Posts by jackk100

Am I understanding this correctly? I send the Master out to our PA, Monitor out to my cab and the S/PDIF out to my Scarlett 18i20. When I turn the EQ knobs on the front of my Kemper, I'm expecting the changes to be reflected in what's going to the S/PDIF out, because that's how I'm dialing in the tone I want (in all outputs). Especially when turning EQ knobs for Liquid Profiles.

Is the S/PDIF out now (after a certain OS version) not getting my EQ changes? That would be bad :-0

Thanks!

I happen to also be trying to figure out if the Kemper can do something like that.

Hope so, but I haven't been able to figure out a way. I have an old POD Pro that was able to do it. The manual for that says that it was modeled after the "classic Fender tremolo", FWIW.

I suddenly started having these problems with my Unpowered Head and Remote pedalboard:

With guitar attached to the Front Input on the Head and the Remote attached:

1) 2 or 3 pops/clicks happen during startup
    2) tone coming through monitors does not have profiles applied, at all

I'm only getting what sounds like the direct guitar tone. I've tried switching between various profiles, and they all sound exactly the same, as if they are not being applied.

If I shut down, disconnect the Remote, then start up again, I still get the pops/clicks, but profiles work.

As far as I know, the hardware didn't suffer any abuse or anything since it worked last. IE: no one dropped the Head or Remote, etc. It's just been sitting there.

I tried swapping in a different POE ethernet cable, and that did not resolve the problem.

This all worked fine last I used it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

So... I created a Kemper Profile of the Tonex Capture directly from the Tonex pedal and it is a "perfect" match.

I don't have a Tonex pedal, but find this idea really interesting, considering that there are so many great sounding Tonex profiles. Mind saying what routing you're using, and whether you think it'd be possible to create a Kemper profile from the Tonex plugin (rather than the capture pedal)?

Thanks!

* PS I also bought a Bluetooth Midi adapter and hooked up my iPad setlist manager to send Midi commands on song selection which triggers the correct Kemper Performance slot for each song, so no more dancing on the bank switches between songs! :)

This sounds cool. Can you provide more detail on what bluetooth device you bought and what iPad setlist manager you're using? Thanks!

I'm trying the USB reamping and am basically hearing a terrible noise in my headphones, to the point where I'm a bit worried I'm going to damage something. Here's my setup:

Logic Pro, latest version, audio source set to Profiler for both Input and Output

Previously recorded DI track (in project with other tracks), set to no input, mono Output 1, solo'd

New mono audio track to record reamp to, set to Input 1, stereo out, muted

Rig manager Output: USB Reamping enabled, Direct Monitor on, Reamp Source Stack, DAW volume 1.8

Headphones plugged into front of Kemper unpowered head.

I hit play in Logic and hear a very distorted version of my DI signal, not especially loud or anything, but just fully blown out. I've tried reducing the DAW volume, but it made no discernible difference. I tried reducing the output level of the DW track in logic, also with no discernible difference. Granted, I didn't want to have it playing for more than a few seconds because it sounded like something was getting VERY overloaded.

Any advice? Thanks!

ps: I looked for vids about USB at the Kemper support site, but didn't find any (the 9.0 addendum mentioned them).

And, as a side note, I'm not seeing how I'm going to be able to monitor the rest of my tracks while doing this, if the DI track has to be solo'd. I would want to hear everything so that I can try different profiles, make various adjustments, etc, in realtime.

Any news on Rig Manager for iOS getting browse mode functionality?

I use the app regularly at rehearsals, but have to go to my head or desktop app to browse, which is quite a shortcoming.

Pretty please? Maybe in the new release coming up?

I have an 80’s Roland JC-120 that has 2 “Main In” jacks on the back. I’ve read that they bypass the amp’s preamps and that 2 preamped signals can be connected to them to use the amp’s 2 power amps/speakers.

