Posts by Myzenismusic

This is more of a discussion than advice if anyone wants to partake, but advice is good. Never a master always a student 8)
    I have about 8 hours on the unit (I should be learning material for tomorrow, but I'm digging into the KPA). I've built a beautiful clean rig which I like using the AC 30 through the FB Man Cab (Fender Bassman 1959 with 4 10" Jensen Alnico P10Q speakers). Sounds musical with my DBL Fat Strat.

Now I'm building a hi gain rig using the EVH 5150 iii Red Channel through Hesu 4x 12. It's a Lars Luttege rig. Sounds great. I'm working with Pure Cabinet, Hi and Low shift modes in the Cab section. Dialing what sounds like a true cabinet to my ears. Alos dialing in Shaping and Bias and Ect. looking for that response I like. That's the toughest part in the new endeavour. Searching for the response one would feel playing through an "analog" amp.

Wrote a tune while doing it too. Good stuff. :)

Hey, no worries, mate.

Yeah, I suggested tweaking the Definition and lowering Clarity, at the very least, before moving on to EQ, and that includes the Stack EQ.

Did you by any chance have the power-amp gain cranked past 40% on the AC? If so, try Profiling with it set to 30% or below. There's an issue with capturing power-amp gain accurately; it's even outlined in the manual.

I dialed back Definition and Clarity. It did the trick. Nothing else needed. Thanks man 8)

Good day Monkey Man. Harsh isn't what I hear. I'm using the Vox AC 30 and it's clean with no gain at all. I also will dial in at lower volumes and then increase the volume to listen to any frequencies changes that may be needed when at higher volumes. I really think it's the character of the beast. This issue that I'm strappling with is what I dealt with using the Helix. It sounded "toyish" to my ears. Except here with the Kemper "toyish" is not the term I'll use. The KPA is very believable and as I mentioned the KPA is the superior unit.

I think what I'll do is flatten the EQ and play with the amp settings first then EQ as needed. I watched a video after my comment and he did state to adjust EQ after one dials in the amp settings, bias and ect. Which I did not do because I found them after the fact. The clarity is dialed in high. I'll adjust it too as you suggested.

I'm playing around with the Vox AC and creating clean patches with different fx on top. I noticed last night the flanger will round out and warm up the notes when dialed in ever so slightly. I'll try both of the techniques out and see where I land. I have a feeling it'll work.

Thanks for your input.

Thinking this out loud;

This is not a reason to rid of this machine because it comes out in a minor way and I only hear it at times (more than I like). But, there's a little touch of a synthetic sound I get out the higher register. It's the main reason out of a few minor reasons I let go of the Helix. If I could dial out that synthetic thin sound and dial in some "thickness"and warmth into the higher register. I would dance silly like a drunk goose who just mistaken a vat of homemade whiskey for water. ;)

I can't tell if the machine is tracking a little slow to keep up? I dial out the presence, high EQ register and play with the amp bias, shaping and ect.. It's still there, maybe it's the powercab?

I'm sure this unit can work this kink out. I am playing on a double fat strat with a JB 4 and a 59'. These pickup's top end can be chimey or bright as hell. Still dialing out the top end isn't the issue. Don't know, Take a break and come back. Having fun on this unit for sure. ;)

Even with this one demon my ear fights with. This machine is incredible.

Anyone? Am I'm nuts and hearing something not there? LOL 8)

I'm just jumping in to the digital world of amp modeling. I tried it a few times with the Axe Ultra and thought it was good, but not brilliant. A couple years later as of recent I purchased a Helix Rack. I was impressed, but quickly lost interest in it's overall sound. I took it back and purchased a used KPA rack. I set it back to factory default and I am now ready to dive in to the world of KPA. I am impressed, however, it's obvious the learning curb is a bit steep. I've been working with rack units for a bit now (years). So, I have a bit of knowledge working around the interface. Though the KPA lay out is quite different.

If anyone wants to chime in a solid direction 1st step forward please do. Thanks in advance.

Chip