Posts by deadman42

I have a SHURE GLXD16E since many years.

Same here and super happy with it, never had any problems on stage or in the rehearsal room. As well it is pretty good with the receiver in the pedal format. Fits probably better aside of your Kemper Stage than any rack mounted receiver. My bass player has the same thing and is super happy with the low frequency handling.

Some here in the forum say though that as this is a digital unit (i.e. shares transmission band with WLAN and similar technologies) it might be affected negatively as soon as many units are around. Personally I never had negative effects with that but I could imagine that in areas with higher density of devices this could become problematic...

Do you happen to remember how this FX loop method was set up? I just tried plugging the acoustic straight into the FX Return but noticed the response was nothing like at the guitar inputs. Much lower output.

Yep, that's probably the challenge with that solution. Tiny preamp of whatever needed to bring the acoustic signal up to the line level for the FX Return. I have to admit I'm using a rather expensive Channel Strip for the acoustic for the studio work and then route that into the Kemper for recording. So I have it solved and no need to do that live. And it's certainly just one way (and maybe not the best) to do that...

Just thinking and others here may advise better if they know: Does the FX Loop have the same level depending on where in the signal chain you put it, i.e. in Stomps section vs. Effects section?

I'm in a prog band that features many songs with acoustic parts.

So you have the acoustic on a stand and the electric on the strap? Seen that here and there indeed...

I remember seeing a video on YT some time ago where the acoustic was routed through the return input of an effects loop in the Kemper. You can place it in Slot A and have the full chain to process the acoustic within one rig. Switching to the next rig for the electric, stepping back from the acoustic and grabbing the electric is probably the quickest way within a song. Problem might be how the FOH receives and treats the signal, might not be ideal to have acoustic and electric on the same channel of the PA. With the Kemper Stage you could utilize the second effects loop to route the signal into another channel on the FOH. I remember as well a solution which routed using the classical outputs but not sure how this was done exactly...

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Please check System menu, page 2 or so, "System Settings Brightness". You can set the brightness of the Buttons, LED Collars and Color LEDs. Maybe something wrong there...

BTW: 19" = Rack? There are no LED collars around the knobs you mention. Those are on the Toaster only...

So he's comparing his own amp to someone else's profile? Then saying his amp sounds better? Doesn't prove anything.

This. Usually Paul is a fine and clever guy who typically makes good points in his videos. This comparison in the video is pretty misleading. Would only be interesting if he'd profile the amp exactly as it is set up there. And I'm wondering why he didn't do it. All there... just takes pushing some knobs :/