Posts by deadman42

Cool thing Nate. I liked your mixes all the way as they were and you remember our discussions around certain details. Details. Not more. Nevertheless Gary helps a lot to get this on the next level. Experience and gear probably helps - and a fresh ear. I like that he contributes with ideas like the megaphone part.

Well done gents :thumbup:8)

Very nice Renaud, watch out... Mr. Shaft coming round the corner. Lovely 70s funk vibe in here, you absolutely nailed it. And I like the experimental approach with the trumpet, choir and the effects. That's kinda how I work as well. You can virtually re-amp everything with the Kemper for creative reasons and there's a lot in the machine for this.

Kudos to Xavier as well for the on the spot drumming :thumbup:8)

I have several different guitars that I use with the Kemper as well. With different output levels from the pickups from PAFs to High Gain. I never ever messed around with the Clean and Distortion Sense - simply because I never found the need to do this.

As Finally said separate rigs per guitar are a must for me. Even if they are based on the same profiles. So typically I have my handful of go to profiles and put them into performances. Those are definitely arranged per guitar then. And for more push on one or the other rig I really like using the Shaper or the Pure Boost in one of the first stomps, sometimes a Green Scream here and there for leads. All that works pretty well and the character of the different guitars is maintained extremely well with that config 8)

Awesome Eric, well done. Great production and a lot of tasteful sounds in there. Very well put together and with that nice Johnny Cash vibe in the verses. I like that, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

And by the way great video as well with those dark backgrounds. Nice!

Have a look at Michael Britt's Rig Pack which comes for free with the Kemper. You'll find the "Rock Woman" in there which is obviously profiling the Rockman (more of those are in Michael's Pack No. 3). Can't tell you how close this is as I am not into that kind of sound but you can easily give it a try from the Rig Pack. Enjoy :thumbup:8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Enjoy :)

I have a room full of boutique amps, so I got it more for the profiling aspect. I figured users may like to try my profiles. I'll be posting in Rig Exchange as Nashville East.

Very cool. Some pretty nice pieces there. Thanks for sharing the stuff on the RigExchange. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Wow. Next level indeed. Always liked your distorted guitars already a lot. But this is massive. Very cool sound. As MuddySludge used to say: How good to have an engineer/mixer/professional at your side. How true :)

Great work Nate, also for the songwriting. Best sound doesn't matter much if the song is crappy. But this one is well written :thumbup:8)

Didn't know her...

Same here. Very nice. And a big bunch of people for this small space 8o

The Tiny Desk Concert series has such jewels in it... great format and big stars did it as well. Remember that I even saw Sting & Shaggy there some time ago. Like Sting's bass sound so much here...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you All for this fantastic journey.

Thanks for sharing so much of your great tunes here (as well as the info about Gary). It's really inspiring to hear that stuff. So my pleasure to be observer of this journey (and great development!) :thumbup:8)

Very nice Mats, well done. Always good to look beyond your own tools and expand musical knowledge or use it for other kinds of music. I really like this kind of musical crossover, doing it myself from time to time with clips for videos / filming my son does.

Your tune has a great orchestral vibe. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

One more with the incredible Simon Phillips on the drums... what a great song to start the show... so big... and Luke is so cool and relaxed here... seen him in the same year with the same gear in a rather small concert in Germany with his solo stuff. Incredible guitar player :thumbup:8)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What a team... love Simon's drumming here, so heavy at the end 8)

Thanks for sharing that story, great info in it! Cool thing 8)

Then after playing for a while I heard a slight pop and silence =O ...... :cursing:

After a few expletives, I calmed down and started sniffing around, no blown speaker smell at all, this was promising,

I then realized the back of the cab had vibrated so much it popped out the speaker cable. Nice work Kemper Kone !!

That part made my day... :thumbup::D:D:D

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper once it arrives. Enjoy then :thumbup:8)

I am now looking at youtube and reading in this forum for info and hints

That's great idea. So many things already answered or discussed in this forum. Typical traps and pitfalls. And usually it turns out that there is a solution and that things work out over time.

I often find profiles that suit guitar A and are terrible or just uninspiring with guitar B. With Brit's and Bert's profiles the ratio of this low versatilty is smaller and the profiles just sound different because the guitars (and obviously the pups) are different.

Same here. I love those profiles which typically work for most if not all of my different guitars. And those which work for live and studio use. Luckily there is more than a big handful in the stuff from those two you mentioned :thumbup:8)