Posts by MartininMN

Hello,

I received the Double Tracker update email on 11/3 and just now finished the updates. However, the video tutorial that is recommended in the email is in the German language and I cannot find an English version.

Where can we find the English version? If it doesn't exist, when can we expect it and will you send out an email announcement about it?

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I want to update the situation with the Remote and the EP1-KP: turns out none of the pedals were defective.

I was.

It's been many years since this old fart played with a wah wah...pedal, and I didn't know or notice the difference between a old school "latch" pedal and these "momentary" pedals. Therefore, you really have to press down and hold the EP1-KP to get it to switch from volume to wah or between whatever 2 functions you have it set for.

Sorry about the confusion. Hopefully, this thread will shed some light on using the EP1-KP with the Kemper Remote for any other rookies who do a search on the topic.

Thanks!

Hello Burkhard,

Peter at Kemper support also suggested the paperclip short-circuit trick and, yes, that worked :thumbup:: it turns the Wah on Stomp A off and on and the EP1-KP switches between Wah & Volume.

I will contact Sweetwater and let them know it seems I have a defective EP1-KP. (Of course, if I contact my retailer again, it's likely I'll order another expression pedal or two now that I've watched so many videos and saw all the cool things you can do with the Remote etc.! 8o )

Thank you!

Alan, thank you for your input, but no luck so far.

So here's what I got from your suggestions:

Patch cables:

Balanced/stereo cable from Mission E. pedal Output 1 to the Remote's Input 5.

Unbalanced/mono cable from Mission E. pedal Output 2 to Remote's Input 6

System Settings:

Page 5/18: Pedal Links page: upper left "WahPedal >Vol." is checked;

Page 10/18: Pedal 5 (Remote) is set to: Mode=Pedal Type 1 & Function=Wah Pedal

Page 11/18: Pedal 6 (Remote) is set to: Mode=Mono Switch & Switch Tip=Stomp A On/Off

Stomps settings:

Stomp A set to Stomp Preset: Wah Wah (Default); on Page 2/3, Pedal Mode=On; other settings in Stomp A's page 1 & 3 are left at default settings.

Now, I've tried a million different combinations, but it stays on the Wah Wha effect when I press the toe switch.

BTW: I don't understand your sentence: "When Stomp A is active it functions as a volume." That seems to contradict the previous sentence where you state that Stomp A "becomes a volume" when it is bypassed.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

FWIW: when are engineers and IT developers ever going to make sure actual users can understand their manuals?! I don't mean to single Kemper out--there's plenty of blame to go around in just about any device you buy (computer hardware & software, cars, vacuum cleaners, mixers, keyboard workstations, vibrators [oops!]...), but the Remote/expression pedal sections of the manual could be more clear. I'm not exactly looking forward to digging into more complex areas such as how to profile an amp etc.

Hello,

[Update 3/8/19: I suggest readers check out my update below due to my mistakes etc.]

First post after picking up the Profiler and the Remote last week, so happy to be here!

I also got the Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal. I have a balanced/stereo patch cable connecting the EP1-KP from Output 1 to Input 5 on the Remote. I've read the manuals and watched every video I can find on the subject, but I'm stumped on how to be able to get both the Wah-wah function and a Volume pedal function on the EP1 and simply switch between the two using the toe switch. Right now, I can only get the Wah effect or the Volume effect even when I press the toe switch, not both. I've tried hooking up another patch cable from the Remote Output 2 (trying both a balanced and unbalanced cable) to Remote's Input 6, but no luck. My understanding is that I should only need to use one patch cable.

If anyone could walk me through the steps and/or show me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you!

Martin