Posts by austmann

I find it odd that they did not implement Midi over usb:?:
    i have apollox8 and apollo twin mkii and none of them have midi ports
    so id love midi over usb if that can be implemented in an update:!:

has anybody had any success with "midi to usb" cables:?:

As a touring musician i prefer renting an Orange rig from a backline service and load in and out myself my own gear.
    i have had Kemper for bit of time at "home" but i prefer the sound and feel of tubes and mic's and preamps.
    i also prefer to have all the rigs located behind the stage,were all using in-ear monitoring
    so i prefer less gear and visible tech on stage but the other two guitar players want the rigs on stage for the look and feel.
    i find it annoying but it aint ruining my mood or anything,it is how it is and i understand their preferences.

I have not had a "broken DAW cos of windows updates" in almost 2 years,
    i turn off all feature updates and only have the important microsoft and security updates.
    on top of that i turn off everything that has not to to with audio and i use recommended Windows10 DAW optimization .
    the one from avid is good and ill leave the link bellow.
    i also turn of every " C states" in Bios.
    and lastly, i like using the tool from O&O called ShutUp10,
    i am lazy and would rather spend time as a musician than an IT personnel digging into registry and firewalls and watnot to stabilize my DAW.
    so this tool comes in handy for that. ill leave the link bellow.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
    https://avid.secure.force.com/…shooting/Windows-10-Guide

also worth mentioning:
    for win 7 lovers
    there exists "Win 10 Enterprise LTSC"
    it updates ONCE every 2-3 years and has no apps
    no toys or bloatware or any feature updates leaking from the bathroom of MS
    its f***n stable
    just bare beautiful empty windows.

i paid allot for an open licence
    about 260 bucks .

"It’s mostly 6 guys going back and forth about why it’s not needed, and why it is."

i really enjoy this thread.

if somebody needs something then these needs are i guess needed?

i also think the editor is really needed judging by the size and the demand here on this thread and elsewhere.

before i used kemper "in my studio" i was using amplitube and gtr and guitar rig.

apart from these apps draining my resources i was very frustrated in tweaking a guitar sound on my mouse. it just felt very unmusical so from that experience i believe that i personally wont gain anything from an editor,but i could also be completly wrong? maybe there will be features i am not foreseeing right now so i feel a bit excited to see what happens .

i am quite neutral about the editor to be honest and i moved away from everything like amplitube and gtr cos i had to do tweaks with the mouse and also more importantly it was eating cpu resources all this feels utterly unmusical and then i found the kemper and i can do all these things without using the mouse and i am happy ever after but this thread is very entertaining and was getting anxious why nobody had posted anything in 15 hours.

Hello everyone
    I have an UAD Apollo Twin mk2 audio interface
    im using a converter between the kemper spdif and the Twin optical
    but the twin wont recognize the connection.
    so Ive been wondering if i can record and reamp
    using my Darkglass X7 pedal through the loop in Kemper all in analog?

thanks! :)

im a brand new user
    just got my kemper a month ago
    i usually write atmospheric and overdriven melodic stuff "motorhead playing pink floyd songs" sort of.
    now im working on a piece that has some black metal feel to it on the guitars
    i can not get the guitar to sound decently with distortion,
    im geting this high frequency digital white noiselike as a distortion.
    then ive thought i might just be using the wrong guitar for these high gain profiles
    i have borrowed a gibson lespaul special with p90s pickups that are good for rock n roll and pop music.
    maybe it was the latest update but im just a beginer on kemper so im not qualified for any judgement on that.
    ive bought few STL packs and none of them are usable.
    ive gone through many videos on "how to use kemper"
    ive tweaked the clean sens and distortion sens and pure cab
    i just cant seem to get a decent high gain distortion tone out of the kemper.

ive got both and i really dont use trilian as a bassguitar i however use the synths in trilian.

and playing your own bass is always better than using sampled bass.

ive been in your shoes

i wasnt sure

it was expensive and ive heard also the axefx were doing awesome but i realy needed something that would last me the next 15 years plus that can give me the same power or close to what a real amb and cabinet would sound like.

i was tired of using my computer cpu rsources on amplitube and these guitar vst's

i researched kemper axe fx and helix

i was set out to get the axe fx but i didnt cos they are not upgrading the hardware on the kemper so the unit is evolving internally over time and it is just a beautiful piece of hardware and i can perform all my ideas with a breeze and has tons of tweakable fx and just everything.

i dont regret investing in it.

plus were getting an editor

and a kemper FrFr speaker cabs this summer

get the kemper!

hello
    new user of kemper power head
    i am mainly a bassist but also play guitar and loads of other stuff
    bought kemper mainly for my home studio to avoid CPU overload
    also if my bass amp breaks ill be able to compensate at rehearsals with the kemper.