Posts by elblotto00

To be accurate, i did not say the Kemper sucks, it is the profiles I am having difficulty with.

Your advice is appreciated.

My 2 cents.

I bought a Spark out of curiosity, and it killed the cat.

In my opinion, complete garbage.

The app is miserable, and the amp tones are worse.

I already know how inaccurate youtube demos are, they do more post-processing than they used on Star Wars, to keep their paid sponsors happy, but thought i would take a chance.

Bad idea.

I have a 10+ year old Yamaha THR 10, and still think it might be the best sounding table top amps out there.

Clean to mean, and everything in between(I just made that up..patent pending).

Old timer here(pushing 50), have had my Kemper almost a year.

Love it, but whenever I purchase a profile, they sound like garbage.

Everybody else rants, and raves about them, and mine sound like an am radio, played thru a 3" speaker.

Well, maybe not that bad.

Specifically, the Top Jimmy, Ozzy guitar pack, and his metal pack.

I use many different pups, active, passive, run the Kemper thru the return of a 5153, tube power amp into a 4x12, and high quality monitors, and it is all horrible.

For example- The song, The Ultimate Sin- Heavy, powerfull, great dynamics and distortion, but the profile sounds like a reverb washed out, old single coil going thru a cheap solid state amp.

Over the Mountain- Great grind, a bit of delay, articulate while having that great pushed plexi sound.

But again, lifeless, no body, barely any overdrive, just crap.

I can tweak the tone settings, gain, effects on and off, cabs, etc,etc.... and nothing.

I play 90% heavy metal, and the only profile i have found even remotely cool, is a Lars Lutridge(i think thats his name) 5153 profile.

A few of Ola's profiles are o.k. after some major tweaking, but I am really struggling trying to find a decent metal tone, ala Rectifier, 5153, Bogner, Deizel, etc.

Help a brother out!!

Tips, tricks, open to any suggestions.

Thanks.