Posts by exilech

hi all,

It seems i'm missing something but can't figure out what it is. I have different rigs on 1-4 on performance mode. 1, 2 and 3 have morph set as boost. But one rig shows morph time in notes (as 1/16th etc.) and the other two rigs are set in ms (as 22ms rise an fall time) any idea why this is or how i can change everything to ms)?

Thanks a lot

I have a performance for each guitar, mainly to accommodate to their specific sound.

Usually i have clean on 1, crunch on 2, overdrive on 3, lead/solo on 4 and with the KPA now i have a multi on 5.

Then i add different stomps to each - so in slot I i usually have some booster, then a chorus in II of the clean channel etc. I usually try to keep it simple.

With the multi channel, i start with a clean amp, have one or two distortions and then added tremolo, octavers etc. depending on the set we are going to play.

I really dig the morphing for boost someone suggested, since this is something i use everywhere and would give me an extra slot more. So thanks for that :)

I don’t follow your reasoning. FX can be completely switched off

the thread was ongoing so i dont care about the age. And i think its annoying if you try out different amps and you have to switch off effects all the time. I has bever been a seeting off fx i used.

I bought some great ac30 profiles today, the ac30 pack from mbritt, and they sound awesome.

I play through a regular cab on stage so the difference can be huge from what i hear. Gotta try them out with foh.

For my cabs (2x12 Marshall and 4x12 Marhshall) and my Guitar (Fraylin & Pearly gates) the AC 30 Free from Deadlight Studio was my go to choice as AC30 Profile for now. I have to check out the commercial profiles as well.

I have the powered rack version and i'm turning cab on/off in the stack section but also have cab off in the outputmenu.

The original rig comes with a cab - so from my understanding, this rig is sent in full to main out, but the cab part is turned of for monitor, if cab sim monitor off is checked. - with that setting, i can toggle the cab button in the stack section and have (sometimes) a very big difference in sounds from the monitor.

I have the powered rack version, i connected the cab with the speaker out and have cab sim off at monitor path. Its not a big concern, it is a missing piece in understanding the signal chain of the kemper.

Some amps sound better with the cab on in the stack section and some better when the cab is off.

One question remains open: what do you hear at FOH when i deactivate the cab in the stack section? just the amp no cab?

Thanks

have you tried guidorist? I do like some of his profiles better than the ones from mbritt because they are (usually) just the amp and maybe a (nescessary) noise gate but no reverb etc. I will always use these on my own terms, first i need a good sounding amp profile.

I didn't buy a commercial yet but a few very good profiles are alread in the kpa from stock i think.

What is expected to update? I'd rather wait on updates than get some shitty thing going like windows 10 updates where behaviour or sound might change.

Usually when you have a product in refinement, updating is a very hard and long process to absolutely make sure you don't break something.

thanks, i didnt expect mute but the cabinet button colors the sound. Is there something in the rig manager i can do to search for amps without cab? I know my cab will color the sound. But still, a 4x12 just sounds amazing :)

P.s. by cabinet button i mean the stack cabinet button in the middle. That is coloring my sound. But i dont understand why?

hi all

I'm chris, playing guitar since i was 7 (now 37) and i love the kemper since the first time i turned it on. I'm i digital amps for a while now (use a line6 pid hd pro with a marshall valvestate) mainly because in live situations i need something more reliable than an amp (which i had many, like a jcm800, h&k switchblade etc.) And more versatile (instead of a ton of single pedals) i do look forward to master this piece of tech.

Thanks for your help if i need some i axvance.

Best

Chris

hi all

I plugged in my kpa, connected to a 4x12 marshall cab. It sounded great. What i don't know: when cab sim is off in the output menu, why do i hear a difference in the sound when i switch the cabinet button on and off? I thought it was supposed to bypass monitor out? But then again, output is the only tutorial i cant find and the manual is not very clear to me. Thanks for your help