Posts by collinisballn

I want to get a kab to bring to jam sessions, and I'm looking for the most streamlined solution. I currently have an unpowered head, so I would need to either get a powered kab (tough to get at guitar center, etc), or use a separate solid state poweramp (worst case, clunkier, then i'm carrying around 3 things).

Or, i can sell my head and buy a powered head, and use that with a normal kabinet. This is what my gut is telling me to do. I don't mind being out a few hundred bucks (vs the powered kab option).

With the powered head I can use other cabinets in the future, I can get a used kemper kab for like 300 bucks, and I shouldn't have any issues with my current setup.

Am I missing anything here? are there any downsides to option 3 that I'm not seeing? Are there any specific advatages to the powered kab/unpowered head option?

I figured it would be some sort of resonance issue - the noise picks up only after holding the note for a moment, and it's on a specific note. If I switch to an Eb guitar, it happens one fret up.

The sound doesn't sound mechanical, though. Not sure if that came across in the video...It seems like it's a sound the actual tweeter is making

Here is an example:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just got my Kemper and I am stoked. Dealing with some buzzing in the room but for the most part it sounds great.

Except for one issue.....a few profiles (and it always seems to be the ones I love), when I hold certain notes it creates a ticking noise as demonstrated in the video. It only happens at midrange or higher volumes, but it's nowhere near the level that should clip my HS7s. This video uses ToneJunkies BM Proto 1 BM 4, but I've had it happen with several other profiles as well.

It is only one of the two Yamahas that does this.

Should I get in touch with Yamaha and have them replaced? Or is there an easy solution here?