Posts by Leperclown

To check that the fault is not with your Remote, try changing to a different Ethernet cable. Preferably a short (6 foot) CAT.5e. I found that all the short Cat.5e patch cables I had at home worked (but not all the long cables). Maybe, length of cable is an issue for the remote (if the cable isn't exactly as specced by Kemper).

Like you, my long cable worked fine up until I upgraded to v7.0.9.

I note that with this version, the power up sequence for the remote is quite different, with nothing happening with the remote until my Power Rack is almost fully booted up, then the Remote boots up.

It would save a lot of trouble if Kemper sold or recommended a specific brand of Ethernet Cable.

I just took a look at the remote ethercon connection with magnifying goggles and noticed a tiny thin dog hair and sprayed it out with compressed air and plugged in a short ethernet cable and the remote came on. I then plugged it in the way I normally do into the patch panel and the longer 10 meter ethercon and it came on for a while then the remote shut off. I plugged the shorter cable back in and it turned on again. I wonder since this always worked before the latest update and I know the longer the ethercon cable is good. Does the update maybe send less power to the ethernet port? I just ordered a POE from Amazon. I will have it tomorrow. I hope this is resolved!

Jon9max,

Check out my thread on the same issue. In my case, it was definitely the 3rd party Ethernet cable causing the issue after updating to v 7.0.9. The remote works fine with the "Original" Kemper Ethernet cable.

I guess not all Ethernet Cables are created equal ...

Cheers

Paul

I tested the Ethernet cables again and, with v 7.0.9, the Remote will only work with the "Original" Kemper Ethernet cable, not the '3rd Party' Ethernet cable (that worked ok on earlier OS versions??).

I guess the problem is solved.

All I need to do now is locate a seller of "Correct Kemper" Ethernet cables to ensure I have a back up or two.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

I have copied this from my 'parallel' thread.

Very strange ...

I tried using the Original Kemper Ethernet cable that came with the remote and the remote now works ok. (I have been using a 3rd party Ethernet cable for my home setup and the original Ethernet cable for practice/gigging). The 3rd party cable has worked perfectly before the upgrade.

Is there a specific type of Ethernet Cable that is "approved for use with the Kemper" that can be bought from a commercial outlet? If so, what aree the specs? I cannot locate a vendor that sells "Original" Kemper Ethernet cables.

Cheers!

Paul

Very strange ...

I tried using the Original Kemper Ethernet cable that came with the remote and the remote now works ok. (I have been using a 3rd party Ethernet cable for my home setup and the original Ethernet cable for practice/gigging). The 3rd party cable has worked perfectly before the upgrade.

Is there a specific type of Ethernet Cable that is "approved for use with the Kemper" that can be bought from a commercial outlet? If so, what aree the specs? I cannot locate a vendor that sells "Original" Kemper Ethernet cables.

Cheers!

Paul

Apologies, I opened a new thread for the same issue. Just saw the previous posts. My note to support is included below. Seems like exactly the same issue.

Hi all,

I have been running v 5.7.8 of the Operating System for the past few months with no issues (Power rack & Remote). This morning I upgraded to V 7.0.9.

• My Kemper Powerhead appears to operate perfectly (I love the new Power Boost feature that indicates output watts!)
    • My Remote starts to cycle through the booting up process (lots of flashing lights)
    • The last message I receive is "Performing Power Test"
    • The remote then goes dead

Any assistance would be much appreciated. (I will open a support query).

Cheers!

Paul

Hi all,

I have been running v 5.7.8 of the Operating System for the past few months with no issues (Power rack & Remote). This morning I upgraded to V 7.0.9.

• My Kemper Powerhead appears to operate perfectly (I love the new Power Boost feature that indicates output watts!)
    • My Remote starts to cycle through the booting up process (lots of flashing lights)
    • The last message I receive is "Performing Power Test"
    • The remote then goes dead

Any assistance would be much appreciated. (I will open a support query).

Cheers!

Paul

Hi all, many thanks for all the feedback. Answered my question.

I just bought a Polytune 3 (I have two of the original Polytunes - fantastic kit!).

The Polytune 3 has a light sensor that automatically adapts for various lighting conditions - similar in concept to what Kemper is driving at with the sensor on the remote. I wonder what is stopping Kemper activating the sensor?

BTW, I bought the Polytune 3 for two reasons:

(i) I love being able to check my tuning with a single strum; and

(ii) Since I got the Kemper & Remote I only use a tuner between my guitar and the Kemper. 2 x 20 feet is a long cable run and capacitance is an issue. The Polytune 3 has a very good built in buffer that resolves this issue.

Cheers!

Paul

Hi all, I recently bought a Kemper Power Rack and remote. Very happy so far.

It looks like there is an LED on top left corner of the remote (near Switch 3 plug, above and to the left of the Kemper logo). I was wondering what this LED is for.

Is it possible that it is an on/off indicator for switch 3?

Cheers!

Paul