Posts by pippopluto

I see that I can update RM and still use KAOS 8.7.20.

Would there be any benefit in doing so? Would the new RM be uselessly heavy or slow, so that it's worth updating only when one starts using KAOS 9?
    ATM I have no use for controlling profilation from my computer, using USB or having a different view of the Rig Packs.

Thanks anyone for sharing their experience

You can but you still have the issue ofma volume pedal using a log pot when you really want a linear pot for an expression pedal. I learned tthis the hard way; by making up a Y lead and using my Boss EV5. The results were sub-optimal to say the least.

Tried that. With an audio taper pot, it functions closer to an on/off switch than a variable expression.

As I think Wheresthedug posted elsewhere recently.....you start to move the pedal and "nothing....nothing...nothing....TOO MUCH!!"

How had calibration gone? I mean, what did you guys see.

Also, I found this on the Wikpa:

If there’s a Volume pot on the pedal, it is critical. It should be set to maximum range of the pedal. If you turn the pot to the wrong end you might have limited its electrical range very much, have then calibrated the Profiler according to that very limited range, which nearly leaves no resolution between min and max.

These pots in pedals should always be set to maximum range first. Then the pedal should be calibrated in the Profiler System Settings. If then a limitation of the range is required, the parameter Pedal Range could be used in the Rig Settings. This could even be set differently by Rig.

so let's just say that if i need 2 eq's with one of them having a low cut and high cut and the other one beeing flat on those regions, does it cancels one another?

You have to reason in terms of algebraic sum: 0 dB (flat) + -6 dB = -6 dB
    HTH

So..just revisiting this not so old thread...why does adding a lpf on the digital mixer on top of the kemper eq with the same lpf parameters modifies the sound?

They sum to each other, as Mako explains.

The question is, mutatis mutandis, the same as asking why we'd ever need a linear cabinet to reproduce a sound that cuts say at 6 kHz: if you used a cab that cuts at 6 kHz itself you'd have a double cut (or triple, depending on the filter's slope).

as a fellow fuzz freak I actually prefer the modular approach:

This unlocks a lot of additional fuzz colors and I wouldn't want to sacrifice those.

I believe it'd rather be a matter of choosing which method most suits specific needs.
    As Bommel was pointing out (the obvious?), the Kemper has a limited number of slots for effects, and your approach would quickly saturate (LOL) the Stomps section. Enriching the on-board controls for the fuzzes would free up an invaluable 75% of the Stomps room.
    Each approach has got its pros and cons :)

How will the acoustic sound through the Kabinet? Comparable to a full range monitor? Better? More limited in the frequencies?

In its linearised mode Kabinet works like any broad range linear speaker. Of course it's got no tweeter so it can't be fully linear as a good 2-way studio monitor. It should sound like an active 1-way linear cab, such as the RS-LG12 by Red Sound or comparable hw :)

How would you do that? The UCX' USB serves for connecting the computer, there are none left.
    You can connect the Profiler to any of the other digital or analog ports of the RME, and of course use the interface's ASIO drivers.

Haven't you opened a same thread in the other section of the board?
    There,someone has posted a video that shows what to use for the simulation: compressor, EQ, fuzz and volume swell.
    Of course touch matters a lot, tone is also generated by the player and Dweezil is a good musician.
    :)

Another way to change the Amplifier module in a rig would be to select it and then browse for a different one, either from rigs or from presets (in case you have a few amps you use more often).

This can be done from RM or from the unit itself.

HTH

AFAIK in windows you can't have 2 different audio devices reproducing audio at the same time.

Well, actually you can't have two devices with an ASIO driver work together.

today i tried profiling a open grainy sound akin to a open matchless sound with headphones an again for the life of me was that fricken lower note saturation .

I couldn't watch your video, but might what you're describing depend on the following?

Q: The A/B comparison within the KPA is not comparing the real thing with the profiled amp. The sound of the real amp is modified by the KPA’s buffering and again altered when passing the A/D section in order to route to the monitors. Comparisons should be made between the amp and the KPA in Browse mode?

A: [[ckemper]] Going from Profile to Browse mode the sound changes. The actual change is just a pure level change tho. When you profile a slightly crunched amp, it will have a volume compensation for the lower gain. But the volume compensation is counterproductive during the profiling process, thus switched off. When you return to the Browse mode, the volume compensation is activated, then increasing the volume of the sound a bit. The sound is not colored by this whatsoever.

Performance Mode and Slot activated are not sufficient. Selecting in Rig Manager is also not sufficient. As mentioned before, the Slot needs to be "loaded", which means:

- the destination Performance gets displayed on the front panel of the hardware

- the destination Performance is marked with a headphones icon in the Rig Manager list

Thanks Burkhard, I'll be sure to check what you mentioned
    :)

There are occasions where I found even the <shift> option doesn't really allow for "micro" tweaks, it just increases resolution.

It would definitely make sense to have the option to open a small editing field on the virtual knob were to write numbers - for example with a double click.