Posts by deadman42

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Thanks for sharing your story and thoughts. I like the humor in it very much :thumbup:8)

And it seems like you're enjoying the machine already before it's there. Good thing. Indeed you do not need more to start than you described. Will work that way.

Just two notes: Typically we guitar players enjoy sound in the room, depending on what you played before using only headphones might not give you the full experience. That's at least for me a topic. I somethimes use headphones but try to get the sound from speakers (whatever type) whenever I can.

Second thing and just for awareness: Be careful with the tweaking you do when using the headphones. Fletcher/Munson effect might trick you and once you put it on real speakers and make loud it may sound not so good as you expect. That's a very common thing what people experience when they are new to the Kemper. Dial in your tones at gig level is the typical advice here :)

So, welcome again and enjoy!

Hello everyone. I was dreaming of a new Kemper based on my personal preferences and came up with this super light-weight and MIDI capable Profile Loader. (Less than 1/3 the size of a Stage.)

Although I personally have not much need for a machine as you sketched it I am still very impressed by the prototype picture you created Behind ! Very cool to visualize it in that way. Well done :thumbup:8)

Awesome, well done, very professional and very inspiring. Greetings to your wild bass player. Nice to see that the old cliche of bass players being the quite guys in the background is not necessarily true. I have the pleasure to play with a similar guy who is nicely extroverted (which is good as he is the singer as well). Cool thing :thumbup:8)

This is a rare place on the internet! I'm being treated with respect, decency, and inclusion.

Well spotted, yes this community here is a nice place with a lot of very friendly people around. And the mods from Kemper do a great job to keep it like that.

Hi TheMTJ , welcome and have fun with your Kemper and here in the forum. As Monkey_Man said we all were starters with the thing at a time. Don't worry to ask here :)

In addition to the great advice above I'd really emphasize the point to go through the manual once, not reading it all but to see what topics are covered where. It's really comprehensive. Additionally there is a whole lot of good YouTube videos and tutorials out there. Those help a lot for quick introduction.

As you already made your first profiles I think you're on a good way. Take some time and don't give up - its really worth it :)

The other night, for shits and giggles I dug out my Eleven Rack, hooked it up to a Seymour Powerstage, dialed in a Mesa Vintage Recto amp model with my trusty Line 6 HX Effects into my Mesa RK412 cab..

Can you profile it once the Kemper is back? 8o

I feel with you having the Kemper not at hand for some time. I couldn't stand that as it has so quickly become the center of all my musical activities, studio and live. And even in productions which are not guitar centric. I use some of the effects and ideas on other sounds and instruments as well :)