Posts by keem85

Oh no it was meant to be funny :) Didn't know factory reset was something to be kept from the public? That's always a good thing to have available for everyone

Cool, really interesting aspects here. Thanks for sharing... On the contrary to this "issue", I've found that my new Fluid F5 monitors does not have this problem. I suspect that the element has much to do with it also, like you say; several factors like speakers, amp, pick angle, technique, compressors, definition etc etc... It seems to me that some amps are vastly different.. So, myold Peavey Classic 30 didn't have this "issue", neither does my new lovely monitors.. But the marshals I've tried and some fender amps, including my AKG FRFR headphones, they have this "issue".

I read exactly what you wrote (before you edited it to remove the parts that point to the beta). The multiple delays and freeze function are only supported by the beta. So, the patch only works on the beta. Reverting back, and trying the same patch will cause issues. they are not bacward compatible.

I did not remove anything, I updated the OP description a long with my troubleshooting. and you only read the first post and not the rest. But yes, I have not had a single issue since removing "tainted" patches. I played 6 hours straight yesterday without a freeze.

A lot of things can go wrong in a concert and not only a noise with the Kemper, Something you don't expect like... a musician that is late, a spotlight falling on your head (it happened to michael jackson after all) so if you think you are able to know in advance you're wrong!!! And the Kemper is not the only device that can make big noise on a concert I hear a lot of feedback and noise with others too. So the only thing to do is to hope for the best and be courageous , stand up and be strong

While I do agree, I can't reproduce what it sounded like, but it was houndred times louder than any feedback issue I've ever heard.. I said that it "killed my whole neighborhood" with a hint of humor, but also to explain how extremely loud it was.. And I also had my monitors set to -18db, almost OFF, and the KPA master was set to -15db.. I can not imagine how it would have been if they were set to 0db on both.

(...)

*removed by mod*

we need to know about those things. please contact support - the whole point of a public beta is to get an absolutely stable release version.

in general, crashes shouldn't happen and we're sorry for that.

Will it help if you get backup from our beta patches? I sent you mine earlier today.. I hope it helps debug it.

I am also a new kemper owner (2weeks) I’ve also had a few dsp errors with the loud sound. I cannot recreate it, but I did have it connected to my Mac and it seemed to happen only when i was messing with buttons or the remote. Maybe doing it too fast? But never when just playing I dunno. But I’m gonna use it for the first time, and for a big show on Saturday, and I am super nervous. Send all your good vibes. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Were you using the beta at that time?

Haha! Yeah you're probably right. I will gather all the information beforehand next time.. I had to update my OP with step by step afterwards. Probably would be better to do that after I got all the info from my own troubleshooting ;)

Kemper Support #1 could you send me an official guide to reset? I found something on google, but I want to be sure to do it the correct way.

Thanks Chris. Will do right away when I get home :) I'd like to point out to everyone that I wasn't assuming anything bad about the product itself, I just voiced a concern that this could happen in a live situation. Because the sound that came out of my monitors would kill all the people in the concert hall :P Even though you read me correctly when it's coming to assuming the worst, I was totally calm and trying to find a solution. I often throw ideas out instantly as I think of them, so that it could possibly be easier for everyone to help out :)

Don't mean to be rude keem85 but to install a beta version and not even be aware of it is not bad luck. It doesn't happen by itself.

I completely understand your excitement with your new and awesome piece of gear. Everyone here has been there.

But maybe you have to calm a bit, stop pushing buttons like crazy and read before you make any move.

Honestly, I am saying this to help you.

Thanks! I can understand that this might sound like an excuse, but I promise it's not. I have really bad eyesight due to chronic stuff. I recon reading that it needed update, but surely must have missed the beta checkmark. As I cannot even remember it.. I am waiting for mail from the support team and I will troubleshoot further. Hoping that it's just a beta-bug after all.

Chris Duncan And thanks for your submission. Yes you are reading me pretty good, I have that tendency. I will not go deep in to the psychological side on why I have a tendency to think like that, but I am aware of it and constantly working on it :). And thanks to all of you for giving me constructive advice and help.

Ahh that explains it! Thanks for checking that for me!

Kemper Support #1 are you the support guy I've been messaging through mail? I'll just stick to the support ticket from here on and now. I will try your advice when I get home also. Do send me instruction on how to completely wipe it, by mail :)

installing a beta version on a brand new device is a sure way to create a frustrating user experience. I would suggest that you not only reinstall the 5.5.2 release version that your PROFILER was delivered with but you also should reset all of the settings back to the factory default state in order to delete any data that was created while the unit was running a beta version. Our support team will tell you how to achieve that.

I will.. But it came with the beta software. I did not install beta on it, it was initiating the beta OS when I booted it up.

Kemper Support #1 Reading your comment I am assuming that all Kemper Profiler Heads comes with the stable OS 5.5.. Since mine initiated the beta out of the box, I am starting to wonder if you guys sent me a demo unit?

installing a beta version on a brand new device is a sure way to create a frustrating user experience. I would suggest that you not only reinstall the 5.5.2 release version that your PROFILER was delivered with but you also should reset all of the settings back to the factory default state in order to delete any data that was created while the unit was running a beta version. Our support team will tell you how to achieve that.

I will.. But it came with the beta software. I did not install beta on it, it was initiating the beta OS when I booted it up.

Side question (unrelated): I immediately noticed after downgrading to stable OS, Natural Reverb and all those other good reverb stuff were gone. I was in total love with the freeze reverb function.. Will it work if I import the "KEMPER Reverb Presets for OS 5.7" on to my stable OS?

This is why I reverted to the last full release after the latest verb beta v3 despite really giving it a shot. It hasn't happened since I reverted.

I'm happy with it the way it is anyway. The amp profiles are what I need most and the only part I can't get from my DAW or pedals.

Thanks for sharing, but my issue is also when I reverted to the latest stable OS also. That's what really concerns me..

EDIT: I read somewhere that uneven current can also cause freezes.. I remember when I got my KPA last week, I plugged in the power cable, and nothing happened.. I then had to push the power cable really hard in to my KPA, and then it booted.. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Might be DSP has maxed out, when I was creating some over the top ambient patches for fun a few months ago I ran into the KPA freezing and after a few seconds DSP error would appear on the screen, this would usually happen when activating the looper.

Did a search here and found a previous thread with similar problems, I think Burkhard stepped in and implied the DSP had most likely hit the limits.

Mind you it took some doing, parallel path, 4 delays, freeze function, reverb, e.ct.

Thank you for this info. It's very similar to what I experienced, except I had far less delays and reverbhs.. However it did crash on the looper and between switching rigs.. My aforementioned constant saving can also be a reason to the corrupt profiles, profiles I made with the beta OS, but also crashed with stable OS.. I am no expert, but I can imagine all my button pressing and experiments lead to the corruption..

So, I made a ticket, made a backup and removed all of my performance rigs, starting from scratch. So we'll see what happens..

But since this DSP error is caused by excessive patches and so on, wouldn't it be troublesome for professionals to use Kemper in a live situation? To constantly have anxiety for it to freeze up during a show?.. I see that Kemper themselves have said to another user with the same problem that he could not use reverb, delay and looper at the same time, that he had to purchase a seperate looper for that purpose. I think for such an expensive equipment, this should not be an issue.