Posts by deadman42

Nice tempo and vibe Joe. And I like the idea of the soft outro. Typically bands either fade their songs out or stop it with a big bang. Both good but sometimes nice to hear something different. Well done!

Happy New Year by the way... all the best :thumbup:8)

Hi, welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Glad you enjoyed the first impressions already a lot. From here it only gets better. And as you say, there is a lot to learn so take your time to explore this incredible machine.

Don't hesitate to ask here, it is an incredible nice forum with a big bunch of helpful and polite folks around. Nevertheless make sure you have the excellent manual and other sources of wisdom like several Youtube videos at hand. Looking through some of the threads in this forum as well as using the search functionality here makes also sense.

Have fun, enjoy! :thumbup:8)

EZ Drummer 2 is pretty popular, good to see. Very useful software on so many levels. So you make your own beats or buy MIDI files?

Actually both but more the latter. EZDrummer is the only item on my list which indeed is kinda related to the pandemic situation as I am not seeing my bandmates often enough. So I had the need to create better drum sounds and especially grooves on my own to sketch song ideas. But some of the midi packs as well to create foundation for my drummer but also to dive into other styles and get lots of inspiration. Rabbit hole that is... but so far I like it a lot 8)

Nice stuff db9091 , Monkey_Man and ST ...impressive lists :thumbup:8)

Difficult year here (luckily not because of Covid but rather some other private hassle) so I sold a lot of stuff. Kinda clean-up of things which did not get enough attention and an attempt to make my musical environment way more lean and focused. Sold guitars (Charvel & Ibanez), cabs (trusty ENGL 4x12), studio gear (ART DPS II, Boss 9,5" PRO series), mics (Oktava & Shure), audio interfaces (AVID, M-Audio) and more. Looking back I'm pretty surprised how much came in even for older stuff including the pretty good feeling that I made some people really happy with some gems :)

So I just bought a few little things which (probably) make me very happy:

• Behringer RX1602 Rack Mixer
    • Kemper Kone, which I plan to put into an old Rocktron 1x12 (ported) cab in the next days
    • Harley Benton GPA 100 Class D Power Amp for use with the Kone (tried it already with some other gear and it is incredible, very pragmatic approach)
    • EZDrummer2 and some extensions for quick demos and some inspiration for my drummer
    • A handful of great profile packs from Bert, Guido and Michael

And finally (hard to remember that it was already 2020 when I got it): My second Fender Billy Corgan Signature Strat incl. some modifications from my luthier. Lovely piece and still I am playing the other one way more... 8)

Nice job, well played and recorded. I very much like the relaxed vibe of the tune and how your tone cleans up here and there(probably just with the volume knob?). Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Did you get the Profiler Remote? I didn't a first, but when I finally got mine, I regretted not getting it sooner.

Exactly the same story here. Yes, it is not super cheap and one might get tempted to try with Midi floorboards etc. - but once the remote is there it is quite enlightening how much of a great concept is behind the Kemper components. Never want to miss the Remote again, not only on stage but also in rehearsals and even more in studio work... :)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Great community here. Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Was there a prerequisite to only post stuff we recorded/mixed/mastered personally? If that’s the case then please forgive my stupidity.

No, by no means. All good. I was just assuming from the pro sound and was obviously right. And we have some very talented non-pro folks around here in the forum who create really well sounding recordings. So I could have been wrong as well...

Great sound and overall production Goji54 , some pros were involved for mix and master I guess... great songwriting as well which to me is actually the more essential part. Very nice stuff, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Welcome Goji54 , have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Seems like that is going on, very good. Enjoy that incredible machine as much as most of us do. For me it gets even better every day :thumbup:8)

Congratulations and all the best for your little family... be sure: When they grow up your time for music comes slowly back 8o

You can also use it as a regular input if you put a Mono Loop e.g. in slot A. If this makes sense or not is a matter of what you use it for and how you use it. But it's an option that exists.

Indeed. And that is working quite well when I connect my SPL Track One Channel Strip for vocals, acoustic guitar or some other instruments which come great through it :)

Another great one, thanks for sharing Joe. I like the cool vibe and this medium tempo. Drums a bit too much in the background for me. Guitar player's mix ...oh yes I am guilty too 8o

Solo is super cool :thumbup:8)

my idea of a setup would be the KPA together with a rather neutral sounding amp (such as an acoustic amp)

Not sure what you want to achieve with the redundancy. The KPA can be a very neutral sounding amp or even mimic an acoustic amp. It is just depending on the profile and actually there is good stuff out there for acoustic instruments (and for my case also for vocal and other instrument re-ampings) as well, e.g. profiles of Consoles or Channel Strips.