Posts by Yoda Guitar

I had the same experience with my MOTU Ultralite MK5 and Mac Mini. After several months of troubleshooting MOTU support we found that the issue only happened when connecting directly to the Mac via USB. If I connected via a powered USB hub everything works perfectly. There seems to be something funny happening with Mac USB not managing sleep properly recently.

I will repeat this test with a POWERED USB Hub. I tried this with direct connection and unpowered USB Hub. Same result.
    My Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 2nd generation works fine without any issues.

I don't know how to send the debug log to the dev group, because the Beta Form no longer exists.

I figured out that some thing went wrong in the

USB dxd - dynax driver framework

Special if the MAC ( or PC also) goes to sleep and wake up again, or the the Kemper is started before Rigmanager starts you get a connection error.
    The onlyway to work around is to unplug the USB cable and replug it after some seconds.

Hereby some snippets from the RM log (debuglog).

What would be the best way to connect the OX stomp with the stage?

same as you any other modeler device

Universal Audio
    Check out the latest videos from Universal Audio! UA's product demo videos are educational and entertaining, while the interviews are informative and…
    www.youtube.com

Personally, I don't see any need to use something like this in combination with the KPA or. It just makes everything more complicated.

Another situation and here too a Performance / Settlist export import could be helpfull.

If, like me, you play in different cover bands that have completely different setlists, an export/import function would help. Either in the Kemper or in the Rig Manager.

I have to reassign the performances with the rig manager before every event or rehearsal. Since we have MIDI-controlled program changes for two bands, I sit for up to an hour each time to get everything running again.

If the data was corrupted, a backup doesn't really help since it includes the corrupted data then.

my contribution to this,

I always start the KPA with the Rig button pressed to initiate a content check before saving my KPA.

This should be a process step that is performed automatically by the backup process. In my opinion, there is no point in saving corrupted data in the backup file.

For everyone experimenting with beta versions:

1. The purpose of a public beta is to find and eliminate as many bugs as possible before it is rolled out to a broad customer audience.

2. If you want to deal with beta versions, you must be well versed in the security measures such as backup and restore and you must accept that bugs are always errors and can lead to the system having to be completely reinstalled. So if you don't really know your way around your Computer Operatingsystem and your Kemper or if you only have one Kemper that you depend on, you should stay away from it.

3. Anyone who works with beta software should ultimately know how to report errors and what the process looks like.

Errors should always be logged so that a developer can clearly recreate them. So cell phone video or error log step by step.

4. And above all, this forum is NOT the right place to report bugs, nor to submit a support ticket, as support primarily deals with stable versions and customer support.

Kemper has been setting up a beta test portal for years and please use it!

Link to the Beta Test Portal:

Homepage | Kemper Amps

you can create an empty folder structure by using rsync on Mac,
    than you have to import the profiles manually by drag and drop.

Close RM and create the empty folder structure. then restart RM an you will see an empty folder structure like the original on.
    I din't test the windows version because I'm a MAC user, this is rewritten by AI.

Code
    rsync -av -f"+ */" -f"- *" ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/PACK-PAYED/ToneJunkie_Everything_Pack ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager/Local\ Library/ToneJunkie_Everything_Pack

In Windows, replicating the behavior of the rsync command used in Linux to create an empty folder structure requires a different approach, as Windows doesn't have a built-in rsync function. However, you can achieve similar results by using a script to copy only the folder structure (excluding files). Here's how you can do it with a PowerShell script:

First, open PowerShell. You can do this by searching for "PowerShell" in the Start menu or by pressing Win + R, typing "powershell," and pressing Enter.

You can navigate to the directory where you want the script to run or otherwise specify full paths in the script itself.

You can execute the following script line by line, or you can paste the entire script into a text file with the .ps1 extension (e.g., Copy-FolderStructure.ps1) and then run it in PowerShell.

Make sure to replace "C:\Users\YourUsername\Dropbox\_Kemper\PACK-PAYED\ToneJunkie_Everything_Pack"

and "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\Local Library\ToneJunkie_Everything_Pack" with your actual source and destination paths.

This script gets all folders in the source directory and recreates the same structure in the target directory without copying any files. If you're not comfortable running scripts, you may need to adjust your PowerShell execution policy settings or consult with someone who is familiar with scripting. Also, remember to back up important data before running scripts or commands that modify your file system to prevent data loss.

I personal don't like this system because it runs on the 2,4 GHz Wlan frequency.
    I'm using a 5,8 GHz frequency
    I have the Nux C-5RC Wireless System check it out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why I can't no longer manage performance slots in the performance local library in Rigmanger when Kemper is turned off or offline?
    That all worked once.
    Now I get an error message. Creating a new performance still works, but when I want to copy a rig to a slot the rig manager complains that the Kemper has to be connected and in performance mode.
    I don't want to edit the rig, I just want to copy redy to use rigs to the slots.
    Can some one double check this ?

THX