the real stuff , I'd suggest using the kone for a live fender feel with emincence or vintage imprints like the goodmans , jensen etc

However once recorded & mixed , you can hardly tell the difference between a KPA, NAM & a real miked fender.

Yeah I use NAM also along with Helix Native and it is awesome. Jesco's Ceriatone HRM is AWESOME.

I am too cheap and/or lazy to buy or find a good one but I have never found a Fender profile that I truly LOVED. Sure there were your casual flings here and there and a few short crushes along the way but soon the romance faded and I was left listless again.

Now everywhere I look I see rainbows and smell roses. I am talking real LOVE for MBritt's MB - FAN Twins Liquid Profile.

I tried many of his free profiles but never got along with them. I do not have a P90 guitar. I did a lot of tweaking but was never 100% satisfied. There are some the still have Stars next to them in RM.

This new LP might have dethroned them. Maybe I'll rent an apt somewhere and keep them there in case :)

My only real life reference in my adult life with a real Fender was a 66 BF Showman that I used along with an old Bogen (sp?) 2x12 with old Jensens. It was glorious. This tone is very reminiscent of that one to my ears.

Oh I am playing probably my least expensive guitar with it and I still love it. A stock MIC Squire Jazzmaster that I bought not long ago.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This video was posted yesterday. It appears that it was made a few weeks back. Have a listen starting around the 11:45 minute mark.

Maybe someone already posted this. If so, oops!

Looks something is about to happen:

PROFILER Operating System 9.0.6.46481 is primarily intended as a safe landing place for Rigs created and stored with OS 10, which we are planning to publish soon.

This is a reason to celebrate. Maybe waiting for LP was not the reason for my increased love of libations after all...? :)

I'm afraid you don't.

For sure LP will not transform a profiled amp to a modelled amp.

Based on what CK is saying it is going to be a combo of profiling and modeling.

Profiling is not going to change from what I understand. However the liquid tone stack is going to be modeled and the interaction between the profile and modeled tone stack (if you choose to accept the mission of using LP) is going to change.

Also just adding the modeled tone stack will not change the sound but rather only when the tone stack or gain knobs are tweaked.

I knew CK had said it, so thanks for finding it and saving me the time!!

Given that the tone stacks are modeled - I took his use of the term reference amp to indicate the type of tone stack. Meaning they modeled the tone stack of a Plexi, Twin, JCM 800, AC30 etc. These can be applied to any profile (like a Plexi tone stack on a Deluxe Reverb etc.).

That you can apply them to existing Profiles opens up all sorts of non-standard possibilities. :)

Oh I see now and I should have gotten that based on HW's response.

So when CK says that if you know the original Gain setting of the reference amp AND if there is a model of that amp's tone stack, do you think a LP can be easily created? If so, that is still pretty sweet to me.

I guess why I am asking is that even though I might have written down where the physical Gain knob was set to when the amp was profiled, how does that translate to the Gain setting in a profile? Doesn't the Kemper set the Gain knob of the profile when the Amp is profiled initially? This leads me back to 'if you know what the profile Gain was set to when profiled then all you should need at that point is a model of that amp's tone stack' to convert to a LP.

I have not done much profiling so I am not sure.

I guess I have to be patient like everyone else and 'wait and see. '