Posts by keem85

Yep. I sent them a ticket with details.. Tested for an hour now with deleted performance patches. Haven't had a crash yet.. So might be corrupt performance patches that caused it initially. Maybe I was just saving way too often. I had a habit of clicking store x3 times every time I did a tiny little change. It was the exact same patch that crashed both firmware.. I have my suspicion, but I'll hold on for support first.

Guys, I am beginning to suspect it's because I have two delays, one reverb, a stomp compressor at the same time. It crashes on the same patch, a patch I made for Sailing To Philadelphia, trying to replicate a pad-sound in the background, along with reverb freeze function.. I read in another forum post with another user on the very very same issue, and apparently it's a DSP overload... Which leads me to the next question: Why is such an expensive unit not capable of running several effects in a row? Is not that the whole point of the Kemper product line?

Here's the other forum post I found: Profiler crashes

Beware, it's a sour tone in that linked thread, but it's very informative none the less.

I bought it new directly from kemper store. I've had this bug since I got the unit, but it happened much yesterday and today than it had ever done before. And I made this forum post as soon as it started these annoying sounds.. And I thought to myself that I can never use a Kemper live. It's really my typical luck.. I've already reached out to support, I bet Peter from support will answer me tomorrow..

Ok I really need to understand what's happening. I downgraded now, worked fine for 15 minutes, and now input froze.. No input signal.. Again I have to turn kemper on and off.. My old patches was there still, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was switching between delays, when it said poff and input stopped working again.... Anyone else?

I found a guide now. Gonna downgrade.. But to be clear, this concerns me deeply.. Imagine if this would happen in a concert.. everyone would be deaf within seconds.. It makes me really doubt this product. Throw errors and freeze at me all you want, but keep those high pitched sound out of it!!

UPDATE: Seems the shared power outlet was the problem. I'm still in the process of troubleshooting, but it has been stable for five days now. Solution on page 5.

My Kemper has crashed a few times since I got it. It updated to the latest public beta (also on stable) by itself the first time I connected it.. And when I used the looper, and I was about to record, the whole kemper froze. I had to take the power out of my Kemper.. And now when I was switching profiles, my monitors started screaming so loud I almost died and lose my hearing "DSP Error" it said. What is happening here?

EDIT: some facts
    -Issue happened on both beta and stable. On stable it just stopped output sound, but on beta it was this loud sound killing my whole neighborhood.

-Freezes only happened during Performance mode when switching between two of the patches, and also one time when applying looper.

-Crashes happened when switching patches on the Remote and also on the KPA alone.

-When it crashed on Stable KAOS, I was using Performance patches that was made with Beta OS.

-When I got my KPA last week, the power cable didn't work properly, unless I pushed it really hard in. Maybe a currency problem? Maybe cable got lose?

What have I done to remedy it?

-I created a support ticket, waiting for reply

-I (as said) reverted to stable OS (crashes still happened)

-I deleted all my performances and made new ones from stable OS (crashes have not happened yet)

-I tightened the power cable (crashes not happened yet)

-Reset to factory settings, wiped everything, still get DSP errors

Thanks a lot.. The support sent me a how-to video on how to unscrew it. But they warned me that if I broke any electronics I would void the warranty.. I took my chances now and unscrewed it very carefully. I am really happy I did, because there was a big screw lose in there crashing in to everything.. It was the ethernet circuit board screw.. I carefully fastened it again with a snug tightness, and now it's fixed. Didn't void my warranty

I just noticed. When I turn it around and shake it, there is a lose screw inside there. I think it's smaller than a screw, more like a washer or something.. Is it something I can fix myself? I't would be pretty much hassle for me to send it back for such a small thing, given that the post office is pretty far from my apartment and shipping costs and the annoyance of packaging it. Time consuming and all that.. I'm sure it's a quick fix, but not sure if it would void the warranty...

I'm not so sure about having the wrong technique though. Been playing for many years and I've adapted the same technique as Frank gambale, my fav guitarist of all time.. I think I get spooked by the heavy pick attack, and in turn I am not able to play as I use to, so there might be that instead, not sure though..

I'm actually careful taking backup all the time, so I don't know why this happened.. But I have a theory.. I was messing with lock function on stomp boxes because I wanted the same delay and effects over on to the next rig.. Maybe those locked functions made it so that the save was invalid.. Idk

Ok so I've spent many hours fine tweaking one of my performances.. I saved it all the time underway... And then I was going to test my Remote. So I chose the performance with my remote, and freacking all of my stomp boxes were swapped.. I had crunch sound all of a sudden, and my carefully adjusted delays were gone and swapped with annoying duo delay (I don't even remember which delay I was tweaking and now I have to scroll through all of them again..)..

What's happening here? Why is my Profiler editing my performance patches without my permission.. Is the REMOTE PERFORMANCE and PROFILER PERFORMANCE two seperate functions?