Posts by Mnwarrior26

thank you for all the replies, it seems that ever the room is more of a feeling than a sound.. I'm glad someone mentioned to the Head Rush 112 cuz I was thinking about purchasing one of them. And again the Kemper at the music store sounded absolutely amazing with the powered speakers they were running it through. Did the hair on my arms and neck stand up LOL

I was on the fence too. It's basically an Alto TS112 that's rebranded. Big difference though is that they removed the mic pre to make it better voiced for guitar. I wasn't used to a separate cab and high end amp sound coming from a 112 combo amp. So at first the HeadRush seemed to have too much bass. In actuality I just never had that low push before haha. I think you will like it. Just be patient and take the time to learn to dial it in!

I have an unpowered Kemper and a HeadRush FRFR 112. I jammed with my cousin yesterday. He has a Peavey Ultra head with a 2x12 and a 5150 III head with a 4x12 used at the same time with an A/B unit. I kept up with him and sounded just as full. It takes a little tweaking and some pure cabinet action but you can make it sound big. If that's not good enough, buy your favorite guitar cab and turn off the one on the Kemper.

IMO, it's more than good enough based off my jam session.

I noticed the latency too, which if I recall gets more pronounced the greater the transposition. At the time I poked around and asked questions and this seems to just be the way things are due to the processing power or whatever that it takes to do the transposing. That's how I understood the answers, anyway.

I can't say that I noticed a difference in tone because I couldn't deal with the latency and just moved on.

That makes me hope that they intend to better it at any point. I wonder how the pros that use it in live situations deal with the latency.

I don't know if it's just me but when I use the transpose feature (I like to a lot) it seems to bring on a noticeable amount of latency. This isn't just when plugged into computer with my Scarlet but even when just jamming with my FRFR or headphones. I'm also noticing a change in the tone of the profile I'm using for the worse. I've been using it in the Rig section and not as a stomp. Anyone have tips on how to better utilize or let me know if I'm missing out on the highest quality way of using this feature? I have a Digitech Drop pedal that I'd like to.. drop (haha) from my setup if I don't need it but so far seems to sound better.

Any help is appreciated.

I made the mistake of making such an observation once in a group of Corvette enthusiasts. Apparently that's high blasphemy.

I still have tender spots from the pitchforks and torches.

You own a Kemper already so that means you're cutting edge Chris! Don't let those grumpy men suffering a mid-life crisis keep you from your Kemper rig glory!:P

I think the best argument for this is that it gives Kemper total control over the signal chain, right up to the user's ear. The way it currently is, with all of the different active speakers, passive speakers, guitar cabs and power amps out there, the profiler's perceived quality ultimately depends on another manufacturer's gear. If they launch their own cabs, at least they can say: "This is the reference, this is how we think the Profiler should sound."

That exactly why they need an active option. The engineers at Kemper are obviously very talented and them engineering the whole signal chain makes for the best result!

Anyone have any comparison between this and the HeadRush FRFR? I got the HeadRush in a rushed decision because I needed something.

This however.. is calling my name right now. Especially if it's only $79 more via Thomann.

Any input would be awesome.

Here's to hoping they come out with an active cab for us non-powered users.

Because.. we've all been looking for the best option for that for how long :D

Update: I took the rhythm profile with the TS808 and EQ’d it in the X in effects. Then a little pure cab with slight tweaks to bass, mid, presence and it’s just stupid good. Cuts through any mix and had a perfect amount of drive. Responds well to rolling back the volume and even cutting the gain a little for modern rock or add reverb and delay for solos and it’s good there too. :thumbup:

Just learned a few things from you while coming in here to respond.

Thanks!:thumbup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ian is my all time favorite guitar player so my list is long but these are a few guitar driven songs with a couple different levels of drive and gain. I know at least live he runs a Stephenson with the Diezel to make it sound huge but in studio VH4 is the go-to.