Posts by Sheepfan

Also, darker when it comes to just my sound. I'm not in a band. I've been trying to find band members for the last 10 years and have never been in one haha. I also live in LA, but thats a whole other topic.

Jesus, the voice texter on my phone is utter garbage. Sorry just read what I previous "wrote". Anyway, I hear what you're saying with the layering and tracking. I guess maybe what I'm trying to say is that my distortion sound has never really inspired me. I used to have this Eganter Vengeance amp that was an absolute beef kitten but it blew up :( ever since then, I've struggled with my sound. Maybe I'm just going crazy and complaining now, idk. But thanks for all the suggestions guys ?

And I think I feel that way because every time I use distortion I am unexpired. it's the strangest thing but I have this old DigiTech RP500 pedal And I dialed in this certain clean sound to it, every time I touch a cord I would write something new. I have SD cards with thousands of riffs on them because of that sound. However I've never had that with distortion. It just always sounds too happy to me. So basically I guess my distortion sound doesn't inspire me when I play is maybe what I'm trying to say

All great stuff, the first thing I discovered with the camper was the definition primitive. It blows my mind how some people have theirs preset at 10, so yes that has been adjusted. I guess I don't really know how to clarify exactly what I am looking to change. I just want my guitar to sound darker and beefier.

Action is actually higher than what's considered normal cause I pick hard. (Have had it professionally set up) and I dont have any recording fear sadly :( everything just sounds happy. When I play and E note compared to stuff on records that are the same tuning it just sounds kind of lame and Honky. Idk how else to describe it. I could also be crazy.

they sound scratchy

And I know that guitar tones on albums are usually far different than what you hear while playing yourself, but how do I get a darker Fuller sound? EQ just doesn't seem to be doing it. That's why I thought maybe a pickup change would be good.

Should have clarified, the kemper stock clean sounds and the light distortion ( dirty blues) all sound pretty great, but none of the high gain sounded good. Yes I attempted to make my own to no avail.

Hey guys, so I've been using the Kemper for about 6 months now and the only thing I really have an issue with is that all the rigs seem to sound kind of sterile. I am using the sinmix free pack right now, and while it does sound far better than what came stock (sorry Kemper) I still feel like I can't EQ it enough to get it to sound powerful and not scratchy. Is the paid sinmix pack that much better ? I also have noticed a sort of wine noise whenever I play anything, almost as if my guitar is tuned a little sharp. But it's in 440 and tuning is spot on. Perhaps a pickup change is in order? I'm using a SD JB in the bridge and an alnico 2 in the neck. My guitar just doesn't sound as dark as Guitars on any records really, it almost sounds kind of happy. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Tldr.

Anyone have any experience with the sinmix pack that cost money? Anything better out there?

New pickup suggestions? (Gibson explorer)

:)

Hey hey guys, so I just noticed that my power amp booster setting is set to 6 DB, I never saw that before until just now, reading the manual I'm not really sure what to set it at, considering that it was already set to 6 and this is the first time I'm seeing it should I just leave it at 6? Or should I turn it off?:(

Side note/ question. Does anyone know what amp was used to record sad but true? I know Marshall jcm800 and mesa mark iv were all over the album. But that song in particular doesn't sound like either one to me. Am I way off?

Never heard of the phat cats, I'll have to look Into those. And dear God, I was almost going to comment about fishman fluence pickups. Every video I've heard online they sound flat and thin. Am I crazy? . Granted I've never heard them in person but in every video they're junk. everyone I see online rides their dick now and I just don't understand it .