Posts by jspano

make sure you actually have the kemper putting output to the spdif output as well and the frequency matches the focusrite.

from rig manager on pc, output section

i think the focusrite has to be a slave too for spdif if i remember right

i switch outputs all the time for other stuff/cabs and i forget to turn it back on later lol.

not line input but instrument input.

You can use the XLR outputs but on the Scarlett use the TRS inputs. You can easily buy cables XLR female -> TRS male. That's the correct way to connect balanced line level signal to most audio interfaces.

thanks! so would it be simpler/easier to just buy a couple XLR female -> TRS male

and run those the instrument input 1 and 2 on the red box and then just flip the main output on the kemper from master stereo to git analog when i just want the raw signal?

i know if i put both to the red box i could record the wet and dry signal but idc about that. the main purpose is to get just the guitar to my pc with nothing on it because i use a plug in on my cpu ever once and a while to play with

Thanks guys,

ok then it sounds like i should use SPDIF with master stereo to get regular signal out of it to the focusrite?

and then use Git Analog with the direct output in the back to a line input on the scarlett?

Ingo, will the preamp hurt it? IMO it actually sounds better with it xlr with that than spdif?

TY Guys! i think i have it now.

so here's what i did, please let me know if it was dumb lol.

i have the main output set to master stereo, this is my normal signal with all processing. runs XLR to scarlett.

i have the spdif output set to GIT Studio. this seems to be just the guitar signal. runs spdif cord to scarlett.

when i want just guitar, i turn off master, and turn on spdif. want main signal i do the opposite.

Thanks!

sorry, this has probably been answered somewhere before, but i'm not good with this stuff and am having a hard time finding anything, probably because i do not know the correct terminology.

so here's what i need: is there a way to set the kemper, preferably easily (like a button press or knob to switch etc), to send my guitar signal out the back unmodified totally?

i want to turn the kemper processing totally off, every once and a while and just sent my raw guitar signal to my PC.

i already have the kemper attached to the pc, but of course it sends the processed signal to it just like out of any amp.

if it matters, i'm using XLR cables from the kemper to the scarlett now.

i know i could stand up and unplug the guitar from the kemper and plug it directly into my scarlet but i'm lazy lol.

i guess i could buy a switch box that sends it to one or the other, but i figured there's something on the kemper that does this already.

Thanks!

I have the same problem with the powered head. i've not been able to solve it.

the profiler has an IP address, which matches what my router thinks it is. My ipad is on the same network, it'll never connect.

the kemper is hardwired to the router, the ipad wireless to the same router's wifi.

just following this thread in case it helps lol

I find a good workaround is to drag the effects I want to the desktop. Then I can drag them into whichever rig I need them.

Copy & paste would be useful, but not the end of world if it doesn't come. I just thought that features on the front panel of the profiler could easily be duplicated in the editor.

TY that desktop drag and drop works great.

Ty for introducing me to STL

i've tried about 8 different vendors for kemper profiles and so far i like them the best.

they worked very well for someone that's very unskilled in dialing stuff in. out of the box they just worked for me.

i picked up the mark lewis pack and can't see my playing much else after buying that.

Afritzro  jspano

could you verify that the PROFILER indeed actually got a IP number from your router?

on the PROFILER : system menu -> last page -> details :

there should be indicated an IP address which should not be 169.x.x.x (because that would indicate 'autoip')

Hi, from your other question, yes it's running 8.5.2.29290B

the ip address in the kemper on the details page is the same one as my router assigned it. 192.168.1.233

my ipad is 192.168.1.183

EDIT: also i can ping my kemper from my pc (not sure how to do that from an ipad)

with no loss etc.

Edit2: i got a program for my ipad that would let me ping the kemper port. it pings fine as well.

Edit 3: just some more testing, i tried unplugging the kemper from my PC's USB thinking it might be stuck in that mode or something with the pc version of rig manager, and it still has the issue finding it.

Thanks!

I have the same issue with the normal model (not stage). i connected it to my router with a cat 5 cable, the router gave it an IP address.

rig manager on IOS though can't find it. the ipad is connected to the wireless of my router that the kemper's plugged into.

i check the client separation and it's off. the router is a tp link ax6000

i'm using the latest beta RM 3.2.25.17225 on windows 10.

after updating to this version, the Store Rig button in the lower right corner never enables anymore.

i can change anything on the rig i want (add effects, change effect knobs etc etc) and it'll never enable to save changes anymore.

am i doing something wrong in this new version or is that just broken?

it used to change orange(ish) on the grid too after making a change. that doesn't happen anymore either. It's like all profiles are "locked" or something to changes.

The store rig in profiler button still works and is there.

if i edit the profile in MyProfiler section of the rig manager, they wont' save their either.

this all worked in the last version of beta they had out.

Edit: oh also, it seems everything else is fine. RM will read stuff from the kemper, write to it, i can move an effect from one slot to another and it instantly picks it up and moves it on the profiler etc. just won't save.

Thanks!