Posts by rchrdnaylor

Ok thanks - I set the soft button to the 12db pad but do you think it's worth lowering it more than that?

I'm using a 2x12 FRFR Matrix cab (Matrix Fr212) so hopefully I'm getting a good representation. It sounds incredible at practice and the videos of the gig sounded awesome (to me anyway ^^)

Yes you’ve just highlighted my initial problem – on stage with 20 minutes until we played frantically looking through the manual because in the section you just quoted it says nothing about the speaker output being the same as the monitor output – that information is only in the “Speaker output” section, but it would be convenient to also be in the section you quoted as I wasn’t trying to get information on the speaker output itself, I was trying to get information on the volume links and what they refer to.

Doesn’t matter now anyway, you’ve solved my issue and I thank you for it :)

Yes thanks - This was 20 minutes before the gig during line check that the sound engineer asked me to do this so I was searching for "Link" and "Master volume link" which didn't yield the correct results.

Ok thanks -so the "Monitor output" volume link is also the Speaker output? It's confusing because the speaker output is not mentioned anywhere and that's the one I want to have the master volume change.

Thanks again

Hi guys

Can anyone help with this? My setup is as follows:

Powered Kemper speaker out into a Matrix FRFR 2x12 cab

Main output XLR to desk/FOH

My issue is that last night at a gig I wanted to set it up so the main output is the same volume regardless of the master volume, which I want to use to make the speaker output louder or quieter for my stage volume without the sound guy having to adjust his desk. I thought I could do this by "Unlinking" the main outputs but all that did was set the main output react to the master volume control. Not sure how to configure this to be honest, the manual didn't really give much help and it was a stressful situation whereby I ended up with wildly different volumes for every output and even after linking them again they all went up and down from their respective positions (i.e master volume was -18db, headphone was -7db and monitor volume was -3db). I can't seem to get them back to unity volume!

I guess my question is 2-fold:

1. How do I configure it so the main XLR output to the desk is stationary and doesn't react to the master volume, but the speaker output is controlled by the master volume?

2. How do I get all of my volumes back to parity with each other so I can do step 1 from a flat starting point?

Thanks

Oh, yes because CK didn't think that maybe Kemper users with a powered Kemper of 600watts might want to connect their Kemper Amps to their Kemper Cabinet. For sure it will not handle those 600 watts...

It has been very difficult to find a passive cabinet that will handle this much power - most of them fall well below 600W so it would be a nice change from the norm to have a single 12 inch speaker like this handle all that power without having to worry about it blowing. I know it will probably never get to that stage with normal use but it's just nice to know the speaker isn't going to blow if the volume is accidentally cranked.

Hi!

With the Powercab I found that it just wasn't loud enough - I tried all sorts of things but in the end I was running everything maxed out all the time (using the regular Powercab, not the Plus version and a Helix, not a Kemper) - I was also getting some nasty clipping sounds that were ruining my experience. This is with a moderately loud rock covers band in rehearsal and at a pub gig I played with it. However, I imagine it would do ok as a stage monitor if you have a decent PA to route the Kemper through.

This was with the Helix though, which I also sold to get the Kemper and Matrix FR212 cab and now I couldn't be happier!

Your results might vary though, depending on the type of music you play and how hard your drummer plays. The built in speaker emulation was VERY good and did certainly feel like I was playing out of a 1x12 cab rather than FRFR. In the same vein, however, it always felt like a 1x12 cab. Small and boxy. Not sure if that's what you want though! The FRFR mode on it was also quite good but I never used it much.

Thanks guys! I ended up buying 3 packs - The Colonial, Heavy and D-Wood ones (after being so impressed with the ones that came with the Kemper!)

That Colonial pack is AMAZING. I can get the greasiest, raunchiest tone ever from that. I always wanted to get the tone from the Clutch album "Robot Hive/Exodus" and this thing NAILS it!

Honestly couldn't be happier with this device.

Got a Matrix FR212 on the way too (currently using it through some Rokit 5 monitors)

I think the next pack will be some clean/lower gain stuff but I just can't decide between the packs he has available...

Hi! I got my Kemper the other day and it is incredible. I was just wondering how you get the free sample pack from Michael Britt's website when you subscribe to the newsletter? I purchased the Heavy and Colonial packs but I would like the 20 sample rigs that apparently you can get?

I subscribed but there was no way to download anything after that?

Thanks guys!