Posts by jmuylle

I'm still waiting for a Rig Manager version that DOESN'T cause my Kemper to crash. I avoid pressing any buttons on the Kemper with RM open, and yet, with the latest version, I just pressed arrow down on my keyboard because the "Syncing performances" wouldn't go away. The thing crashed again. Seriously, if all we're ever gonna get are beta versions...

Hi all

I'm a Belgian singer/guitarist who will perform with his band in Seattle, WA, on August 15, 2020. But as getting into the USA with a guitar and Kemper would raise a lot of questions and would require a special visum (since then you're no longer a tourist then) I was wondering if I would be able to rent a Kemper in the Seattle area? I would bring my laptop with Rig Manager and with all my performances on it. And maybe a backup of my Kemper on usb stick... Renting a Fender Telecaster, which I can use for virtually all my songs, seems no problem at all in a music city like Seattle. Sound system is all taken care of. Does this seem like a solid plan? And do you know where I could rent a Profiler?

Thanks in advance!:)

Oh, and another thing. The Mac version seems LOTS more stable than the WIndows version. In the Windows version I had a few performances deleted just by right-clicking on them. Vanished! Or profiles get overwritten by other profiles within performances just by navigating through them. Grrr.... So save and export often, because you never know what that software is gonna do...

Just a warning: I started up Rig Manager with my Kemper connected and was asked to update during the Rig Manager startup. A warning came that Rig Manager was still performing a task (i.e. syncing with the Kemper profiler). So I waited until that was done and then pressed OK. But then everything went haywire, and it took me some time to reinstall the new version and get it to work. So I guess updating en keeping the profiler connected don't go together; But then again, a warning would be useful. X/