Posts by deadman42

Basically you can reamp whatever track you like. For guitar reamping purposes naturally any DI track is the best starting point. But it doesn't matter how it is created or what is the source of it. When using the Kemper SPDIF might just be a very convenient option.

Personally I do use reamping as well on other instruments and even vocal tracks in order to achieve special effects for instance. That works pretty well 8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

I’m on a STEEEEEEEEEEEEEP learning curve!

Fair enough. We all had that (and certainly still have with continuously new features and updates coming in from Kemper :)). Enjoy and do not hesitate to ask here if there are questions the manuals or the brilliant tutorial videos do not answer.

Wow, very, very cool Mark, really pro stuff, audio and video! Quite impressive, thanks for sharing here.

One little thing: When the solo hits in I would have wished that the guitar is a little louder and more upfront for the solo. Especially at the start. But by the way the drums during the guitar solo are superb. Love that playing with the snare.

Great stuff :thumbup:8)

Interesting discussion here around the combination of different woods in guitars other that the usual (and unbeatable) mahagony meets flamed maple top thingy. The guitar below is actually not my latest but rather my first electrical guitar and with me since 40 years now (japanese made El Maya strat copy). Got it as a kid when I started the whole thing. Great guitar but I was never super satisfied with the sound and thus converted it into a power strat in the late 80s, getting rid of the poor single coils in that one.

What I always wondered is if the wood combination is helpful for the sound, i.e. if the vibration and resonance of the strings in the body and neck is rather good or not so much. Heard many different opinions on that. The style of building guitars like that (similar to the Alembic instruments) is solely 70s in my impression, haven't seen this any more in the later years... anyway I have many nice memories with this guitar and it has been on stage with me quite often...

By the way Genesis' Mike Rutherford played exactly this one but with a different name and label on it in the late 70s. I just discovered that few years ago 8)

Indeed the acoustic guitars are pretty much in the background, hard to notice them. "Jingle jangle" is a nice label for that piece of music. Like it :thumbup:8)

Good one Per, as said often before it is very inspiring to see these ideas from your head materialize in the noodles. And I like your approach. 80/20 rule is sometimes in my head. While in professional life it is rather easy to apply it I certainly do have a hard time when it comes to music or any private life topics. Still way to go and things to learn. Comes only with practice... so my plan for the weekend is clear now :thumbup:8)

I am not used to that. My past professions had some super snobby peers that seemed happy if you fail to make them look better.

That's awful. Nothing else. I keep telling my teams that there's two things I can't stand: Ignorance and arrogance. I have to deal with candidates a lot in my job and some of them bring some arrogance which is by no means acceptable.

You're hyper creative , and your brain is probably addicted to creation , so you won't get rid of this practice like this , to our great pleasure

What a wonderful summary. Exactly this :thumbup:8)

Again great idea for a tune even if it is rather just a short excerpt. Nice how the intro goes into the song mode then. Reminds me a lot of the super cool "The Funeral" of Band of Horses. A song which quite impressed me as the soundtrack of the even more impressive "Inspired Bicycles" video with Danny MacAskill. Not sure how often I watched that with my son over the years...

Great tune Per, I do often like excessiveness and am guilty as well with it 8o

In this case the well connected but different parts and sounds are super cool. The vital bass behind the cleaner parts is my hidden star. Good one! :thumbup:8)

Yeah, indeed, great story. And thanks for sharing including the nice feedback to the folks in the forum here. Which indeed is a great place to be because so many polite, nice and knowledgeable people are around here.

Very happy to hear that all went well with the first gig. I think that's important to make it a great starting point for more. Best wishes for the next gigs and enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do... :thumbup:8)

Awesome Per, what a complete song. I really like how it all builds up and new ear catchers like the solo or the violin sound come in one after the other and keep it interesting. Well done. That one shouts for some vocals on top more than anything else :thumbup:8)