I would like to try it, with the Kemper set to Monitor Stereo, but am not sure what level of signal comes out of the Kemper’s Monitor and Direct Output ports.

Would those outputs be safe/good for this application? What level of signal comes out of them? Can anyone advise? Thanks!

To use both cabinets in mono, could I do this?

- turn off the Cabinet setting globally

- connect the powered Kabinet to the Monitor out, with an imprint selected and stereo unticked

- connect the Marshall to the Direct Out, with output source set to Master Mono

I may also try #4 (stereo to the PA).

I’m also curious about the Camplifier SHP (Stereo High Power) module for the unpowered toaster and then 2 appropriate cabinets. Hard to find any testimonials for that. Ultimately, I think I’m going to like guitar speakers more than Kones (after a year of using the Kabinet).

Is it possible to use both of these at the same time for monitoring with an unpowered toaster?

Powered Kabinet

Marshall 50w combo (1x12) via Send input

I know they’ll sound different, but I’m ok with that: it’s just to get more sound into the room at band rehearsals, and a plus would be if I could use the toaster’s stereo effects across them.

I tried the Kab connected to my monitor out (my usual setup) and the Marshall via my Main out (left), but got no sound in the Marshall.

I do get sound in the Marshall if I connect it to the toaster’s monitor out, FYI. Sounds pretty nice, but then where to plugin the Kab?

Thanks for any advice!

Does anyone know of some good profiles for old school punk? Influences would be late 70’s Buzzcocks, Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, X-Ray Spex and, in particular, The Saints “Eternally Yours” album.

I am NOT looking for pop punk, Green Day, Blink 182, etc. Nor metal.

If not profiles, then tips/tricks for dialing in old school punk rhythm guitar tones?

Thanks!

I don't get why not being able to eq the SP/DiF would make you need to sell it. Just use the analog outs like thousands of pro users have successfully, You're ears won't be able to tell the difference.

In my case, our band's audio interface doesn't have any more analog inputs and it's been working great, thus far, for me to be using the S/PDIF (for a Git Studio and Master Mono tracking).

I don’t use the looper functions on my Kemper Remote. I’m wondering if there’s a way to reprogram them to control the transport controls in Logic Pro X running on my laptop? I’d love to be able to, at minimum, start and stop recording during band rehearsals, before and after playing a song.

Thanks!

Thanks. I guess I was overthinking it. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate the built-in switches on the expression pedals and no matter what I tried I couldn’t get them to do anything.

I ended up just not worrying about those. Instead I just used 2 TRS cables (in ports 5 and 6 on the footswitch) and set the first pedal to be for Volume only and the other pedal for Morph, Wah and Pitch.

Still don’t know how to use the switches, but satisfied for now :)

I bought a 2nd Mission Engineering EP1-KP expression pedal and have the 2 pedals connected to my Kemper footswitch ports like this:

Port 3: pedal 1 output 1 via TRS

Port 4: pedal 1 output 2 via TS

Port 5: pedal 2 output 1 via TRS

Port 6: pedal 2 output 2 via TS

I would like to be able to use the 2 pedals to control these effects:

Volume

Wah

Pitch

Morph

I’ve tried many things and have not been able to figure out how to do it. I haven’t been able to find a video tutorial nor written instructions.

Is this doable? Can anyone point me to directions or explain how to do it?

Thank you!

The communication is both ways between the iOS app and the Kemper OS on the head. Turn a knob on one and the knob’s position/value changes in the other. I can’t think of a place in the Kemper OS where a full list of profiles is shown without paging, which might be why it doesn’t (or can’t) exist in the iOS version. If all of this is correct, then I’m thinking that the Kemper OS would need an internal “get full list” function (a single sort, by name, would suffice) that the iOS app can call for showing lists in the various places that would benefit. There would also need to be a two-way sync when a rig name is edited in either OS.

Just some guesses. Only folks at a Kemper would know. Meanwhile, fingers crossed that listing rigs in iOS is coming soon!