Posts by Stayn Karhien

Hi everybody!

I hope you're all going well!

Past day, I just got a pack for Kemper from David Maxim micic ( beautiful artist in my opinion ) and it goes with rigs and IRs.

For the rigs, everything is fine and i'm okay with them, but with the IRs I've a little issue that I don't know how to deal with. Let me explain.

There is a file called IR with WAV. files in it, nothing wrong i think here, I donwload the cab maker and I put them into it and then this comes:

" 1 file(s) cannot be imported.

44.1kHz sampling rate with either 16 or 24 bots are required. Up to two channels are supported."

The files seems to be 48kHz, because the IRs are in file called " 48 kHz". Yeah thx my logic.

So, there is the question now you know everything.

Is there a way to go in cab maker with 48kHz files, or do I have to change the impulses ? Changing the IRs into 44.1kHz feels weird, and I don't know how to do that. If the pack of impulses is made this way, I think there is a reason and way to make it work. So I think that's just me being bad with my kemper.

So guys, if you have the answer to make thoses impulses work, thank you!

All my love, Stayn.

Hi everybody,

First of all, happy new year and I wish you the best for 2019!

Now, this is my question! I got the Kemper one or two weeks ago and I'm trying to work on the beast with the best I can do. I got the Kemper to play in a symphonic Band. Kemper has the best solution ( to me ) to set up a live. But sometimes, I found my sound not as organic as I want it to be. It's probably me, it's probably how I set up the thing so there are my questions.

- Do you know somewhere, organic and " heavy a.f." (:love: ) profiles ? ( I've heard Nick K mark IV that I find nice, I'll probably but this one to see how he builds up things )

- In the following examples, do you think the sound is okay or not organic and shitty ? This is the Engl Extra 19 profile. ( You can download, it's safe ^^ )

And this is the band I play in, to get an idea of the sound I had before Kemper. I used a Laney IronHeart right in a torpedo. I don't know if that helps, because it's mixed and etc... BUt maybe that will help in the global sound I need. I don't search for " magic solution" because I know I have to build my sound on Kemper. But maybe you know profiles that are more organic and maybe the set ups made in this profile would help me to set up mine.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Brothers and Sisters, best regards! ^^

Sorry, my brain messed up with the harmoniser. I was stuck on the scale degrees for no reason when the harmoniser is playing ( and harmonising ) along the note you play. My bad. This is stupid, but my brain thought like the harmoniser would play the scale degree I choosed ( I'm stupid for that ), but it will move along my play. Wich is totally normal.

First time I use one and just notice that it will harmonise the note itself, So we don't care except if we're playing another kind of minor, like phrygian etc...And then we'll have to chose something else than the minor relative.

Thx for the help, my mind is clear now!

Hi Calaban!

Thank your for the answer. This is, indeed, for the harmoniser.

I'm fine with minor and major relatives. This is the solution i'm using right now because i can't select the minor.

This will work for sure, but my brain has to think about what is the third or the fifth etc... You know it, but I'll explain for those who don't.

In C major the fifth is G, in the minor relative wich is A the fifth is E. And this changes the simplicty of how I could use the harmoniser, the fifth is not the same if you're playing Major or Minor. I agreed, this is a small inconvenience, but still I think this is a bug that should be fixed. That will probably simplify the harmoniser for those know how to use it anyway and this will help those that can't use it in it's actual way.

(Sorry for my poor english, i'm not an English native.)

Hi everybody!

FIrst, I'm new to the Kemper, but it has very cool features and this stuff looks AWESOME!:love:

But, because there is a but. I can't find "Minor" scales. Let me explain myself. When I go to the " Edit Performance", I can Change Tempo and Key. I can also see " Major", but when I turn the button under major it goes to Blanck. I can only chose between Major and Blank. ( Wich is nothing I guess)

I tried to go on the rig manager, there it is. I see minor sclaes. Alright, I change to minor and then...By magic IT goes again to major. Is it some kind of bug or am I missing something ?=O

Thanks everybody for the future following answers.:)

Ps: I failed on the section to post, I'm sorry for that.