Posts by Ghardie

I see we have a new legends pack. I think these are great and the cheat sheet on using a single coil, PF 90 or Humbucker is also nice. I think it would be awesome if you would also indicate the Kone settings that would best help you replicate the sound. In this case, the goal is to recreate the sounds of these particular performances - helping us narrow down which cabinet to choose or other KONE / KABINET settings would really be helpful.

After spending the last year with the Kemper and trying dial in sounds through a Marshall 4x12, Headphones and Recording through SPIDIF, I finally felt I had decent command of the tones I was creating in each of those situations. Now I have a nice new Kabinet at home to play with and I was hoping that I could get some clarification to save some of the inevitable experimenting: Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have read the manual and I have scanned online and I have read conflicting information.

1) Direct or Studio Profiles? When and what Kone settings are ideal for both?

• With a Direct profile I read its best to turn off the imprints but do you still leave the Kone still on? Or should the Kone be off?
    • Are Studio profiles preferred if you are using the Kone and Speaker Imprints?

2) Pure Cabinet Setting - when should this be used when using the Kab?

3) Any recommended output volume settings if using with Power Head?

I have a powered toaster and have been running it through an 83 Marshall 1960A cab. I also frequently use thru headphones and the sounds are completely different. The Marshall Cab seems to color most profiles to be similar, which is fine in some situation but not in most. So I am willing to no longer use the Marshall. My debate is 4 Kones to put into my cabinet (will that require a rewire as the Marshall is 16ohm) or should I just get the Kabinet? Just a guess, but since the Kabinet is designed to work with the profiler it may be the better option and would likely have less compromises? The price would be about the same.