Posts by deadman42

Some time ago I approached the guitar player of a really great cover band which was playing at our company's summer party. He had a Kemper on stage and I asked him during a break what profiles he's using. He looked at me sooooooo puzzled and super surprised. Very nice conversation then and he admitted he never had something like that before - because audiences simply do not care if they are not very full of musicians (or even full of guitar players). So it is probably a bit different on music fairs or similar.

By the way: The answer to the profile questions was nice and along the lines of "uh... wait... not exactly sure... some 69 Marshall profile that sounds good and came with that box...". Needless to say he sounded perfect that night :)

Indeed that works for microphones which do not need phantom power of 48V, i.e. any condensers. This is what the Kemper can not deliver. All the rest works like a charm. I do use my SPL Track One Channelstrip to form the mic signal with slight compression, de-essing and some EQ and then route it to the input (and sometimes to the return). That is pretty clean and uncolored sound then :thumbup: 8)

If you want some coloration on top you can as Kellerblues said use some profiles from RigExchange which were made with Avalon, Neve and other consoles or preamps (or their emulations). Search for author "Downfall Studio" and you'll find a handful which worked well for me.

Couldn't agree more, Alan. Very well said. But that truth is quite uncomfortable sometimes due to human nature ;)

...and by the way as well true for "the best 20 free VSTs" to be added to your DAW so that you finally can create the pro mix 8o

mrguitar , thanks so much for sharing! :thumbup: 8)

I do like the red one pretty much, very cool. Small comment and aspect for improvement: Definition is instantly at level 10 - so no chance to adjust that a bit higher which would potentially help the folks above who want it a bit less dark. If the Definition would be around 6-7 for the red profile as is that would help a lot to keep it tweakable.

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

That bass sound is killer! And the overall vibe as well. Your choice and use of the reverb(s) nails it for "the genre". Spot on! :thumbup: 8)

That "Parental Advisory Sticker" is there for good reason I'd say. My parents did not warn that such hybrid could come up ^^

Nice one, thanks for sharing and glad you enjoy it so much. I agree with musicmad , would be nice to see the whole thing in a pic to get an impression how it looks in action.

Modern playing with an alltime favorite rock song... #taylorhawkins 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry, some good advice in here in the first 5mins of that video. Same "I do not like my voice" here with myself. But I do check frequently how I sound in presentations in front of bigger audiences or in podcasts by reviewing the recordings. And I start to like it when I see that it was successful in the respective events. Check this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good one, Larry, I like how you layer the different instruments and leave enough space for them. Indeed much easier with the clean guitars. Synths are nice and give nice room and vibe :thumbup: 8)