Posts by jon9max

It would be great If we could save a few short loops on the pedal and recall them like 1,2,3,4 or something. I need to use the looper 3 times during a show. But 2 of them I cannot do on "the fly" The first one I do prior to the show @ sound check, leave the Kemper on so I can use that. Another I can do on the fly, but the last I just can't it would be great if I could recall that. I'm not needing to save them forever I have no problem doing it prior everytime and leaving the kemper on.

If the kone speaker and software mimic specific speakers, it doesn’t act as a frfr, where you would send the cabinet sim to the frfr as you would direct to FOH? You would still have to treat it as a regular guitar cab and turn the cab sim off going to the kone and use the kone software to to mimic the speaker you use as the cab sim in the rig that goes to FOH? Or am I missing something.

I’m not at all surprised. I still don’t see much need for the virtual knob twiddling type “editor” functions unless the KPA is situated out of arms reach. However, the ability to manage performances and presets smoothly is a fundamental requirement.

Most my headaches have always been caused by difficulties creating and managing performances rather than tweaking rigs or FX. I have very high hopes for the future development of the performance and presets aspects of RM

this was the main reason I wanted the editor so I could quickly, easily and effectively manipulate my performances in a hurry. It seems as though they didn’t address this. I want to quickly move around rigs (I usually use one “rig” per song and use the morph as a boost or to change effect parameters) so I can change the order of songs per the set list. I have such trouble doing this as sometimes it works, or it just changes the name but not the rig. It seems the same exact thing is happening with rm3.0. I unfortunately have to wait to download the editor until I can do this, I can’t risk a malfunction at a show.

Yes, last used, But I have a specific setting for a Show with my band. It returns to last used, that doesn't have the proper output level FOH is expecting. I have to be exact as our whole IEM setup and FOH depends on recalled saved settings on the monitor and FOH boards. But if I go to a Saved output profile it doesn't recall All of those settings. Just some. Doesn't save "main output levels" those I have specifically set for the gig or if the power amp is on(which is exactly the same for every show). I have to change to that output setting then manually set the output level and turn the power amp on, if it was off in the last used setting. I think it should save All of the output parameters for a saved output setting. I go between three and I have to adjust the output levels and the power amp on/off.

I play live in a variety of venues and have output profiles saved (on Rack and Stage) that are specific to the requirements for each venue. I have learned (the hard way) that the Kemper does not boot up to the last used output profile. Is there anything regarding setup that I might be missing? I’ve only been using KPA for about a year, so I still consider myself a novice to some degree.

I also notice it does not save the "main volume" or if the power amp is on or off. For example I use a different output setting(saved) at a gig, which is different from a rehersal(saved) and again different at home. While it does save some of the settings, it does not save the "main output volume" or if the power amp is on or off. So if I go from my home setting to a gig. I have to not only call up my output setting for the gig that I have saved, I have to reset the output volume and if I need the power amp on, That too.

Try to get a good set of full range speakers(studio monitors) to get your sound at home. Not too loud. Because in my opinion the Kemper sound FOH can’t be beat. The sound I get at home comes out identical FOH, and soundmen love it. They have to do essentially nothing but turn up the fader.

Obscure podcast? Maybe. But a podcast that is more or less about the Kemper from a guy with quite a bit more inside info than us. If there is another, more relevant podcast about the Kemper, please point me to it, I’d love to listen.

I do not believe CK was convinced when it comes to the “need” for an editor in order to invest required resources in that direction. It is my impression he saw more of a need for this when it comes to floor units. When asked in an earlier interview about a possible editor (someone brought up pod having an editor) he replied by asking if the pod in question was a floor unit. Considering this impression of mine, I’m not too surprised editor is coming out (relatively) near the stage release.

Perhaps he eventually did change his mind when it comes to all kemper units in general, about editor need, and/or perhaps more resources were eventually available, of course. Who knows.

So why did they announce and show it along with the speaker and Kemper Kone thing at last years Winter Namm? There was Zero mention of a floor unit. Unlike a lot of others, from what it seems I do need a good software editor. Moving performances and rigs around with the current rig manager is clunky, time consuming and half the time the moves don't take. A software editor is long overdue. For crying out loud, I had one for outdated my Eleven Rack years ago. I'm not complaining about the Kemper, the sound is second to none. But why announce and show something that is a year away.

I get noise, hum ground. But Only at gigs. It only goes away If I lower the volume on the volume/expression pedal(dvp3)) not from guitars. It’s very inconvenient to have to be next to the volume pedal when the song ends. It only makes noise live, not at home, and not at rehearsal we’re we use the same exact setup as live. We use our whole wireless IEM system and my guitars are wireless nothing is different but being at a venue. We are not playing bars we play nice theaters/venues. We don’t always use the same FOH sound. Most venues have their own, but still get the hum. Just this past Saturday we were up in New Hampshire at a venue only 2.5 years old and I still got that same hum. I hit all the ground buttons on the Kemper, didn’t do anything and tested the quad box where I plugged in my rack everything was fine and ground was good. I can’t recreate this anywhere, and at the venue there really isn’t time to do a lot of trouble shooting. Setup-soundcheck-silence-Show-load out. Any ideas what this could be and why only at venues. Oh rack gets plugged into Furman m8lx power conditioner. Thanks.

Maybe they shouldn't have announced and shown the two products, (editor, and speaker with Kemper Kone) in January if they were nowhere near ready. Kind of like how they didn't announce the stage. But I get that. Because then people like me wouldn't have bought the rack (like I did) or toaster. I would have waited.

I had an issue with the remote with the new update as well as a few others. I'm thinking they are sending a bit less power through the ethernet. I just added a POE device and it solved the problem(I never had the issue before the update) Luckily I have everything in a rack with a patch panel and it's easily secured in there and always on. With a toaster it wouldn't be so easy.

I don't have the original cable on hand. I loaned it to the other guitar player in my band to try to hash out a problem he has with his booo"helix"booo. For gigs I use a high quality Ethercon cable 30+ feet that is connected to a patch panel on the back of my rack.Never had a problem with it. Got the POE today and mounted it in there, remote works like a charm and comes on much faster too. So I hope this is all good now.

I just took a look at the remote ethercon connection with magnifying goggles and noticed a tiny thin dog hair and sprayed it out with compressed air and plugged in a short ethernet cable and the remote came on. I then plugged it in the way I normally do into the patch panel and the longer 10 meter ethercon and it came on for a while then the remote shut off. I plugged the shorter cable back in and it turned on again. I wonder since this always worked before the latest update and I know the longer the ethercon cable is good. Does the update maybe send less power to the ethernet port? I just ordered a POE from Amazon. I will have it tomorrow. I hope this is resolved!

I did open a support ticket and just got a response and I am going to try a few things suggested. But as I said, the remote was working perfectly immediately before and up until the update. It’s not the cable as I tried 3 different cables.

Since I downloaded 7.0.8 and now 7.0.9 My remote hasn't been working. This has never been an issue until this update. While the Kemper rack boots up, all the remote lights will get really bright and then flash off. It will do this a few times and then stay off. While the lights are on the remote says performing power test. The other day while I had 7.0.8, I rebooted about five times then the remote stayed on. When it did, it said performing update. Today I saw that 7.0.9 was available, so I downloaded and installed it, hoping it would solve this problem. It didn't. This never happened before these updates. I have tried different ethernet/con cables. I don't even plug anything directly into the Kemper, I have a patch panel that I connect everything to in a rack. I also plugged directly into the Kemper and that still did not resolve the problem.