Posts by df7c6386b731499d6fcb6257ab3e0cb646970d97

Alright this makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever but I bought a few of top jimi's packs that he has for sale (The brown eye and 68sl) and for some odd reason the non merged profiles sound amazing when I turn the cabinet off (I'm asuming these are the ones that don't have an M in the title) but the merged ones sound exactly like the stock profiles I've been messing around with (very muddy and digital sounding). Either way I'm super stoked on it. The brown eye profiles sound and respond a lot like my small box which is awesome. All in all I'm stoked that I'm finally starting to find some amazing tones out of this thing. I'm really confused as to why the non-merged profiles are sounding better than the merged ones(at least what I think are the non-merged ones) but at the end of the day I could care less. Stoked on what I've been hearing.

A merged/direct profile is one created with a DI box. So basically for a normal studio profile the Kemper has to guess where the amp ends and the cab begins when you turn off cab simulation.

A merged/direct profile is created without the cab involved. So you theoretically get exactly what the head sounds like.

How do I tell which profiles are merged/direct? Are any of the stock profiles merged/direct?

Appreciate the responses as I am still trying to get a hold on how this thing works as I have zero experience with anything remotely similar to the kemper. I guess I just need to spend a lot more time with this thing and figure out what works and what doesn't. I'm not necessarily looking for a wide variety of tones speaker wise with the kemper. I will be satisfied if I can just figure out a way to get great tones going through my cabinet. I'm going to be moving into a small apartment in San Francisco next month therefore my tube amps are going to be rendered damn near useless for any type of playing at home. I bought the kemper with the vision of it becoming an all in one solution as far as a device I can play at home as well as take out and gig with. So basically I'm just hoping that I can figure out a way to get killer tones out it and not have to worry about different set ups for home and live use.

It's obvious. Not only do Rigs "contain" different cabinets, but each is mic'd in a way unique to the Profiler - different mic's, angles, distances, preamps used etc.

So the great variation you'd normally hear when swapping out cabs in the real world is further-enhanced by the aforementioned factors.

As I said, compared with using the same cab for all amps, the difference is huge, which is why I asked if you'd auditioned "full" Rigs via the 3 means I mentioned, with the Cab block active.

I was under the impression that the draw of getting the powered version of the kemper was the ability to successfully use it with a standard guitar cab. I figured that considering I like v30's I would like various profiles running through v30's as long as the cab simulation is off. I guess in essence I failed to realize that in this instance the kemper would sound like a miced signal then being colored by v30's (as opposed to v30's being colored by a mic). I guess I just need to consider getting some type of frfr speaker in order to get the desired sound out of the kemper.

Hello forum

So I just received my kemper and am in need of some assistance in order to maximize the capabilities of this bad boy. I am currently running it into a friedman 212 loaded with vintage 30's. I realize it is not necessarily the optimal way to use the kemper however I have heard some impressive results on youtube with users using their kemper through an amp cabinet. So far what I have heard has been somewhat uninspiring. I turned off the cabinet simulation and while that helped a lot I still feel as though the device is capable of sounding so much better based upon what I have heard through various clips. Any advice on setting adjustments that could be made? For some context I have been using the factory kemper patches that were made by top jimi and M britt. Would you suggest using some of their paid packs instead of the ones that come factory loaded? I feel as though what I am working with now doesn't sound as real and organic as I would like. I really want to fall in love with this thing as it would solve many problems so any advice would be greatly appreciated.