Posts by Yoda Guitar

Sorry to say ...

Copied a rig via RM vom Local Library to a Performance Slot. via Copy Past

Nothing happened on KPA.

It shows on RM the new RIG takes place at the slot, but noting to see on KPA.

If you then use the Brows knob on KPA to select a Rig from the Browse Pool the KPA Hangs. (no crash but ist still don't react any more)

If you do the same as before and select some other performances RM the RM crashes.

Moving a performance from a lower number to a higher number in the list (by drag and drop) the numbering is wrong you have than the same number twice.

Is it too much to expect to test the basics before releasing anything?

I found that out in 10 minutes by normal use ...

Nicht jeder hat bei jedem Gig eine/-n Soundmann/-frau dabei.

Richtig, dann sollte es einen in der Band geben der für den Sound zuständig ist. Will sagen ein Soundcheck wird immer an der Location gemacht, nicht im Proberaum. Der Mixer macht den EQ für alle, und nicht am Amp oder Kemper, der sollte immer liefern was er liefern kann. Wer am Kemper Frequenzen wegdrückt, kann sie am Mixer nur noch bedingt reindrehen (wech is wech). Wenn der Laden dann voll wird, werden bestimmte Frequenzen durch das Publikum geschluckt, wenn die dann schon am Kemper / Amp weggeregelt wurden, dann sind sie weg. Und dann Heist es wieder "das klingt alles so muffig" und "Die Gitarre setzt sich garnicht durch".

This was on the list with different symptoms for a while, it is our plan to fix this for the next version now.

Okay I think I get it, finally :D The editor shows it all right, but the Rig Manager inspector and Cabinet Columns don't revert when using COPY/PASTE buttons.. Might be a side effect of something else, so I'll write it down and see if it continues after the next few changes. Thanks for the effort to make it reproducible :)

Hi kriwat
    I don't understand the concept when moving around performances.
    In the "OLD WORLD" each Performance is assigned to a Number in the KPA.

You can also select this Number by MIDI CC47. and this was also the reason to have a fix amount of performance Number and Slots in the KPA.
    Now when I move a performance to an other Position, all other Performances will be renumbered to new positions.
    E.G. when I move a performance from Position 1 to Position 5 , Pos2 gets Pos1 and Pos3 gets Pos2 and so on.
    I don't think that this was the Idea of the original concept.
    Because then means the MIDI assignment on an external device also has to change its CC numbers for all performances.
    IMHO renumbering the performances is a bad idea i think.

I remember in the "OLD WORLD" when you move a performance (by Drag and Drop) to a new position, the new position was overwritten with this new one but also stays on its old position. So it was a copied and overwrite to the new position. Performances that are not involved stays in place and are not touched anyway. This is much more transparent for the User.

Sorry for too much information. Watch and listen the 2 videos ( NOISE BUZZ 1, NOISE BUZZ 2) and you can see what I'm facing. Maybe it helps you!

https://drive.google.com/drive…g15CuOETOJNfqKebw0v0KsaXH

This sounds to me like a hardware problem coming from a switched-mode power supply.

Did you send this Video to Kemper Support ?

I don't want to suspect anyone,
    but is it possible that there are a few retailers who simply send defective devices to the next customer
    instead of sending them back to Kemper?

Is it possible to find out something like that? e.g. with the serial number?

Ja das wird interessant.

Die Fehlermeldung sagt ja eine Externe Komponent hat eine Exception ausgelöst.

Damit direkt bei Kemper melden.
    Im Rheinland ist zwar Karneval und somit Feiertag, aber es wird hoffentlich jemand ans telefon gehen.

Der Rigmanager schreibt ein Debug Logfile, das sieht mir nach einem Treiberproblem aus.

Der Indexfehler ist ein Folgefehler sieht so aus als ob der RM die

Datenbank des Kempers nicht lesen kann da er keine Verbindung aufbauen kann.

"Allerdings macht er einen JIT-Debugger Hinweis" was sagt den der JIT-Debugger, meistens fehlen DLL's oder der USB Treiber wurde mangels fehlender Berechtigungen nicht richtig installiert.

Die Rigmanger Installation sollte im Admin Modus ausgeführt werden. (Sollte die Batchdatei eigentlich machen) Wenn du die .msi Datei direkt ausführst und kein Admin bist, kann es zu Problemen kommen.

