Posts by JSJSJS

I don’t know if technicians/programmers working for Kemper even read these posts but if they do I’m pretty confident in that they understand the function we are asking for since it has been described in detail with concrete examples several times.

However, if there is a better describing name for this function, let’s use that instead.
    As long as it does the job I’m happy ?

Happy to hear yet another user asking for this.

This function has been asked for at least since 2015 but has not been implemented and I haven't seen any reason why.

Here are some other threads on the same subject:

Lock per Performance

Lock mode is awesome! But in Performance mode I'm frustrated with it...

Personally I use the overall LOCK-function for some effects/functions like volume boost, wah... and so on which I want to have instant access to in every Performance and I want them to stay on/off even if I jump between slots for different gain/amp-settings.

The problem is that if I lock let's say Delay, then it's locked on every Performance and I can't even have different delay times or types set in different Performances.

I think the effects in the Kemper overall are very good, it's the handling and programability that is limited.

You can do this in the Helix so I'm sure it's doable with a software tweak in the Kemper also.

Until we get this (if we do?) I have put a Line6 HX Effects in a loop on the Kemper.

In the HX FX I can have presets for specific sounds/songs (U2 songs w.specific delays, talkbox, pitch shifters, country-presets with slapjack delays, big spacey reverbs, auto wah and other filters... and so on).

This setup works fine but if there was a "Lock per performance"-choice in the Kemper I could get rid of the HX FX and have the same freedom with the Kemper only. Since I have 2 Kempers (1 stage for gigs and 1 rack in studio) it would be even better to have the exact same sounds and convenience with both rigs.

I really hope for this function in an update soon and those who don't have the need for it can just leave it off.

When I activate LOOPER or TUNER on remote/stage the LED light underneath the button lights up as usual.

Since I don't need the looper and can activate the tuner with my Mission pedal in heel mode I choose to have these buttons controlling other FX on/off.

This works fine BUT... the LED lights are dead and not lit when active.

It would be nice to have these LEDs show the status on/off, if possible in the color according to the chosen effect type but only white is fine too. As long as you can see if it's on or off.

Thanks.

Please make the option to choose between "Lock slot in all Performances" and "Lock slot per performance".

This function has been asked for at least since 2015 but in another thread:

Lock mode is awesome! But in Performance mode I'm frustrated with it...

I play many different styles of music incl. lots of cover gigs.

My solution now is to run Kemper with some bread and butter effects locked (chorus, tremolo, delay, volume boost, wah...) and complement the Kemper with a Line 6 HX Effects where I program patches with more style/song-specific settings like pitch effects in different keys, different delays (U2, slapback for country), talkbox simulations, flanger, big reverbs...

The effects in Kemper are good so it seems a little silly and unnecessary to have to run another unit beside it only because you can't choose different effects with different settings in different Performances when using the Lock-function.

Thanks in advance.

If you could lock effect modules just within a Performance, how would that work, when you enter that Performance? Nothing is restricting you to maintain exactly the same effects in all five Slots. So the locked starting scenario would depend on the Slot you start with? So for example if you load Slot 1 first, module A with a Compressor and module DLY with a Single Delay get locked until you leave that Performance and if you load Slot 4 first, module A with a Booster and module DLY with a Melody Delay get locked until you leave the Performance? Or could even the locks vary by entry Slot? While Slot 1 locks module A and DLY, Slot 4 locks module B and REV?

I'm wondering if what you have an mind could be achieved by a global option "Maintain On/Off State of all Modules within Performance". Then it's up to you, if you store the Slots with identical or different effects.

Burkhard : What you suggest could be nice to have but is far more advanced than what I was looking for.

To me it would be enough if it was possible to lock the state of chosen modules in a Performance as long as the Performance is active. The starting values (on/off) for the locked modules could be saved per Performance so they are the same regardless of which Slot you start with.

Let's say we recall Perfomance 01 that have modules A:Tremolo (off) and REV:Room reverb (on) locked.

We start with Slot 1 (clean) and activate A: Tremolo.

We then jump to Slot 2 which has a little more crunch/gain (Tremolo and Reverb is still active.)

We jump to Slot 3 which has even more gain but also adds the DEL: Short delay 120ms. (Tremolo and Reverb still active)

We jump to Slot 4 which also has the DEL active but this time with a Long delay 800ms. (Since the DEL-module is not locked in this Performance it can change delay-type (or even effects-type), delay-time and all other parameters.

We go back to Slot 1 and the DEL turns off since it isn't stored in the Rig in Slot 1.(Tremolo and Reverb still active).

If we then recall Performance 02 we can have a totally different setup, maybe A: Compressor (locked in this Performance) B: Chorus (not locked, only present and active in Slot 2... and so on.

The possibilities are endless but this would be a good and quite easy to handle function to start with.

There is a huge difference in convenience between locking chosen effect-slots in a performance versus having to set up multiple rigs in different performances just to have different combinations of effect-states stay on or off.

I just bought a Line 6 HX Effects to complement the Stage to get around this and it works fine running them together but it would be much easier to have it all in one box.

The bottom line should be: If users have a need for a function that would make an otherwise good product even better and easy to use and it only requires a slight tweak of an already existing function, I can't see why it should not be implemented?

I bought a Kemper a week ago and this is exactly what I need too so I really hope for an update like this. (It should really be an easy software fix.)

I've been using a 4-channel amp (for 4 different characteristics and gain levels) in combination with a Helix for FX.

The FX have been programmed as one default preset + individual song presets. Every preset has the option of turning individual FX on/off in that preset and the amp is switchable 4 buttons for the channels + master volume level A/B and reverb on/off.

With a more flexible lock-function I could basically achieve all that with the Kemper and remote.

So, what I hope for is a function of "lock per Performance" or maybe even "lock a chosen group of slots" in a performance.