Posts by pippopluto

I've experienced the same behaviour, where I could not paste a rig in a performance's slot (I was in Performance mode, the slot was activated etc). The workaround that worked for me was to close RM and restart it.
    I am pretty sure it's a glitch/bug in the app, but couldn't fin a way to consistently reproduce the issue till now.

Lunchbox, last Release and RM version, W10.

You are in touch with Support, so definitely follow their advice(s).

It sounds like an artefact to me. If support were not investigating the issue, I'd try a System reset and then (if that did not help) a Rig reset to ensure that no rig is damaged.

In terms of testing, I'd exclude all the sections of the rig and activate them one by one, in order to isolate the perspective source of the issue.

HTH :)

I owned one several years ago. Played with many profiles, but never edited any of them. Just got a new one and was prepared to dig in. But the manual’s aren’t very clear on what to press/turn to do things. And what had to be done on the profiler versus in Rig Mgr? I need a Kemper for Dummies manual/book. I didn’t see a single book on Amazon.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the Main manual (that only exists in .pdf format on Kemper's site) or the printed Basic manual that comes with the unit?
    For some reason, many users don't seem aware that Basic... basically shows the UI and I/O only, while the KAOS' functions are described in the Main.

Also, note that when you install RM, a copy of the specific manual is loaded onto one folder of your computer (on W10 it would be c:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Kemper Amps\Documentation\Rig Manager).

HTH

I don't think that your issues are related to this Rig Manager release. If the installer (which is an MS product) cannot install the required files, Rig Manager cannot work as expected. Also, an icon doesn't just vanish (especially when the app is not even launched). You might want to look into your Windows installation.

I agree that was a sort of incident, I fixed it Windows-side with a trick or two.

I continue to not be able to see the arrow and buttons (within RM) I mentioned in my original comment tho.

This is what I see (1920x1080) on my screen. Video Card is a simple

AMD Radeon HD 5450 I've been using since years.

I changed nothing in my setup, video settings, resolution and the like: just installed 3.3.40 R (and later on .43 R) like I've always done.

Any help (or the installer for a previous R version of RM) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pippopluto

Try to launch Rig Manager while holding the SHIFT key. Then agree to restore defaults. Does that help?

Hey G String, thanks for getting back at me.

To complete my report about 3.3.40 R, here follows what happened... it's somehow interesting.

As soon as installed the new version, I had kept RM open for a number of days, sometimes with the KPA on, sometimes not.

When I finished with my project I closed the app. When returning to my PC some time later, I realised that the RM icon on the toolbar had turned into a white rectangle. After rebooting the computer the icon was totally gone.

I had to search RM from the Start menu, launched it and as soon as 3.3.40 started I was prompted to install 3.3.43.

This happened before I tried the [Shift] start.

Then I tried it. The KPA was connected and running.

The issue I originally reported and to which you responded was not solved with V .43.

OTOH, the sign "Looking for Profilers" appeared... and RM could not see/find the Profiler.

While I was filling in my personal data again, RM shut. I tried and relaunch it from the toolbar, but the icon had become irresponsive and W10 asked me to delete it. I confirmed the deletion, and searched the Start menu again for re-launching RM. W10 started to install it again instead (can't say which version).

In a few second a warning message appeared: «The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps. [...] Log on as administrator or contact [...]

Please note I am the Administrator.

When I abort the installation, the progress bar reverts to 0 and the installation aborts.

Now I am going to restart w10 and see what changes

--------------------------------

W10. Always and only installed Release versions.

I hope what I've been experiencing with 3.3.40 is user mistake:

1. I can't find the Arrow that closes the Editor section (with the Editor open, what remains on the screen is really too little in order to work comfortably)

2. Where have the red buttons for saving the new work on the computer/Profiler gone?

This is what I have experienced in the first 5' of use, hope there are no further hidden tricks!

p. Read the 4th post on page one of the thread. If vol pedal 2 was implemented, you’d have a free slot, never have to save levels one rig at a time while on a gig.

Oh, I do it by default, not at gigs. It takes 10", and no extra slot?
    My setting are such that once the overall output level has been set at a venue, usually every rig works (volume-wise) as is. If it doesn't, I engage the boost.
    Hope this makes sense :)

Still wont do what i would like it to do. Because i want to be able to change the level of SOME but NOT all rigs with one operation

You lost me here... I do that on a per-rig basis. when I am on a rig, pressing the same switch engages Morphing for that rig only.
    Am I missing something about your scenario?

I would prefer if the new Kemper was exactly the same size but profiles amp's at 99% accuracy with the full sweep of the amps's EQ and Gain controls. That would be EPIC! I already put a deposit down.

The issue such a technology would have to face is that tone controls on guitar amps interact: that is, each knob's intervention curve changes depending on the other knobs' positions. This makes things much more complex, and as much as it's nevertheless possible to achieve such a result, it also makes it largely impractical.

We should remember what the Profiler had originally been designed for: capturing one or more given signature tones/settings from a studio or live session in order to be able to get the same identical tone back w/o getting crazy with which amp settings, which mics placed where, which mixing levels on the console and the like.

IMO, this is the Profiler's strength, and its logistical characterization. It can't do everything. A modeller will model a given specimen of a certain amp/cab/effect, and will never be able to sound like that specific '59 Bassman with that specific cone when those specific tubes are worn at that specific stage unless that's exactly the specimen they have measured for their model. Specularly, a profile will never be able to sound like a given amp across its whole spectrum of settings.

Personally, I find these differences fascinating enough to not care about not being able to have "everything" under my hands.

For me, versatility is important only to the extent that one is able to find their own tone and feel. This can be achieved via a modeller, a profiler, a... capturer, or even a real mic'ed amp.

:)

Yep, this puzzles me as well.

I would even request the possibility to save the whole chain (Stomps + Effects) as a single preset...
    This might be made possible on the devices themselves, w/o interfering with RM's development. It would be enough to add the "save whole section " / "save all the effects" to the menu when saving a given effect preset...

Not even a big development effort, apart (perhaps) from coining a new file format for the new "double" presets.

They apparently have some technical reason why it will be required to work this way with future developments.

Interesting, I must have missed that. Do you have a link where to read more on the matter?