Posts by paddyc

gotcha - the only thing might be useful is a cheap expression pedal or 2, for the morph feature and volume if you want it. The Kemper foot controller gives loads of options, but for a studio you can probably live without it, although they do give more flexibility for switching effects etc.

If you want to use a cab with an unpowered Kemper you will either need a powered frfr type cab (or Kemper Kab) or an outboard power amp to use with unpowered cabs which can be pretty inexpensive too.

I'm still on a Kemper journey myself - same reasons as you, so excuse me for showing off my huge wealth of knowledge :D:D

But fire away, someone here will know the answers you need.

So, you have the Kemper. That's the best purchase for you studio already out the way. You need an interface to hook the Kemper up to the computer if you want to record (assuming you aren't going to use a standalone 8 or 16 track)You have the option of spdif or analogue connection between the Kemper and your interface and will need the relevant cables. Interfaces connect to the computer via usb cable or similar. You can spend as much or as little as you want on an interface, eg behringer make usable cheap interfaces but do a bit of research, as there are plenty of options - I use Audient . You might only need a couple of line level inputs but you can get more. You'll need a DAW, again, lots of choice there, I use Reaper on a paid licence, but you trial it for an unspecified time free.

As far as pedals, presume you mean effect pedals - Kemper is already loaded with fantastic ones.

There's a lot of very experienced guys on here who will be able to advise way more than I can.

Have fun.

Yes, sorry you are right - unfortunately I did not found the time.
    It's a personal thing but I had to care a lot for my parents the last two years.
    Since my father past away this year and my mother got a stoke after this - and moved now to an elderly home - I hope to find some more time next year.

I am sure not everybody owns all our packs - so this offer is for them ...

... and next year comes something for you :)

Sorry for your loss. Best Wishes.

That said, the Kemper sounds compressed. I really hate this sound because it seems like it would be an easy fix. Just remove whatever auto-gain circuit is being used to level profiles. Hopefully the end result of this video is Kemper cleaning up their sound in the next update.

The Kemper sounds amazing. And it is the best Ecosystem out there. But it could be even better very easily. For now I will keep adding clean mix to make up for the compressed sound.

I did hear it in that video clip.

I'm wondering if the Kemper compression varies with different amp profiles (I'm asking as it's not something I immediately noticed when I play my Kemper, although I have heard other people comment on this)? I know amp designs and tube choice ( and speaker design) can add compression to different degrees.

I'm greedy, some hang and others sit in floor racks. Might be imagining it, but the hung ones seem to stay in tune better.

For the wall plate if you go that way, you can buy a cheap battery stud finder so you don't make unnecessary holes in your walls. Some of them have cable /pipe finders as well, useful bit of kit to keep in your workshop :thumbup:

I've been wracking my brain for some time now with this question. I have a theory that the environment inside the tube as the sound is converted to voltage and amplified by the tube that harmonics (or something) are being added to what eventually is emitted from the speaker as sound. I'm thinking that the electrons as they are emitted from the cathode and pass through the grid and hit the plate inside a glass tube are being supplemented with harmonics relative to the glass surroundings and the metal filament ( the grid) and I'm wondering if amp models account for this if not I'm hoping they could.

Hence we use Kempers. Once a tube amp has been profiled, the tube and or speaker behaviour are nicely captured and available for our perusal. Modellers would probably use math formulae to mimic the behaviour.

There is something very ugly with the profiles / rigs I am using. This is a fluttering tone dying when you let the last hitted note standing. It is some kind of ugly, unnaturally wave (up/down loudness) instead a smooth, gradually dying tone. Are there any means or parameters to overcome this? Is it an effect of reverb?

Anyone else who noticed this?

I did have a problem that sounds similar, turned out the TS cable I used was the wrong impedance - a dedicated quality guitar cable fixed this for me - might be worth checking?

Just had a beer and a chat with Chris. Next update is a heads up display, raise your right eyebrow to increase volume, left eyebrow up and down controls wah. I've got some headsets on my gofundme page.

I've never heard of a difference between a TS cable and an Instrument cable except for the conductor size. I believe those two types are synonymous (TS vs Instrument). No?

I thought the same, especially as most of my mic cables are XLR not TS. I grabbed a bunch of these TS ones when I was in the shop without even checking.

Bit of a schoolboy error on my part, just thought I'd share for any other users if similar issues.

A recent thread on connecting the Kemper to amps etc emphasised using the correct cables. Fairly recently one of my guitar cables had broken, so I just grabbed a brand new TS cable I had in my drawer. I noticed I was getting a lot of static type noise on note decay and reverb tails, which was driving me mad, I was messing with noise gates and getting frustrated thinking something had gone wrong with the Kemper. After reading the aforementioned thread a dim bulb lit in my dim head..

Looking at the cable it was a microphone TS cable. So, not all TS cables are equal!

I dug out one of my old guitar cables I use for gigging - hey presto, don't even need a noise gate now for most profiles I use.

TL;DR use the right cables / leads :S