Posts by Yoda Guitar

More people whined about the "need" for flats. It's a little short sighted to make the change without giving the user the option to choose between the 2.

My problem with Kemper is, that no distinction is made between updates (bug fixing) and upgrades (functional extensions).

What I expect from a manufacturer is that their product has fewer and fewer bugs over time. New features are constantly being added at Kemper, but the bugs remain or even get worse. I bought the product with a certain range of functions and do NOT expect any expansion, but I do expect error correction. The performance mode still doesn't work properly has gotten even worse, the confusing blinking of the tap button. The Kemper crashes when it receives too many MIDI commands. The volume settings are not saved in the output setting, but the -12dB switch is. And many other inconsistencies in the operation, let's not even talk about the rig manager.

I know but I feel that I just need a 2nd unit that does almost the same :)

It all depends on how many sounds you need and how close the replacement unit needs to be to the Kemper.
    If money dosn't matter, buy a 2nd Kemper and you will have a 100% replacement. Or a Fractal-FM3 or NC-QuadCortext, everything else is not equal.

No, i don't.

I don't have a recent ipad to play with Rig manager on tab. I assume this is the only use for Wifi ?!

Even if it would be the case, on stage, i wouldn't use it. My performances are made, i prefer only playing with my feet/hands to do the lasts settings...

I'm a rack user and had major problems with a Line6 Relay G55 in our mixing rack because there was also a wireless router to remotely control the RackMixer. So I switched to a StageClix System (5.8 GHz) but I think that company is out of business.
    So far I haven't found any manufacturer that makes products for the 5.8 GHz.
    The 800MHz (UHF) bands are mostly analog and have other problems like dynamic, noise, interference suppression.

I still don't understand this setup.

For each rig I can use the range parameter to set how the volume pedal should work.

I can also set the maximum rig volume in the rig menu.

If I need something else to play solo, I always have several options:

1st I can copy the rig into a new performance slot and adjust it to my needs.

2nd I can use a booster or distortion effect.

3rd I can morph, e.g. the rig volume and gain.

I never use the Volume Pedal to go from rythm to solo,

I mostly use the morph pedal because I need to adjust several parameters to cut through the band,
    loudness is probably the last parameter I use. EQ and Gain are my first choices.

For the monitor Volumen this is linked to the Master Volumen Knob.

The MainOut volumen is fixed set to -12dB.

If you're using the Stage with effects and expression pedals,
    I highly recommend using a pedalboard.
    Screw the Stage and your Pedals firmly onto the pedalboard.
    (I'm using Perforated Mounting Tape 19 mm x 10 m Plastic Coated Black)
    and use a plug adapter like this https://www.thomann.de/es/rockboard_mod_3.htm.

This helps to prevent premature defects in the plug connections.

I built a GPS tracker into my pedalboard, which is not easy to spot.
    https://www.amazon.es/rastread…caci%C3%B3n/dp/B07Q82Y3DC.

This helps also if someone try to rob your pedalboard backstage or from anywhere else.

Error code 2503 are most often caused by corrupted or missing dynamic library (DLL) files. The most common problem arises within the Windows Registry, where applications retrieve the locations of required DLLs. And since these are important files, if one of these files is missing, you don't know what could happen.

I strongly recommend not to fix Error Code 2503 errors manually.
    This could take hours, cause more harm than good, and ultimately may not fix the problem at hand.

The most recommended solution is to use a reliable software application that quickly detects and fixes Error Code 2503 errors.
    Programs like Outbyte PC Repair or RestoroRestoro run a variety of diagnostic and troubleshooting tests on your computer to diagnose and fix almost every known problem.

See also here https://wikifixes.com/en/errors/0x/2503

You don't need to register,
    Simple change the owner name in the system setup.

Press the SYSTEM button to access the global settings pages.
    Use the <PAGE> buttons to navigate through the various pages.
    Global settings do not change when you switch to another Rig.

Users of the PROFILER Stage can access pages related to pedal and external switch configurations via the PEDALS button.

LCD / HW Setup / Brightness / User Interface

On the LCD / HW Setup page you can control the settings for the display and adjust the “Line Frequency” parameter.

Press the soft button labeled “Startup Dialog” to enter the menu where you can enter your name and set current time and date.
    Whenever you create your own PROFILEs, the “Rig Author” tag will default to the Owner Name.
    The “Startup Dialog” appears automatically when the PROFILER is started for the first time.

Using the soft button labeled “Edit Owner” you can edit the Owner Name and assign a Device Name to your PROFILER.
    Assigning unique Device Names is useful if you intend to connect and manage multiple PROFILER units with the Rig Manager application.

Yes Burkhard

but from day 1 you edited the rigs on the profiler in the device itself, there was no editor in RM.

So you couldn't change anything in the background on the profiler when editing the rig.

To compare this to your PC example, it's like opening a document for editing and as you edit it the file manager changes the current folder or copies and overwrites another document (with the same name) to this one Location.

In Windows / OSX or any other operating system, the file will be blocked when you open it for editing to prevent exactly this conflict.

In RM there is no look, the last write happens and overwrites.