Posts by tizianonatale

Now it works with 3.1.60 Beta!

Arne, via mail, said I had a conflict with a usb creative device (but I suppose is my Creative X-Fi PCI soundcard).. now with that fix all is working and synced! I was going crazy actually.. thank you so so much!

I see you had opened a ticket. Could you provide us with the following files?
    Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\InstallationLog.txt

C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log

Without those, we can't find out why exactly your installer is rolling back.

You are right!! I'll send you immediately, I just missed your response in the plaetora of mails... thank you!

Hi everyone,
    sorry for all the trouble. Unfortunately, we haven't encountered these update problems on our own Windows machines, but we have identified a potential issue with the driver update. It might fix both the installer rolling back and the Profiler not being recognized after reboot problems. If you want to try it out, please download it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bi8…Windows%2064-bit.msi?dl=0
    If you need a 32 Bit Windows installer, please let me know.
    Looking forward to hear from you!
    Best regards,

Arne

Still rolls back unfortunately.... :(

I absolutely quote you... seems many are addressing the same issue, so it's not to take so easily imho... but I'm contacting the support to understand what it can be done ..

In the meantime you can, as myself, continue to use 3.0.145 which is working just fine.

If this was happening to me, I would remove Rig Manager first. Then I would rout out the offending driver via device manager. Then I would rename the "Kemper.sys" file to "Kemper.sysold". Then I would install the BETA and that's it.

I presume you were answering to me.. thank you anyway.

But I tried both without success, and I know the post is talking about the Beta but I presume 3.1 now is realease version and not Beta anymore.. am I wrong?

If the new change is the lack of new drivers, I don't understand why for some people isn't running due to driver issues...

Again I tried to clean EVERYTHING from folders, even with Kemper Tool, even by deleting the files in Windows/System32/drivers... one was impossible to delete "KemperProfiler.sys" and i managed to delete it using LockHunter (putting the delete on a restart) and manually unistalling kemper drivers from Device Settings. I even tried with searching for hide devices as suggested above, but no other drivers appear or it goes gray when the driver is installed AND kpa not connected. With that said, and presumely the system completely kpafiles-free, I both tried first with firstly installing 3.0.145 (and after installation it installs driver for kpa) and later starting 3.1, and first 3.1 alone (and in Device Setting without Kemper drivers and the kpa recognized only as "Profiler" with a mark)...

I really don't know what to try next... the fact is that when kpa is connected, both with or without drivers, the 3.1 installer goes in rolling back. If the KPA is not installed it goes with the installation but doesn't recognize the kpa and asking to reinstall RM.

Any other suggestion?:(;(

So after you run Uninstall Script and still see Kemper Profiler in the devices, this for me means that this script hasn' removed all drivers properly. Yeah, nothing to lose with manual uninstallation of the drivers in Device Manager. Give it a go.

As wrote above I tried.. but same thing... ç_ç really really weird.

Tried to uninstall the USB driver manually from Device Settings, then uninstalling Rig Manager again, cleaning all folders, restarted PC... tried both first installing RM 3.0.145 then 3.1, then tried the reverse and installing 3.1 first without success... (obviously trying to uninstall usb driver manually again..).

Nothing changes.... when 3.1 is starting it does the same rolling back thing, but does install after unpluggin the KPA (tried different usb port too) , then it does not recognize kpa after pluggin in again...that's starting to be weird.;(

Anyway with RM 3.0.145 all works great... what can I do more? Praying? xD

I haven't disconnected KPA at any point.

Right click on Windows Start Logo (bottom left) and choose Device Manager and go to "Sound, video and game controllers". After you run the uninstall script, can you still see Kemper Profiler?

Yes, still see it... shall I uninstall it manually?

Doesn't work for me either... rolls back if my kpa rack is connected; if i disconnect kpa, 3.1 would install but not recognize my kpa after connecting it. Tried with the "uninstall driver tool" but no luck, I tried to delete manually all folders after disinstalling 3.0.145.. still no luck. I don't know what to do, I tried literally everything.. I have win10 64bit. I read somebody is lucky and have the 3.1 running properly, others got my same problem with rack/stage/head or whatever....

That's really frustrating.