Posts by jbird5150

That's also an option...might just go ahead and throw in a pair Yamaha HS5s into the mix so I can go either way with it, depending on whatever sounds better. Either way those monitors will be a huge upgrade over my current computer speaker setup.

I'll add another option for you if your Kemper is powered.

Make a speaker cable with a normal guitar plug on one end and a female version on the other. Then leave your DSL40C powered off and plug its speaker into the cable and turn the Cab off. This turns it into a 1x12 guitar cab.

I do something like this currently with a Marshall Code. Run out of the 3.5 mm headphone jack to an adapter, then into the Effects Loop Return on the back of the DSL40C. Still need to shut off the cab emulation on the Code but it works a heckuva lot better than that crappy little 10" Code speaker. I'm probably going to keep all this for when I want to go "old school" and give the Kemper a break. However, from the sound of some of the profiles I'm hearing, that may not happen very often. ;)

Thanks MM--really looking hard at those Yamahas. Everyone speaks so highly of them.

So if I went the monitor route, do I need some sort of interface to make everything work with the laptop, Kemper, etc? Or is it just plug and play basically?

Thanks everyone--as far as the studio monitors go, I do have a smaller space (12 x 14). Local Craigslister has some KRK Rokit 5s for sale. I'd love to have something where my music sounds better (and gets louder) and my guitar sounds great through them as well. Good choice for what I need, you think?

Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller. With my awesome wife's surprise holiday gift, I'm finally getting off the modeler merry go round and buying my first Kemper. Very excited, but I had a couple of questions...

I'm a bedroom player. No gigging, just noodling around and playing along with all the stuff I grew up with in the late 70's/early 80's on Spotify or Pandora. So I'd love to tone match these tunes as much as possible (Boston/VH/Journey/Foreigner/Hair Bands/etc etc etc). Here's what I could use with my Kemper:

--DSL40C through the effects loop and cab emulation off

--Kustom PA50 FRFR monitor

Anyone have experience with these and a Kemper? I also had a crazy idea of buying studio monitors to replace my computer speakers and just playing through those while mixing with the music. Is this even possible? And if it is, does anyone else work it this way? Also willing to get something else entirely if none of these would fly for what I need.

Appreciate your input--thanks!