Du solltest Im Geräte Manager den angeschlossen Kemper sehen, Wenn da ein Gelbes Ausrufzeichen mit unbekanntem USB Gerät steht, ist der Treiber nicht installiert.

Wenn alles nichts hilft Kemper Support https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact da kann man auch anrufen.

Bitte auch hier lesen:
    Probleme Installation Rig Manager

Fangen wir doch mal ganz von vorne an.

1. Windows 10 richtig ? dann 64Bit oder 32 Bit ? wenn du einen 32 bit RM auf einem 64Bit Windows laufen lässt funktioniert er nicht.
    2. Die C++ Runtime DLL auf dem neusten Stand?

3. Im Geräte Manager prüfen ob die USB Schnittstellentreiber richtig funktionieren.

4. AntivirenSoftware ? soll ja auch manchmal Programmteile blockieren wenn diese nicht richtig signiert sind.

5. Hardware USB Kabel ?

Probably a dumb question, but did you report the problem through the official channels so that they have it on their list to fix?

Yes I did also including a Video that shows the issue.
    I send it to th support and later on i made a post in the german forum section.

I never got any response from support so I think they now it.

The mistake is so obvious that everyone should notice it.

Double-click any performance and drag and drop the table down (higher performance number). You will see that the Kemper gets mixed up. You can see it from the performance number on the RM and the KAP. If you then save or continue editing and then save, the data is gone and if you are unlucky then another performance will be overridden.

I installed version 3.0.100 and after 10 minutes of testing I'm back to version 6.

Since version 7.15 and RM 2.1.74 (December 6th 2019) there is a bug when sorting performances with the Rigmanager.

This is also the reason that someone claims that performances are lost or that the sorting is no longer correct.

Do the following steps:

1. KPA - Performance Mode

2. RM - Select a performance on the KPA with a double click (e.g. Performance 1)

3. RM - Now move this performance to a higher memory number using drag and drop, for example. on (Performance 5).

Question:

What number do you see on the Kemper?

What number do you see on the RM?

What happens if I now press save on the KPA?

That I can not explain. Not even sure they meant to put it out at this point since there has been no announcement. I would think that they would make a big deal about it once it went to public release since it is a huge project essentially completed.

But they released the KAOS 7.1.19 witch needs the RM3.

From the Website:
    PROFILER Operating System 7.1.19
    KEMPER Rig Manager™ 3.0.100 or higher is required to communicate with this operating system version.

Hi,

my advise ... beta means beta means not bug free... so go for the latest official release without editor.

checkout the beta discussion before you decide to play this game. no risk no fun ...
    OS7 Public Beta Discussion

From the manual page 122:

“Pedal Type 1” is also preselected, which fits nearly all regular expression pedals. If you are using an expression
    pedal with reversed polarity (e.g. Yamaha™), please select “Pedal Type 2”. Wrong polarity could cause a suboptimal response curve.

So if you select type 1 and in calibration you see that is goes in then wrong direction heel pos 100 toe pos 0 .

By the way ...
    please shorten the wires and solder the resistor directly to the potentiometer. The wires fall around in the case and will break. They are also much more sensitive to electrical interference. And you don’t need to tape the soldering points with insulating tape.

Hi Kemper,

What about the possibility to control the looper volume with an expression pedal?

Also I can set the looper volume to a minimum of -12dB,

But I would like to have the opportunity to fadeout completely the looper .

Wie sieht es mit der Möglichkeit aus die Looper Lautstärke mit einem Expression pedal zu steuern ?

Die Looper Lautstärke kann ich minimal auf -12dB einstellen,

Ich möchte aber gerne die möglichkeit haben den Looper auszufaden.

THX

You can still upgrade your MAC for free to Mojave or Catalina.

If your Mac seems to be too old go for the MAC Patcher. It works fine I Patched 3 old MAC from 2009 without any problem.

http://dosdude1.com/software.html

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is no excuse to hang out with the dinosaurs.

Wer sagt da was von Plug and Play?
    MIDI ist nie Plug and Play.
    Da hättest du besser eine Remote dazu gekauft, oder gleich eine KPA-Stage.

Die Suchfunktion ist dein Freund... wurde alles schon oft diskutiert.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/wb…ght=Fcb1010+configuration

https://www.youtube.com/user/E…ndLLC/search?query=kemper

https://www.youtube.com/result…ery=kemper+midi+steuerung
    https://www.youtube.com/result…_query=fcb1010+uno+kemper