Posts by zombieguitarist

Oh ok, I read this briefly and when I saw it was put in 8.7, I thought maybe some internal code was changed in order for this to work:

Enhanced List of Tested PoE Equipment

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in

the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected

and is perfectly suited for this purpose.

Ethernet cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector). A PoE switch

will even let you connect multiple Remotes to one PROFILER. Supported are IEEE standard 802.3af-2003 as well as

802.3at-2009 mode A.

✓ Be aware that only mode A can be used; mode B is not functional!

We have extended the list of tested PoE injectors and switches. The included devices were either tested by our

engineering department, or reported as functional by users. We are also adding a blacklist of devices which are not

compatible and must therefore not be used.

Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully:

PoE injectors:

• TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S

PoE switches:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE)

• Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX)

• Intellinet 8-Port Fast Ethernet POE+ Switch (available with 19’’ rackmount)

The following PoE devices were reported as functional by users:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1005P (5 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE+)

• Trendnet TPE-TG44G POE+ switch

• Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE+

The following PoE injectors are not compatible and must not be used:

• Swissonic 466331

• Ubiquiti Networks U-POE-af

• Ubiquiti Networks POE-48-24W-G

✓ If you are using a PoE switch, connect the PROFILER to its PoE ethernet sockets, as well as the Remote(s).

It also affects Stage. We have no reports it ever happened while Rig Manager was connected. Perhaps that's what makes the difference during gigs.

I mean, the last update had an update for the different cables to be used for the remote, correct? That can't be so much of a coincidence.

Anyway, I just played thru an hour set switching between different rigs. Even afterwards just smashed a bunch of the buttons quickly, still nothing. This is really very perplexing.

Since we are not able to reproduce the issue, we are asking for the help of users who have experienced the loss of input signal while changing Slots in Performance Mode: Please try to provoke the issue again using this special attached test OS.

Instead of loosing the input signal either the INPUT LED might show a permanent red color (until the unit gets restarted) or a warning might get displayed "Something went wrong....". In one of these cases or both please open a support ticket here, if not done already, and report the event. We will respond with instructions how to create a diagnostics file, which our engineering department requires for further analysis.

Please don't use this test OS for production work! If you experienced the issue before, we recommend OS 8.7.10 for critical applications for the time being, although given the amount of installations the issue is very rare.

I use the Remote at rehearsal. Ill have it next week and give this a test.

For all the others experiencing generic loss of input signal issues when changing Slots in Performance Mode with OS 8.7.15, which are always fixed after a restart: Please open a support ticket and receive our checklist.

Our engineering has not been able to reproduce this scenario one single time so far even with customer date and information. We need as much precise information and data as possible based on OS 8.7.15.

For those with critical jobs: Please downgrade to OS 8.7.10.

Played a gig last night, and the same exact thing happened as described. Which is a relief its not just me. I don't have many details because it was during mid song. Was playing on button 3 which was a clean sound, turned on button 1 that was for distortion and no output. Cables were good, everything showing it was on. Turned the Kemper off and then on, worked fine. A few songs later it happened again, same scenario. Button 3 clean, turned to button 1 for distortion and no sound, could only get sound with a restart. Eventually I bypassed the profile and used "Browser" mode with one sound the whole night and didnt have any issues. I also was at -14.5 dbs (BTW I wish there was a 'positive' value for this, or another way to measure loudness for the kemper)

I can't remember when I upgraded to 8.7.15.42312, but I didn't have the issue a week ago using it for rehearsal, as well as the week before. Im gonna do more testing to see if I can recreate the issue and i'll report back. Then i'll downgrade to 8.7.10

But I still can't figure out how to lower the volume when the amp is off.

To turn down the amp or the Monitor Output, Turn down “Monitor Output”.

To turn down the Main Outputs, turn down Main Output.

Im not sure what this means, since it only has one "Master Volume" and turning that down when the amp is off doesn't do anything. I have the output set to "Live w/ Guitar Cab". Regardless, its not a huge deal and if there's a feature that kind of does this, than I'm probably not understanding the output section correctly. I'll have to go thru it with the manual.

Burkhard I did some playing around and found how to browse output profiles, which is really cool! I didn't even know that was a thing, and trying to find it in the manual seemed to be pretty challenging. But I still can't figure out how to lower the volume when the amp is off. Is it because I use the Kemper powered rack with a cabinet and have the cab sim off?

You can crank down Monitor Output Volume at any time even if the power amp is switched off.

Hmm, its possible I've been using the output section of the amp incorrectly then. Im using a powered rackmount but with Monitor Cab off so its connected directly into a cabinet.

I'm gonna have to play around with it.

This would be a nice feature and seems simple to implement. In "output", it would be nice if there was a button you can turn on and off to set a default volume, since the volume you turn the amp off is saved till when you turn on it, and can't be lowered till you turn the amp on again. Unlike an analogue amp, where I can set the volume without the amp being on.

Every time I play it loud, I have to lower the volume to 0, then turn it off.

It would be nice if you can set the volume as a default value to whatever you want so when you turn it on, its always that volume, then you can raise or lower it.