Posts by mick335

Just got a midi commander. Is there a way to make the banks go up past bank 24? I have 60+ songs programmed in via Performance mode and it just seems to go back to bank 1 after 24. Grrrrr that's not cool.

Hi Mike. Did you ever find a solution / fix to this performance limit?

Thanks!

Hi. Yes, I did, but I'm not sure I can help much. I did return the remote (thankfully, under warranty) and Kemper USA confirmed that there was indeed a fault. They returned the original remote, and all was (is) good.

HOWEVER, I would make sure that you use a PoE. I've actually had a problem with shorter (2 to 3 metres) cables, that was fixed by connecting a power over ethernet injector. Kemper does recommend the TP Link 105, and I concur. I actually have two now (one Kemper for live work, and one for practice). Both work great.

I think it is a good ~$20 investment.

I hope this helps.

This happened to me this week. I have tried another remote, and same problem. I've also tried cables from 1.5ft, right up to the supplied Kemper cable. Again, same issue.

Interestingly, yesterday (after a break of 12 hours or so) it started working again... .then shut down after around 15 minutes. A few hours later, it lasted for well over an hour (before flickering, and shutting down). A few hours after that, it was running for 3 hours before I shut it down... and no issues then.

HOWEVER, When I use a PoE injector, it works fine. So, maybe that is the solution?

Kemper suggested that if you don't use a Kemper 'approved' PoE, then it could be that the PoE affected the 48v supply, but obviously (presumably) as I have since had it running fine for over an hour, I doubt that is the case. And in any case, I AM using a TPLink 105, which they recommend

They also suggested that the ethernet connector (on the KPA) might have been damaged, but there is no visible evidence of that.

So - based on this (and the fact that I lost my remote due to a faulty remote, during a gig (hence why I now have two!!)) I am very nervous of using the Kemper live. So, I have a question - can anyone recommend a MIDI controller that will allow me to quickly change rigs within Performance mode (so 5 footswitches), and performances (up / down) combined?

Thanks!

Where'stheDug! Thank you again, for your help, insight and support! If I still lived in Glasgow (Houston, the village.... rather than Houston, the Texas metropolis I have since moved to!) I'd buy you lots of beer as a thanks!

(I'd probably also try to talk you into coming over and help me set everything up, cos I still get confused!! :))

Hi folks. I've been reminiscing one of my all-time favorite guitarists - Alan Murphy (Level 42; Go West; Mike & The Mechanics, etc). I just WISH I could emulate that solo tone that he used to get.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to profile a similar tone? ('Wheresthedug'... I see you are a fan, too!!)

I'd be happy to pay! (a little!) :)

Thanks, Mick.

Perfect.... and no more 'horrible'.

EDIT! I just worked it out. I had Monitor Out set to MOD Mono. Sorry! FIXED!

BUT... a new issue. I've just noticed that although I imported all the rigs and performances from my other kemper, neither of the delay or reverb patches work under the Effects module (though they work fine if selected in the Stomp section.

I've adjusted the feedback / mix under delay ,and time / mix under reverb, but I do not have any effects whatsoever.

Any thoughts on that? Is there a global delay and reverb 'off' setting?

Strange. -25db brings me to slightly over 90db.

My standard setting is -27.5 and that's around 86db.

I just checked mine with the master volume at around -25dB. I'm assuming you measure the volume at 1 metre? Mine is around 87dB at 1m, so sounds like I am thereabouts and should just tell my wife to get used to it! :)

Also: Cab stays on if you mean the actual button next to Amplifier and EQ.

But you can turn “monitor cab off” in the output section if you want to use the speaker imprints. Don’t forget to turn on the Kemper Kone too.

Thanks Kaschko. This is where I get confused. I have the Kone selected (on; LED is lit). I also have the Monitor Cab Off selected (so again, LED is lit). As an example, I have selected the Celestion Greenback.

Now, if I turn the Cabinet (above the STACK section... next to Amplifier and EQ) button OFF - I get an incredibly bright (to be honest, too bright) sound.

I presume what I have done (turning that Cabinet button OFF) is correct as it engages the speaker imprints? If that is the case, do I need to adjust the EQ section to compensate for that 'over-brightness'?

(with me so far?! :))

Thanks again!

Thanks ST! I have done that already, but appreciate the guidance! I did find the Rig Volume setting, as suggested by Where's The Dug. I notice that I'd set my original unpowered Toaster (that I still have. . . .for now!) at -1.5dB. The Rack is set at +6dB, so yes - setting the Rack to the same as the Toaster is a good starting point!

Hi folks. Firstly, I have been using a non-powered Toaster and a Mission cabinet (amp) for 2 years now. Love it... but decided to get a powered rack (cheap!) and a Kabinet too.

It might sound like a stupid question, but as I cannot find any recommendations anywhere, how do I set them up? I have the powered section going out to the Kabinet, but honestly - even with no gain. I find I am turning the master volume down to almost -50dB. Does that make sense? Is there another limiter control somewhere, so I can use the master at a more reasonable setting (if I touch its, it effectively goes to 'off' (infinity symbol).

Also - should I be using all my patches with the Profiler Cabinet OFF? If so, then how do I check out / save any of the Kabinet profiles that the Kabinet supports?

There is NO manual with the Kabinet... whatsoever, so apologies, but I am flying blind here!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Mick.