Posts by tron621

After installing properly and updating the OS through the USB stick. I want to thank Kemper for this wonderful piece of software. This editor is long awaited and you did not disappoint. Even as a Beta this is spectacular, The speed at which I was able to work this weekend was substantial. We took playful jabs at you guys in fun nevertheless we love your product and I wish I had gotten to it sooner. Thank you again.

I am giddy like a school boy, Can't wait to get home and download. I connected my FX8 4cable method to my powered Kemper last night and working with the FX8 editor was awesome, I was wishing and wishing that Kemper would release soon... Thank you Kemper!!!!!

I hear you, nevertheless I own two Kemper racks, unpowered in the studio and powered for shows... An editor was announce so even though there was never an intention before to produce one. That matters not, because they showed it off at NAMM and then we were told Summer, then we were told soon months ago... The frustration is warranted.

So to summarize 115 pages of comments and many other editor threads over the years. What we know for sure:

When the editor arrives, the net time it will save us and the convenience it will provide in our lives will be vastly exceeded by the hours we spent thinking, hoping, discussing, and arguing about it before it is actually released.

totally worth it, just for the comedy factor

Wow I left this thread on the 6th for vacation came bank with the hopes that it launch while was away... in my sadness i hear the immortal words of Jesse Jackson.. Keep hope alive

I take a walk through leaves of fall

thoughts of summer passed, promises lost.

I dwell on moving past the strain,

an editor in the summer refrain.

The cost to me I cannot tell

is it just to deep a watered well?

Alas into the door I enter

to sit with my Kemper and thoughts

of winter. The winter of my discontent.

some posts here are just frustration converted to meaningless jokes.. but do not aggregate on nothing..

unfortunately this kind of post just blurs what can be useful for discussion here..

expectation is the root of frustration... and we expected an editor during the summer.

Had a head-scratcher with this too, for a second. Here's how to do it:

1. In Rig Manager, expand "All Performances" and left-click on "MyProfiler"
    2. In the window (it probably has a list eg. "Example: Mars Amps"), right click wherever in the list and select "Create New Performance"
    3. Then you can give it some name
    4. Then decide which profiles you want to have in the performance
    5. Go back to the profiles list, and select a profile you want to use. Then copy it (Ctrl/Command+C, or alternatively: right-click -> copy)
    6. Go back to the All Performances list and left-click on the one you created
    7. On the right side, you will see some boxes. Click on one of them and paste to it (Ctrl/Command+V, or right-click -> paste)
    8. The profile you copied should now appear in the box
    9. Do the same steps for each profile you want to use in the Performance
    10. Then finally, you can also organise the order by dragging the boxes up/down

Should work.

needed that thanks

You would have hated the Bradshaw rig days then. A rack full of separate devices. Ground loops everywhere to be fixed before you could even get started. Then sat on your knees programming each individual rack unit by hand. Each one with a completely different menu structure.
    I had never even used a Kemper until I bought the Stage the first week it was out. Had the full 18 song set programmed up within days. Even this morning, I decided to change out all the distorted sounds in the set for a different profile. Crunch, distorted rhythm and lead sounds in most performances.

Even after copying all my performances to a mk2 version of each to work on, I had still managed to change all the rigs profiles to the new profile and set the gain for each rig in every profile in an hour. That included reordering these mk2 performances of every song back to slots 1 to 18.
    This thing is so easy to work with. Especially coming from using a Bradshaw system throughout the 90’s and 00’s.

I am sure an editor would have been quicker but this thing is pretty easy to use.

All of this was done directly on the unit without Rig Manager.

Hahahaha man I remember those days fondly LOL!!! The worst was the eventides they only had XLR outs and the midi library LOL!!! then the rane mixer that everything had to go through to even out the levels!!! Yes present day much easier... however I STILL WANT AN EDITOR!!!!

There is an argument to be made that Fractal's systems need an editor. Getting great sounds is easy, but not when compared to the simplicity of Kemper's approach.

(I am not saying Kemper doesn’t need an editor. I’m saying Fractal generally takes more tweaking to get the results you want.)

Yeah well I am down with the sickness, just bought the powered version anyway. LOL I am sick I am sick I am so sick LOL