Posts by jcbleazy

as the post states I would love the feature to be able to use my 256 gig samsung flash drive for storage over the existing internal storage as it has 400/MB per second transfer speeds and would allow the kemper to boot up and be ready for use in roughly 20 seconds and would also make updates much faster. Is this something that could be possible?

Forgive the duplicate post

as the post states I would love the feature to be able to use my 256 gig samsung flash drive for storage over the existing internal storage as it has 400/MB per second transfer speeds and would allow the kemper to boot up and be ready for use in roughly 20 seconds and would also make updates much faster. Is this something that could be possible?

Yeah I've tried finding a sweet spot but it seems to color the tone a bit when the pick parameters are too far counter clockwise. Sounds like a compressor almost

having an issue with pick noise on high gain profiles. I downloaded the soothe2 free trial to try and eliminate any unwanted pick noise and it's alright but I want it better from the source for live playing.. I have landed on polygel tipped picks. They seem to make the least amount of noise.

I've tried reducing the pick knob in amplifier settings, adjusting the definition, clean and distortion sense.

I realize less gain will have less pick noise. But I play metal, with a lot of pinch harmonics and interesting.. guitar noises we'll call them. That cant really be reproduced without high gain. I also want to keep my coil tap set up. Maybe it's just my pickups? Using a Schecter Research C7 Apocalypse.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Its also possible that the CLR doesn't sound good to you. Just because it's popular and expensive doesn't mean it's perfect for everyone. A lot of people love Mission Engineering active cabs, and when I tried one, I didn't like it one bit. Also had a bad experience with another high end FRFR, the Friedman ASM-12. I ended up with a Laney FR-112, and it's great. I would say that if you keep having to fight it for good sound, then try something else out.

I love my mission engineering gemini 2. But granted I dont have a plethora of different options to choose from. It's my best sounding solution. When turned almost all the way towards frfr on the knob it's great for me

Its definitely not clipping on the output. I sometimes see mild yellow on input. The noise I'm referring to sounds vastly different than clipping.

sorry for being all over the place but I'm dealing with multiple problems at once.. so I was also using spdif at 48k and the kemper now cannot stay synced when it is the clock source. I also read that a bad spdif connection can cause digital artifacts. So I swapped back to analog. The artifacts are still there.

All my equipment is running through power conditioners. Top of the line cables, all new with Neutrik tips, tried xlr also high quality. I also discovered that my kemper only freezes when rig manager is open. It then opens on to a chromatic detuning effect which was probably the last profile I browsed

I am honestly at a loss.. I'm going to try di recording and then reamping with kemper and check if the artifacts are still present

That sounds like electronic interference; like from a fluorescent bulb,lamp, TV or Radio plugged into the same circuit as the Kemper is plugged into. I would use a long extension cord and start plugging the Profiler into other outlets around you home, and also start turning off the lights and TV's in the house to see if it goes away.

You could also just try getting a power conditioner

so I was having an issue with I believe input sensitivity on the Kemper. I have coil tap pickups with a large decibel increase. 20db.. so The high gain rigs I was playing through have a metallic scratchy noise in the backround. Tried making all manner of adjustments to no avail. But while I was tweaking the kemper froze on me. Profiler remote froze and now no buttons work or do anything and the profiler remote is off and plugged in. Tried cycling it off and back on. What do I do;(

Edit: after cycling the kpa off and back on again I regained functionality. Also I wasnt entirely clear. I was referring to digital artifacts while playing in high gain profiles. I have since excluded everything but fret buz.. adjusted pickups. Going to try light top heavy bottom strings as well to see if that solves this issue for me.

hey guys, I realize that kemper has many ways to get things done. I'm shooting for ease and a cost efficient solution to record. Ideally I would have an interface with spdif as well as xlrs and 1/4" so I can do a dry send and git + processessing and all that stuff. But that being said, any suggestions for a sound card?

I saw the em u 1212 but it is discontinued

Or even a good interface with enough head room that wont break the bank..