Posts by paddyc

Im not really that keen. I already bought one and it will go back if needed. Already have a Fractal, helix and kemper. Some people own tons of guitars and amps. I like modelers. He's actually just listening to the demand of the public and responding directly. I think it simply shows his dedication to the product. Its isn't beta at all is it deals with feature requests. Idea, design, build, POC, alpha test, loop, beta test, loop

How long have you had your Kemper?

Come March we'll see what the general public has to say but the CEO is already building new firmware based on forum requests.

In other words NDSP are beta testing via YouTube. That in itself would be a concern for some.

I get you are keen on this, but some things just don't add up.

you can actually mod a guitar pickup configuration specifically to give cocked wah option.

One thing I've noticed from various studio forums is that "collectors of gear" do not always spend the time to actually learn how to use a specific piece, but will immediately plan to buy the next thing.

But then we all like shiny new gear lol ...

I'm certainly not an advocate for a Kemper 2 "just because". But what makes you so sure a Kemper Profiler 2 would not justify the investment? All I read from your post is "money, money, money" ... money you don't have in your pocket anyway because you have spent it on the Kemper Profiler already. You want to sell it and get most of your money back? Sell it now. But what will you replace it with? Or you want to keep it? Then what's the fuss about money? I have a hard time understanding you. ;)

Actually the release of a "Kemper 2" could have a lot more connotations. Historically firms that upgrade their hardware will stop supporting legacy gear at some point, probably because it then becomes expensive and counter - productive to do so. I think we are extremely fortunate to have Kemper not take the historic business model, and actually continue support and upgrades for 10+ years.

Most people that have purchased a Kemper in the last many years know exactly what they are getting and chose it because of that.

This thread is a better advert for The Gear Page than the QC - I'd not really bothered looking there before.

Entertaining....

PS has anyone ever seen Doug Castro and Steven Slate in the same room? 8o

Just wondering - it's taken 10+ years for someone to employ similar tech to the Kemper for profiling an amp. There are profile "players"such as THU already.

Break-throughs seem to snowball rapidly in tech, wonder now how long it will take someone like Line 6 to bring their own "improved" version of the QC profiler to the table?

I wouldn't have thought a rack version would be too far in the wings - after all line 6 and v-amp did this.

I've got a rack Kemper with flightcase when needed. I can't think of a better form for studio and gigging. Love the thing!

I think it is a great first effort. A few years from now it could be quite interesting.

Maybe.

Modelling wise it's not quite an axe3.

Effect wise it's not quite a Helix.

As a profiler it's not quite a Kemper.

Price wise it's too much. My opinion of course. :saint:Yours may vary.

PS no need to block people who disagree with you, this is the Kemper forums.

i did notice though that Rhett said the signal chain included a Fairchild compressor emulation in Luna. Kemper is pretty explicit in stating that compression shouldn’t be used when profiling so that may have contributed to the KPA profile’s slightly muffled tone.

This ^^^

I only listened once to the YT vid not the wav's - initial impression was that the QC was a tad louder (maybe it was just the top end I was noticing). And did he re-amp the same take back through the amp / devices or play them real time - the Kemper take felt different - maybe just me?

Anyways, interesting new tech. Will see where Kemper goes from here on, pretty sure they won't just roll over.

Hi everyone, I assigned the Pitch Shifter from my Kemper to my Fcb1010 to pedal A but I often have to calibrate it because it doesn't go back to 0 ... from the maximum expression 127 when I bring the pedal back to 0 it stays at 8/9 and obviously the guitar tuning does not return ..... what can I do? thanks

The 1010 pedals are really cheaply made, hence problems with calibration. The easiest option is to buy a cheap expression pedal such as the Nektar NX-P. or even better buy 2!

Hey - similar setup except I've got the Eureka prom mod 1010. For some reason it doesn't allow easy setup of the pedals, which are pretty much fixed for volume and wah ( and pretty cheaply designed!) so I just use the volume pedal on this if I ever need it.

For morphing I bought a Nektar NX-P. Cheap as chips and works fine.

As you can plug in 2 expression pedals I also use my Pigtronix for wah and pitch which gives great control.

Pretty comprehensive set up now :thumbup:

as clearly stated on the front page of our website the customer support team works between Monday to Friday. The OP has sent 147 emails between Saturday and Sunday mostly consisting of insults and threats.

Regardless of this we did reply this morning offering to help.

Didn't doubt you would try to help for a minute. Appreciate what you guys do :thumbup: