Posts by paddyc

Justa couple of comments that might help on this early part of your Journey:

1) For live either get the FCB1010 which is fairly cheap or invest in the remote

2) once you set up performance mode, you'll find saving and changing rigs easy as they are specific to the performance

3) For monitoring the world is your oyster. FRFR is good because it will effectively mimic the FOH sound, but some people don;t get on with it. I would suggets you try your carvin but make sure you audition your profiles through FRFR so you really know what they will sound like. The reason I say this is I used to use a guitar cab but when I went direct it sounded pants. That's because the guitar cab had smoothed out the sound so much, it masked duff profiles.

4) Look at Morph - it will add additional flexibility live. have all my base sounds in one performance and use morph to add additional boost ( for example) just for riffs. I have a separate solo sound which I morph will extra delay and reverb for slow solo passages...works very well!

Hi Bud, sorry for the necro bump, was hoping you could help. Just acquired a 1010 with eureka upgrade. All is fine apart from the inside expression pedal which doesn't cycle through the full midi note range. The outside pedal is set for volume and is fine. As I have a better expression pedal I can use for wah and pitch, I was hoping to use the inside pedal for morphing which it would work perfectly for with the reduced midi note range.

When I try to programme it - (Bank 1, cc 11, it still only changes the wah on the kemper. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

I'm beta chicken, probably because I don't know enough to sort things out if they went south.

I have to say thank you to the Kemper team (and all you crazy beta dudes) though.

These updates and the delay / verb updates may have been enough for some mfr's to tout a new model.

Every year this thing gets better value for money, not worse (especially combined with some of the newer profiles available from some of the big hitters). I can't say that about any single piece of studio gear I've bought in the past

Sorry not much help with the new drive discussion here lol

Same problem here... Cannot import a kipr file into rig manager. We are 10 months later. Still not solution to this problem?

Not sure if you're already doing this, don't want to teach you to suck eggs, here's what works for me. It seems I can only drag these files into an area under rigs - e.g Rigs >Local Library, or if you're hooked up to the profiler drag them straight into the profiler window which will then load them direct on to the profiler. Is this how you are doing it?

He mean the transposer

Yes. haven't been able to get back to fire the Kemper up but that is it. Goes up as well as down

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Normally scratch guitar track, get drums and bass playing nicely, then any other instruments such as keys. Lastly guitars ( rhythm / lead) and backing vox. Last of all lead vox.

Try and get guitar down in 1 or 2 takes.

Interested in going the re-amp route in future though as haven't use the Kemper on any "real" recordings yet - although worried might need to try all 16,000 profiles on rig exchange in order to make a decision :)

last night was playing with my new SLO pack from Guido, I found a tuning adjuster added in one of the stomp slots - instant Eb if you want it, or even better natural sounding harmonies for double tracking. Didn't even know it was available lol.

I really dig the verb / delays since the updates too - oh, plus some gentle ducking where needed.

The latest Marshall pack should be better. The three free profiles I've tried are very good. The Purple 68 did not satisfy much.

I wanted to like these purple profiles as had the original, but yeah, didn't have the sound my half cooked brain remembers from my old one - but then maybe all the old amps would sound different anyway. This profile game is never cut and dried.

True story - bought Reampzone's Dumble profiles and immediately wrote a new song with profile number 79.

This is what happens with great tones ...

Have a listen to Marco Petta playing through some of them on the toob ..

Will probably snag the TJ ones too -