Posts by Aloof01

Try to change MIDI Global Channel to omni or any other channel and change it back to Omni (Sytem ->page 15)

Tried that, not working. Tried it with my Strymon Mobius, still not working...

So I tried it with my Whammy and I followed the step by step explanations of the video tutorial on the kemper homepage. Of course, it's not working either but I noticed that on the video when you select edit > slot settings > MIDI settings, the second knob below the screen should read Program Change and not MIDI Message like in mine ! So I guess that there lies the problem ! Any idea on that ?

Screenshot of the video :

My Kemper :

1. Have you tried to switch on system page 14 with softbutton 1 A: to Midi Thru or you have tried only to connect cable to midi thru?

2. Make sure to save slot and performance after editing. If that not helps i would contact support.

Yeah I tried all that and whatever combination possible... Still doesn't work. Thanks for your help anyway ! I don't know if the problem comes from the KPA or from the Meris pedal but I'll contact both support. Thanks again.

looks ok to me. Try to change it to midi thru and connect interface midi in to kpa midi thru and observe midi monitor.

Once again thank you for helping out but it still doesn't work. Whether I plug MIDI OUT or THRU, no PC goes to the pedal. And MIDI Monitor only reads active sense.

Here's a screenshot of the MIDI Transmit page, when I turn MIDI message, nothing changes on the pedal. Pff...

You can disable Logic. Look for program change commands when you change the slots on the kpa. (Also disable ui to midi feature) Try to post a screen frombthe app here. Check if the pc numbers are the same as you selected for the slots.

Ok.

So I'm in performance mode. UI to MIDI disabled. Logic closed. There are 4 active slots identified as MIDI Prg #111 to MIDI Prg #114. This is what I get in the app :

Nothing changes much in the app when I selected different slots, except when tempo is enabled. I don't see the PC numbers in the app. When I select only "program" in the filter section of the app, there are no information.

Try with this app: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

in the sources options select your MIDI device

Well, I tried the snoize app and it seems that a lot of midi info are coming in when the KPA is connected and Logic is running. A lot of clock information and other types as well as soon as I change slots. It all stops when I disconnect the KPA of course.

So I guess the signal is coming in.

So, how is that going to help me make my Ottobit respond to PC messages, that's what I'm wondering now....:)

you need a MIDI/USB cable to connect the PROFILER to your computer.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/swissonic_midiconnect_2.htm

In Logic you have to setup a MIDI track and record the data that is coming from the PROFILER MIDI out when you switch slots. You should find the corresponding MIDI program changes that you have assigned to the slots in the recorded track when you look at the event list editor.

Hi,

So I have the MIDI/USB cable. I plug MIDI out and Midi IN of the KPA to the USB port in my computer. I open Logic, I setup a MIDI track, I press record and then randomly switch slots in my KPA and then what ? I end up with a track but I can't see any info in it except some little Xs that do not seem to correspond to anything. I must be missing something.

I'm afraid I'm a total newbie when it comes to MIDI, so could you walk me through the aforementioned procedure step by step please ?

Thanks again

you need a MIDI/USB cable to connect the PROFILER to your computer.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/swissonic_midiconnect_2.htm

In Logic you have to setup a MIDI track and record the data that is coming from the PROFILER MIDI out when you switch slots. You should find the corresponding MIDI program changes that you have assigned to the slots in the recorded track when you look at the event list editor.

Ok, I ordered the thingy. I'll come back to you after testing it. Thanks !

Do you have any type of DAW on your Mac like Logic or Cubase? That would also enable you to look at the MIDI data coming from the PROFILER. If you cannot get it to work please contact our support team using the form on our website. I am sure we can help you to fix this.

I have GarageBand and Logic. How would you recommend me to hook my Kemper to the MacBook ?

To monitor midi you need PC MIDI interface and software like MIDI OX . Then you have to connect KPA MIDI OUT to interface MIDI IN to check what KPA is sending in MIDI OX software.

That seems way out of my range. Besides, I have a MacBook and Midi OX seems to be for windows only.
    There must be a simpler way to connect a midi pedal to a Kemper ! I tried with my Strymon Mobius with no more success...

Make sure to set the same MIDI channel on both devices and connect the external device to the MIDI output of the PROFILER.

Yes I've done all that ! Both on channel 1, midi out to midi in... Still not working !

I'm in performance mode, EDIT, SLOT SETTINGS, MIDI SETTINGS >> MIDI TRANSMIT. Here the MIDI Device A is my Ottobit, set to PrgChg, and whatever the MIDI Message, nothing happens on the pedal.

Hi guys and thanks for your help. So I've purchased the meris Midi I/0 to make the connection between the Kemper and the Ottobit Jr. I've followed the instructions in the manual concerning midi and watched the tutorial video on the kemper site. However I still can't make it work ! Arghhh ! I can send tempo information from the Kemper to the pedal, which is a start I guess, but I can't make any program change !

Any clues as to what I might be doing wrong ?

Hi everyone !

The Ottobit Jr is probably the only pedal I'll keep after switching to Kemper. However, I have some troubles setting it up as far as midi is concerned.

So, the Kemper has a 5 pin midi out and the Meris pedal a jack exp/midi in. Now, how do I connect one to the other ? ? Is there a special cable that would do the trick or do I need an additional device ?

Thanks for your help,

Alev