Posts by BB2019

Kemper is awesome,i dont understand how some people dislike the Kemper;)

To my impression those people did not really spend time to understand what the Kemper does. And who did not get into the brilliant user interface and the sounds really deep.

But as usual: Let everybody decide for themselves what they like most and what they want to use :)

A little time setting up your profile sounds is the key.. The Kemper can sound too perfect or sterile which is great to record but I like to set up my sounds for a raw amp like sound. I want a little noise and feedback like an amp.

How do I do this?

In OSX where are the profiles stored?

Also, if not using a PC and I want to move profiles from USB to the Kemper, is there a way to select which to copy over instead of moving them all?

Oops.. Sorry read what your wrote fast. Wrong response above. I normally wipe my USB after I transfer to the Kemper so I can't help ya with that.

So today went to a jam with a few people. There was some great amps. A Bogner Shiva, a nice old Plexi, two Friedman BE100's, A Marshall DSL2000 100, a Mesa TC100, to name a few.. I ran against all with my Kemper, my Line 6 HX Effects through my Mesa 412 Road King..

I was proud and changed some minds on some who was their first time hearing a Kemper in person but were smirking when they saw my Kemper sitting there..

The responses were pretty consistent, "wow!", "That sounds like a real amp", "closing my eyes and listening blew me away"... Even the drummer was said, that sounds good!! ?

Myself playing through some of the amps there was nice but there is something that I enjoy more with my Kemper now. I am so used to it that a "real amp" doesn't really make me miss tubes. I was happy knowing that my Kemper is a part of me. I know I am Kemper for life. Kemperfide fan boy is all right by me.

Shout out to Deadlight Studio/Lars for the amazing Marshall JVM410 Freebie profiles on the rig exchange. A few were used today and everyone was jiving hard on them. Bravo!

Thanks guys/gals for the warm welcome.

I'm not sure if it's required but I feel the need to disclose that I currently own both Kemper (rack) and AxeFxIII. Hopefully, my future posts/opinions would not be perceived as favoring one company over the other.

Cheers.

Welcome!! I still use an amp at times.

Thank you for the new 6505 plus pack. The direct profiles are great with my Mesa RK412. Haven't tried all, been sick with the flu but tonight was able to play some. With a little quick tweak here and there. Some of the best 6505 profiles I have played through. Not over bearing as some. Great to adjust to taste! Thank you!

Lefty Dean Z Black Gold I recently picked up used for a good price. Apparently 1 of 12 left handed. I’m really surprised by the quality and craftsmanship of this guitar. Looks way better in person ! This plays as well as any guitar I own and since I changed out the dean pickups for gold EMG’s, it sounds as good too. Korean made guitars are great value for the price from my experience.

The Korean Deans are pretty great and well built guitars. Nice score!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Same here, I'm still on Windows 7 and my DAW and Video editing computer works like a fine Swiss timepiece. I would never upgrade to windows 10 right now. Guess I'll just have to keep editing on the unit itself which is fine with me. I was never one of the people crying for the editor.

I wasn't really caring either way as well. I have gone a while without it and have been ok. I do have Windows 8 and will download it later to check out over the weekend. Seems like something fun to try. An editor was never my make or break.

It's a really brutal sounding amp, extremely high gain with a tight and thumping bottom end. The sound of death metal. But it's not very versatile for other styles, so it may not be your cup of tea! Definitely not for vintage heavy tones, very modern sounding and aggressive.

That sounds amazing for what it's designed for. I love thick metal sounds too. But yes, I need some versatility. Lol.